• Group E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Group H

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Here is the grouping for the first stage of CL 2004-2005 according to SOCCERNET.COM.

Group A
Deportivo La Coruna; LIVERPOOL; AS Monaco; Olympiakos

Group B
Real Madrid; AS Roma; Bayer Leverkusen; Dynamo Kiev

Group C
Bayern Munich;Juventus; Ajax Amsterdam; Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Group D
MANCHESTER UNITED; Olympique Lyonnais; Sparta Prague; Fenerbahce

Group E
ARSENAL; Panathinaikos; PSV Eindhoven; Rosenborg

Goup F
Barcelona; AC Milan; CELTIC; Shakhtar Donetsk

Group G
Valencia; Inter Milan; Anderlecht; Werder Bremen

Group H
FC Porto; CHELSEA; Paris Saint Germain; CSKA Moscow

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Unbeleivable year, all groups are on fire!!! Hope to c them all :D
If not on TV, then on Internet...If not live, then on same day delay...
Getting ready...

FORZA MILAN!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
three way tie..B, C and F take it....Manchester's group is ridiculous

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
bring it on barca.... :devil:

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
B,C & F are the toughest groups, but i'm confident milan can qualify

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I personally don't think that our group is that tough. Definitely Inter's group is a riot. I feel sorry for them. And JUVE's group is also tricky.
I have immense amount of hatred for both JUVE and BAYERN. But there is no way both of them are going out in the first stage while AJAX and TEL_AVIV are moving on. So the realistic choice would be AJAX and one of two nemesises. I think I would prefer AJAX and JUVE to move on.

How the hell Manure gets lucky all the time with grouping ?!@$#%^&*?

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Hope to win the Champions League this YEARRRRRR ;)

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
The group C is very strong but the Group A its difficult cuz liverpool and depor seem strong but monaco with saviola could beat these 2 teams and finish first.
I hope PSG could do something against chelsea and Porto.
Milan will take the first spot cuz Sheva will destroy barcelona at home again :devil:

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
zantetsuken said:
The group C is very strong but the Group A its difficult cuz liverpool and depor seem strong but monaco with saviola could beat these 2 teams and finish first.
I hope PSG could do something against chelsea and Porto.
Milan will take the first spot cuz Sheva will destroy barcelona at home again :devil:
hehe I would love that, but they can do anything only against Porto, cause Chelsea is to strong!!!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
I would say that our froup is the hardest. Barcelona have bought so many new players to their side, and got rid of old and the ones that are getting past it, talking of Kluivert,Cocu,Reiziger,Rustu etc ect and brought in some very good prospects, it will be a good battle with Milan. Then there's the always present and very consistant Celtic, which when play at home are very tricky and their mastermind coach always has a trick up his sleeve. Not forgetting Shaktar Donetsk, a team that I have been following every week, trust me, they are not easy team to play, they have many Balkan stars as well as young promising Ukrainians, and you try playig against them away in Soviet winter and it would be very hard.
I wish the best of luck to Milan, and I really hope we make it through even though It will be harder than it may look I feel, and they (we) shouldn't underestimate any team, as every team in this group is decent and good in their own way. :eek:

About the other groups... who cares, this is the 1 with mighty Milan!! :rolleyes:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Really hard groups for big teams....except for ManU's.
Our rivals are very difficult...yes Barcelona has very good new signings...and the always creative Ronaldinho is present.
Celtic is another great team...but I don't know how good they can be without Larson.
The other team I don't know it...but even if it seems easy let's not get too confident.

The other 2 groups I want to see are b and c...and hopefully Liverpool, Monaco and Olympiakos can make things hard ,very hard to Deportivo.

THE MALDINESTA

Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
:head: :head: I JUST COULDN'T GET IT.THE GROUPING BASE ON THE PERFORMENTS OF THE PAST 5 YEARS ?.DIDN'T WE PERFORM GREAT?,YET STILL BE PUT IN THE POT 2.TOO BAD.I FELT SORRY FOR ROMA,SEEMS THEY COULDN'T GET AWAY FROM MADRID.AND FOR 4 TIMES IN 5 YEARS WE PLAY AGAIN SPANISH SIDES IN THE 1ST PHASE.LET COMPARE,3 OUT OF 4 ITALIAN SIDES PLAY IN THE GROUP OF DEATH,WHILST ENGLISH SIDES( EXCEPT FOR L'POOL) JOIN EASY GROUP.I THINK GROUP A,B,AND F ARE PRETTY HARD,WHILE GROUP C IS THE TOUGHEST OF ALL.BUT I'M SURE WE CAN GO THROUGH.I'M HAPPY WE JOIN BARCA IN THE GROUP -PHASE ,SO WE WONT MEET 'EM IN THE EARLY KNOCK OUT PHASE.I EVEN BE PROUD OF MILAN,COZ WHENEVER THEY PLAYED THE DIFFICULT OPPENENTS FROM THE START TO THE END, THEY BECAME CHAMPIONS.THE FUNNY THINGS WILL BE HAPPEN IN GROUP G,AND H.VALENCIA VS INTER WILL BECOME LAZIO DERBY,AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MOURINHO AND HIS FORMER PORTO PLAYER PLAY AGAINST THEIR OLD CLUB :devil2: :devil2:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
THE MALDINESTA said:
I JUST COULDN'T GET IT.THE GROUPING BASE ON THE PERFORMENTS OF THE PAST 5 YEARS ?.DIDN'T WE PERFORM GREAT?

