The talk between legends

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
9187_s200.jpg
TALK BETWEEN LEGENDS
The only solution: to stay out of the way. There is no better option, in a television studio that is hosting Paolo Maldini and a link-up with Marco Van Basten. In this situation there is no anchorman that can last. The legends speak together. This is what happened on the Milan Channel on Thursday evening. The voice of the 'Swan' to the ear of the captain: 'Congratulations, Paolo. The years are passing, but you are always there, always on the pitch, always the best. Are you going to start your campaign with Livorno? Sooner or later I'll come and see you at Milanello.' Paolo Maldini responded: 'Congratulations to you, Marco. Yesterday I saw the World Cup qualifiers and I found most of my former team-mates in charge as coaches of the National teams. You did very well to debut with a victory against Czech Republic.' And Van Basten replied: 'Thank you, Paolo, but don't worry, you'll become a coach as well.' And after Maldini's first denials ('No, no, I won't become a coach'), Van Basten stated: 'Once I said the same things as you, and now I'm here.' They went on speaking together, without mediators, to the great joy of the Rossonero fans who were watching the programme. Paolo remembered the 5-4 victory in Pescara: a great comeback, Milan were down 4-1, a Van Basten hat-trick...'Yes,' said Marco. 'I prefer going back to those moments, rather than focusing on the evening of my farewell at the San Siro.' And then there were the other memories that he referred to, memories of the eve of the big clashes, the post-match dinners, the victories. 'The scenes that I remember the most vividly are the parties; I remember everything that Marco did. What a pity for that ankle...', said Maldini. The closing is left to Van Basten: 'In our team, in our Milan, Maldini was a great player, he was both able to attack and defend, he gave us energy and lift.' Just as it was, on the television we can see it is still the same. This is what they had to say, nothing more. When two such individuals speak... it is useless to add details.

That column's always enchanting, breath taking and I have no other words to describe it :proud:

Any ideas who writes that stuff? :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I would have to imagine a correspondant for the Milan chanell or web site does the drafting.

This conversation really brings back so many memories when those two were in the same side.

Countless times......I can rmemeber that Milan side losing the ball, then watching Donadoni, Ancelotti, Rijkaard, Gullit, Baresi, ect quickly winning it back (the ultimate strength of the Sacchi Milan sides: their tenacity in midfield) then getting it out to Maldini on the left who would attack that flank like no tomorrow and pinpoint a striding Van Basten for a finish...

Good memory...

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Its you Kyara who writes that .. :dance: Il poeta :angel:

You are very good in it! .. if I`ll need a poem or something I`ll ask for ur help hehe

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
besikaka said:
Its you Kyara who writes that .. :dance: Il poeta :angel:

You are very good in it! .. if I`ll need a poem or something I`ll ask for ur help hehe
Naah, that stuff is way above my level :eek: :tongue: Thanks for the compliment though
yb671.gif

Schedule