Good Soccer Games Games on TV You Have Seen Recently

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Just wanted to start this topic to talk about games other that Milan's games. Any team you want to talk about. I know a lot of us get different games so, if you have seen a good one recently in here you can talk about it and mostly likely someone else will have seen it. On new years day I saw the Arsenal vs. Chelsea, not to much action until the very end but what a lost 10 minutes. Arsenal was up 1-0 @ the 80 min. mark when 2 quick goals had Arsenal up 3-0, but Chelsea came back immediatly to score 2 and make it a great finish. Zola is so much fun to watch at Chelsea, I am going to watch a couple of other games from New Years day tonight.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I read about that match Seamus.....sounds like it ended wildly. Last night I watched the Real Madrid-Sevilla match. Real looked rather dominant, but I would expect nothing less out of them on a return from the break in front of their fans. I think Real is playing Valencia at the Mestalla here in a few days....this I will not miss :)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That sucks because I was supposed to get that match and for some reason the station here that pays it didn't have anything on for La Liga this week. Oh well it is set to play this weekend and w/ the Premiership off until the 11th, it is the only decent soccer here for awhile (well there is Scottish soccer on also). Thank God it is the playoffs for NFL fotball this weekend so I have something else to watch.

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hmmm I watched a pretty good game tonight, it was SOUTHAMPTON 4-0 TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS :D :D Did you see it Scharatz? Or did you switch over at half time? :D

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
scharatz said:
what game was that!? :conf:

You dont remember?? Really? You watched it :D You must remember, southampton scored 4 past TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (better?) and spurs barely scraped a shot, I think you can remember ;)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen a bit of Real Madrid vs. Valencia 4-1 and you MUST ALL SEE, if you haven't yet, Zidane's assists for the last goal. AMAZING! :eek:

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
I agree with you David...

Sometimes (very often, I should add) Zidane is incredible and five minutes of his way of carrying ball equal ticket's fare!!! :eek:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did anyone see Inter loose 4-1? My buddy recorded it but I have a 45 min. drive to pick it up, oh well good excuse to go see him.

Also, Newcastle vs. Man City was funny. Shearer scored in 12 seconds into the match. and then Bellemy took them to 2-0 it was decent enuff game though

I always laugh when I watch Man City as the announcer sooner or later caller Sun a Chinamen, which is fairly raciest here and since soccer is so anti-racism I figured someone would mention that to them. Guess it's not there. I still don't know why it's OK for me to call a guy from France a Frenchmen, but it's not OK to call someone from China a Chinamen? Well that's another story.

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
Seamus, I'm sorry if I'm going off topic, but I have to add a Milan game...

It's really be the best I saw since La Coruna 0 - Milan 4
and it's

CHIEVO VERONA 2 - MILAN 5

That's how Soccer should be plaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah Milan-Chiveo was the best game since Deportivo got killed 4:0. It was nice to see the team score more than 1 goal per game as they had been doing the two months before Christmas break. And the entire team played really well and were firing on all cylinders that night.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Did anyone see Inter loose 4-1? My buddy recorded it but I have a 45 min. drive to pick it up, oh well good excuse to go see him.

Also, Newcastle vs. Man City was funny. Shearer scored in 12 seconds into the match. and then Bellemy took them to 2-0 it was decent enuff game though

I always laugh when I watch Man City as the announcer sooner or later caller Sun a Chinamen, which is fairly raciest here and since soccer is so anti-racism I figured someone would mention that to them. Guess it's not there. I still don't know why it's OK for me to call a guy from France a Frenchmen, but it's not OK to call someone from China a Chinamen? Well that's another story.

I saw both games... Quite entertaining to say the least... I know it's not recent but the Manchester derby was spectacular.

Personnaly, I never heard someone say "Chinamen" before... Always refered someone from China as Chinese...

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barcelona over Inter 3-0 was a good game. Besides Inter loosing they looked terrible, 2 losses in a row :D

Saviola gave the Inter defense fits all night, Overmars and Klivurt were fantastic, the whole Barcelona team played great. Their dirty South Americans (Cordova and Recoba) were bashing people all over the place and Recoba got a red for stomping on Puyol's face.

And speaking of Puyol if I had to pick one defender to replace Maldini when (God forbid) he retires, it would be him. He has been a rock in defense everytime I see him play.

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
Too right Seamus...
I enjoied the wonderful game of Barca
They seemed a completely refreshed and NEW team after the awful performances in Liga

and Saviola gave Cannavaro a terrible headache... :conf:
IMO it was Cannas' worse match than ever!