No. We did NOT perform consistently great during the past 5 seasons. Points that ultimately determine the UEFA coefficient which the seeding is based upon are not only awarded for advancing to the next stage of the competition but also for wins + as we know, even in their most successful season Milan didn't quite march through to the final winning every match ;)

Please solve your shift key malfunction, those caps are not only impolite to use (means ur screaming all the time) but also make me dizzy -- thanks.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
bojangles said:
three way tie..B, C and F take it....Manchester's group is ridiculous

I wouldn't be surprised if they had spent big on a favourable draw ( ;)) but even that one will prove too hard for them, you'll see :D

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Passion for *9* said:
THE MALDINESTA said:
I JUST COULDN'T GET IT.THE GROUPING BASE ON THE PERFORMENTS OF THE PAST 5 YEARS ?.DIDN'T WE PERFORM GREAT?

No. We did NOT perform consistently great during the past 5 seasons. Points that ultimately determine the UEFA coefficient which the seeding is based upon are not only awarded for advancing to the next stage of the competition but also for wins + as we know, even in their most successful season Milan didn't quite march through to the final winning every match ;)

Please solve your shift key malfunction, those caps are not only impolite to use (means ur screaming all the time) but also make me dizzy -- thanks.
I THINK MY SHIFT BUTTON IS MALFUNCTIONING TOO.

1-0

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they had spent big on a favourable draw ( ) but even that one will prove too hard for them, you'll see

I think you're right.

Lyon are a decent side for starters. They're French champions and have some good players in Juninho, Frau, Sidney Govou and Brunel - although Giovanni Elber seems to have a long-term injury, possibly missing much of the season.

Fenerbahce are Turkish champions and the trips to Turkey are notoriously difficult. If memory serves, United have a poor record against Turkish sides.

And Sparta Prague were good enough to hold Milan to a 0-0 draw last season (albeit losing heavily in the San Siro return) and reached the last 16.

There are harder groups than United's, don't get me wrong, but it's hardly a foregone conclusion that United will qualify just like that.

1-0

Reaction score
I think groups B and F are hardest.

Real Madrid have been unlucky being drawn with Bayer Leverkusen (who beat Bayern Munich 4-1 yesterday) and Roma. Likewise Milan face a group with 2 difficult opponents. It's easy to get thrashed at Celtic Park because of the atmosphere and O'Neill knows how to play away as well. Celtic are desperate for a good CL run and this could be their season.

It's a good draw with some tasty fixtures coming up. :D

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:

And Barca did? Did they win ANYTHING during the past years? They had a nice CL run two years ago but who won the title? Milan. So this system is very questionable...The same will be right for the other teams...I would like to beleive that everything kosher, but after the Euro and the Olympics, as the most recent events, all possibilities should be accounted for.
Group C is the toughest, but everybody will have to work their ass to advance. If something was learned from the last Euro, is that there is no favorits... Every game should be played as the final. Hope Carlo will pass my word to the players. :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
newyorker said:
Passion for *9* said:
And Barca did? Did they win ANYTHING during the past years? They had a nice CL run two years ago but who won the title? Milan. So this system is very questionable...The same will be right for the other teams...I would like to beleive that everything kosher, but after the Euro and the Olympics, as the most recent events, all possibilities should be accounted for.

--> Read my post in the Football forum, under CL SEASON 2004/05.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Group A
Deportivo La Coruna; LIVERPOOL; AS Monaco; Olympiakos

I hate L'Pool. Hopfully Depo and Monaco or even Olympiakos will go though.

Group B
Real Madrid; AS Roma; Bayer Leverkusen; Dynamo Kiev

I dont like Real or Roma but both will go though easy.

Group C
Bayern Munich;Juventus; Ajax Amsterdam; Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Intersting with 1 of Juv, Bayer or Ajax missing out!

