Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Can't wait, the guy is so awesome:thumbsup:

Also Cowboy vs Benson co-main event, the guy is bloody crazy. Taking a fight on such short notice:lol:

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
That's fair.

TBH, PRIDE as well as K-1 Hero's paid fighters very well. I think ONE FC also give out healthy contracts as well. We will see if that will have an effect on UFC payscale.

pride is still the greatest promotion :proud:

sad to say the yakuza gangsters that owned pride paid better then dana and the fertittas :lol:
who are the real gangsters? :o

----------------
kron gracie mma debut

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

what a shitty opponent....the last time he got choked out was by a peanut

cm punk over kron gracie by submission :o

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
STATEMENT FROM THE UFC:
“We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’
decision to enter a drug treatment facility to address his
recent issue. While we are disappointed in the failed
test, we applaud him for making this decision to enter a
drug treatment facility. Jon is a strong, courageous
fighter inside the Octagon, and we expect him to fight
this issue with the same poise and diligence. We
commend him on his decision, and look forward to him
emerging from this program a better man as a result.”
STATEMENT FROM DANA WHITE, UFC PRESIDENT
“I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to
enter a drug treatment facility. I’m confident that he’ll
emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.”
http://m.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement...al&utm_source=multiple&utm_content=1420585058

Testing positive for cocaine

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
STATEMENT FROM THE UFC:
?We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones?
emerging from this program a better man as a result.?
?I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to
enter a drug treatment facility. I?m confident that he?ll
emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.?
http://m.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement...al&utm_source=multiple&utm_content=1420585058

So this guy:

(1) got arrested for driving drunk and wrecking (thank God he didn't kill anyone)

(2) was the first guy to ever cause an event to be cancelled because his opponent was hurt and he refused to fight a can from a lower weight class he was sure to beat

(3) threatened to murder someone on TV

(4) failed a drug test a month before a title fight for using some form of cocaine/crack

And the UFC pays him at least $500,000 and says it is proud of him.

Wow, Dana. Just wow.

UFC has zero integrity. They released Jason High for shoving a ref, one that fucked him over noless.

:thumbsdown:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ Riddle and Diaz for pot, even though both are card holders I thibk

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
STATEMENT FROM THE UFC:
?We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones?
emerging from this program a better man as a result.?
?I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to
enter a drug treatment facility. I?m confident that he?ll
emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.?

1320851_o.gif

drug free cormier would have whopped his ass
Ze6tF5G.jpg

straight edge cm punk >>>>>>>> jon "ya-yo"jones

I don't know about break bones but jones definitely had some cracks :devilcon:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Good practice match for Conor :lol::thumbsup:

Cowboy vs Benson was a draw, whoever is saying Benson won is clearly ******ed. It was a glorified sparring match, nothing else.

Shame Aldo didn't get in the ring after that with Conor.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Cowboy vs Benson was a draw, whoever is saying Benson won is clearly ******ed. It was a glorified sparring match, nothing else.

Conor vs Aldo gonna be fight of the year

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Cerrone vs Henderson could have gone either way. I just love the new age MMA fans who overexaggerates and calling this a "robbery".

Sean Spencer was robber, Henderson fought a close fight and probably didn't get the nod bc of the take downs. I scored the fight either as a draw or slightly edging it towards Cerrone.

----------------------------------------------------------------

McGregor - not impressed at all. Siver never really impressed me and is one of those fighters that is straight forward, does not have good movement, and is extremely predictable. I don't see how beating this Siver gets McGregor a title shot.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
his mouth got him the title shot, I'll be surprised if aldo doesn't take him out in the first round.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
his mouth got him the title shot, I'll be surprised if aldo doesn't take him out in the first round.

McGregor is a tricky guy. But all of his opponents are spoon fed and he benefit from a time period where UFC lacks a true star after losing GSP and Silva.

Besides Ronda, no other UFC champion has the star power that GSP and Silva once had. Cain is constantly injured, Dillashaw is new (and really who cares about 135), Aldo has been cruising through his wins, and Jones just got popped. Hell, even Chael Sonnen is not around.

You can see Dana trying to build McGregor up. I stand by my statement that until he fights someone with a legit wrestling back ground, I don't consider him a serious contender. At the very least, UFC gain another guy who can promote fights like Chael Sonnen. Don't get me wrong, Connor puts up very exciting fights and its fun to watch him, but to act like Siver was actual competition is just a joke.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I assume they're going to have crocop fight brock this year or at most early next year.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
I assume they're going to have crocop fight brock this year or at most early next year.

The sooner, the better! I wonder in what shape he'll be. I remember his last fights, he wasn't as sharp as before and that was like 3 years ago. At his age, it's not evident to make a return. He also seemed more nervous, constantly suffering from these weird ticks with his arm, head and shoulder. Although he said he's always suffering from these ticks after a fight, but still..

I'm also really really looking forward to Anderson Silva's first fight, since the leg-break. You think he will have trouble with Diaz? In the past, the answer was simple, but now with being so long out of the game, maybe everything could happen.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
The sooner, the better! I wonder in what shape he'll be. I remember his last fights, he wasn't as sharp as before and that was like 3 years ago. At his age, it's not evident to make a return. He also seemed more nervous, constantly suffering from these weird ticks with his arm, head and shoulder. Although he said he's always suffering from these ticks after a fight, but still..

I'm also really really looking forward to Anderson Silva's first fight, since the leg-break. You think he will have trouble with Diaz? In the past, the answer was simple, but now with being so long out of the game, maybe everything could happen.

crocop vs gonzaga on april 11

I'm looking forward to the silva diaz fight too, I think silva will win this one.

I'm interested to see if they really will give silva the title shot if he beats diaz, because you got jacare and the winner of rockhold/machida who are more deserving atm.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This man will be fighting in the UFC tonight, looking forward to it.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wow Rumble.

I would say style makes match ups and I still think Gustafsson is the worst match up for Jones

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wow Rumble.

I would say style makes match ups and I still think Gustafsson is the worst match up for Jones

Wow is indeed the word. I honestly didn't except him to be able to close the distance so well, and set up his punches like that.

If he gets into range with Jones, the later will get fucked up. The dude seriously hits like train:eek:

Silva vs Diaz up next, so excited to see the Spider back:thumbsup:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hendricks brown :sleep:

Rest was great though, pure wrestlers are supper boring..like this week end, that fucker Maia..jesus what a bore fest:fp:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rest was great though, pure wrestlers are supper boring..like this week end, that fucker Maia..jesus what a bore fest:fp:

Appreciate grappling sir, it's all part of MMA

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
close call but yeh I'm favoring rockhold as well.

did anyone follow the aldo mcgregor tour last month? dude is a robot saying the same shit every single time.

at first he was entertaining but now he's just repetitive and annoying + aldo is a bitch for not knocking his teeth in when he took the belt.

I'm aware that he's playing this character to promote the fight and doing a fantastic job at it but he's just getting so obnoxious.

btw :lol: :fp: at the final 186 card, they should thank god if they get over 150k buys for this one.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Rockhold so brutal.

Edit:

How the hell does he make 185

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Machida should retire. Sad but true :cry:

Schedule