By the way, Moratti...
do you think Barca is part of the conspiracy and agreed with Galliani to play bad every game in Liga to be able to surprise and fuck Inter in CL such they yesterday did??? :D

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Barça played a very entertaining game yesterday. But the way they've been playing in la Liga, wouldn't it just be too funny if they get relegated?!!! Wouldn't be surprised if Leverkusen also does the same this season.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ads216 said:
Barça played a very entertaining game yesterday. But the way they've been playing in la Liga, wouldn't it just be too funny if they get relegated?!!! Wouldn't be surprised if Leverkusen also does the same this season.

I don't wanna see Barcelona get relegated, humilated is OK, but I don't dislike them at all. I like Saviola and Puyol a lot and don't want them to have to go through that. You're right it would be funny as it always is to see another great team fall apart, but I don't want it to happen.

Leverkussen I don't care about. I watch them play now as opposed to last year and it's unbelieveable! What can you expect when you see your 2 best players (Ballack and Ze Roberto) to the best team in the league? How dumb was that?

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It was nice to watch that match,i'm glad that Barca won because they were trying so much and they deserved.Also i'm glad that they won because of their bad season in the Liga so this is good for their moral.
I guess Antic is doing great job.
My best words go to Saviola,he is young,skilfil and fast.....the bottom line he is an amazing player.

What Recoba did was so unprofessional and bad.

Also i watched this weekend Schalke-Dortmund it was pretty nice match too and it ended 2-2.Lehmann did a really stupid thing as always and got red car.He is always doing some stupid things and mistakes.Whenever i watch him i'm laughing;)

There is one match that i have to mention,it was this season too....the match between Bayern and Dortmund.It's not that it was some good match but it was really funny and exciting watching Koller as a goalkeeper after Lehman got red card(as always)!

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
i hope i dont draw too much critisicm from this statement but i thought the Man Utd - Juventus game was good. Even though i hate both teams passionately, i like many of the players, and some of their build up plays, very stylin..

Nedved and Camoranesi played well, Beckham too... its actually the first match ive actually concentrated on watching in quite some time, i was very appreciative of the quality shown :cool:

Oh and also i enjoyed the goal spree in the first 20 minutes of Arsenal - Man City, and when Man City came back at them and created some good chances, otherwise City played pretty poor.. :o

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A great Bundesliga game I saw last weekend was Dortmund vs. Schalke 04. Shalke went up 2-0, but Agali (Schalke) got red carded for elbowing Dede after Dede threw a elbow that hit Agali right in the face.

Dortmund came back to tie it up 2-2, then Dortmund's keeper, Jens Lehmann, got his second yellow of the match for yelling at his own player, Amoroso. It's the 2nd time this season I've seen him him ejected from a game.

In the game earlier this season, Dortmund had used all their subs already when Lehmann got ejected, their forward Koller had to come back and play keeper for the last 20 or so minutes.

And is it just me or does Wayne Rooney make gamse more exciting? It seams like whenever he come in the Everton looks excited and the whole game gets better.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Real Betis 0-1 Sevilla was a bloodbath. 50 fouls total :eek:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
shevagirl said:
Yeah Seamus i was talking exactly the same matches.
Lehmann is so silly....... :D

silly? hmmm.....yes, that certainly is one way to describe the former Milan keeper. Another adjective to describe Jens Lehmann is "shit." He is to this day, the only keeper I have seen get subbed in a match for being what the coach characterized as "ineffective." Ineffective........a synonym for shit. :)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
he's actually ok, but i think he's got a 'birmingham city' alergy that prevents him from a good keeping when they face them :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Seamus said:
And is it just me or does Wayne Rooney make gamse more exciting? It seams like whenever he come in the Everton looks excited and the whole game gets better.

no mate. Rooney is overrated and only appears to be good when coming on as a sub, ie when the defenders are tired. Lets see where he is in 2 years time. Plenty of youngsters are tipped for the top then fail due to the expectation of the fans.

Plus he's a bluenose, so naturally I wouldn't want him to succeed ;)

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
saw quite a few interesting games recently, the friendly between holland and argentina comes to mind... very entertaining...

and juve vs. inter, if juve goes on like that they'll win the scudetto, no doubt about it. :( outstanding performance by nedved, btw. i wonder why juve always manages to bounce back nice + quick from a defeat (vs. manU in this case) while milan keeps struggling endlessly... :conf:

borussia-real was watchable, and so was milan-lazio...

can't wait for the CL "clash of the titans" real-milan on wednesday, let's hope our guys won't embarrass us...

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus said:
A great Bundesliga game I saw last weekend was Dortmund vs. Schalke 04. Shalke went up 2-0, but Agali (Schalke) got red carded for elbowing Dede after Dede threw a elbow that hit Agali right in the face.

Dortmund came back to tie it up 2-2, then Dortmund's keeper, Jens Lehmann, got his second yellow of the match for yelling at his own player, Amoroso.

I watched that game, very exciting to say the least

Schedule