Group D
MANCHESTER UNITED; Olympique Lyonnais; Sparta Prague; Fenerbahce

Man Utd much go though.

Group E
ARSENAL; Panathinaikos; PSV Eindhoven; Rosenborg

Another easy group imo, like Man Utd

Goup F
Barcelona; AC Milan; CELTIC; Shakhtar Donetsk

great group. 3 very strong teams. It looks like Barca and Milan will go though but Celtic are certainlly very good.

Group G
Valencia; Inter Milan; Anderlecht; Werder Bremen

Again, looks to have 2 clear cut teams going though in Valencia and Inter.

Group H
FC Porto; CHELSEA; Paris Saint Germain; CSKA Moscow

Chelsea to go though, Porto should get 2nd. However they have lost some good players.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Group C + F have the hardest with 3 great teams in each;

Bayern Munich;Juventus; Ajax Amsterdam
Barcelona; AC Milan; CELTIC

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
sure the group c is the most strong group
and also group b is strong and I consider that our
group is good and I think Milan & barca are favorite to go throw
and I think that other groups d,e,g, h are very easy

Last edited:
Reaction score
i am so sad that milan not coming to israel :cry: but juve is coming and you dont know how there fans in isreal are so happy.

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
newyorker said:
Passion for *9* said:

--> Read my post in the Football forum, under CL SEASON 2004/05.

Thank you

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
If talk about tough, it depends on which team you are. If it is Milan, then Group F is not tough. Milan and Barca are the strongest in the group. And Milan performs better than Barca in big games. So I think Milan will go thro' easily :devil2: .

Group B is very even, only Real Madrid is a little bit outstanding. Roma, Leverkusen and Dynamo Kiev are similar. Although Roma performed well last season, after Capello and other stars' leaving, it is not optimistic to see the same standard from the team next season. But I hope Roma can go thro' it as it is Italy's representative.

Group C, Juve has a great chance to get a spot. They have many quality players this season. So there is no problem to go thro. I guess the 2nd place will go to Bayern if Ibra really goes to Juve.

People said ManU got a good draw. I agree if it was the ManU a few years ago. But look at their performances in the summer. :head: I don't think it was much better than the other teams in the group.

Unlike ManU, Arsenal has a good draw instead. I think they and PSV Eindhoven will be on top of the table.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Arent we underestimating group G???

Valencia are Primera champions and has significantly strengthened their squad ie Corradi, Fiore and Di Vaio while Inter have made 4 or 5 new signings which will improve their team. To top it off there is also a certain Werder Bremen - who are better than Bayern IMO and Anderlecht who arent new to this tournament.

Group C------------Group G
Bayern--------------Valencia-
Juve------------------Inter---
Ajax------------------Werder-
Maccabi------------Anderlecht

Now i dont know about you guys but id say Valencia has the edge in quality over Bayern, Juve is perhaps a bit stronger than Inter but i think Werder can qualify in G and are a tougher side than Ajax or maybe equal, especially with the loss of Zlatan while Anderlecht are better than Mazzabi.

I think this adds up for group G being the tougher group than C. Saying this i think Milans group is also tougher than Group C - i totally disagree with Group C being the toughest

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
Cl

I don't know why manutd r always lucky with their groups ,it would be difficult group for milan ,i am supporting barca and milan ,whow i can't wait to see that match,ronaldinho versus nesta,amazing!!!!!

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pixiraver said:
I don't know why manutd r always lucky with their groups ,it would be difficult group for milan ,i am supporting barca and milan ,whow i can't wait to see that match,ronaldinho versus nesta,amazing!!!!!

Nesta v Eto
Maldini v Ronaldinho
Guily v Seedorf
Puyol v Shevchenko

etc.

What a game!

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
Rivaldo-11 said:
Arent we underestimating group G???

Valencia are Primera champions and has significantly strengthened their squad ie Corradi, Fiore and Di Vaio while Inter have made 4 or 5 new signings which will improve their team. To top it off there is also a certain Werder Bremen - who are better than Bayern IMO and Anderlecht who arent new to this tournament.

Group C------------Group G
Bayern--------------Valencia-
Juve------------------Inter---
Ajax------------------Werder-
Maccabi------------Anderlecht

Now i dont know about you guys but id say Valencia has the edge in quality over Bayern, Juve is perhaps a bit stronger than Inter but i think Werder can qualify in G and are a tougher side than Ajax or maybe equal, especially with the loss of Zlatan while Anderlecht are better than Mazzabi.

I think this adds up for group G being the tougher group than C. Saying this i think Milans group is also tougher than Group C - i totally disagree with Group C being the toughest

I wouldn't be suprise if inter doesn't make it thru the next round,werder and valencia get my votes in group g

Schedule