Italian Football Thread III

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Luciano Spalletti: "We don't have the quality. I can't improve this team with work in training, I've been trying all season"

:lol:

Grazie Spaletti! Keep ruining your team's morale.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Napoli got knocked out in every competition just they can lose this one as well

1535.gif

napoLi

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
napoli you fucking useless garbage team

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Draw isnt too bad though?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Oh wait lmfao nevermind. Game in hand. Yep small team. But we know that already. Nipples.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Any news on when the Derby will be played?

Depends on Europe. If we fall out vs Arsenal then the talk has been 3rd or 4th April. So 3 or 4 days after gobbi for us.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Beating Arsenal gives us more hope for CL and also delays the derby which I believe is gonna be helpful for us. Too tough to pull off though

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Let it go, we re not beating arsenal adn keeping clean sheet. But i hope young guys gain some experience.

Focus should be on seria a. Every game s crucial.
Also i hope we beat nipples and put dent in their hopes. Slowly competing with roma as biggest chokers around.

Just checked, lazio has easiest games left. :fp:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Skriniar has easily been Inter's best player this season. By a distance. And so far the best CB in Serie A this season. One of the few positives we Inter fans can take from this season.

He hasn’t been better than romagnoli this season let alone chiellini and koulibally

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Well the way he handled the Roma-Totti situation was equally poor. He's becoming quite the grumpy loose cannon.

Very few expected Inter to get even 1 point yesterday - a draw is not all that bad a result for them. Still he made these comments - implies there are more issues in the background. Possibly lack of access to Suning, promises not kept during winter mercato etc.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
He hasn’t been better than romagnoli this season let alone chiellini and koulibally

Koulibally was utter shit last night, Chiellini gets away with so much shit.

I still can’t understand why skrinar is a football player. So much hype but he rarely makes mistakes.

The solid defence isn’t up to him, it’s up to the coward who plays with two defensive lines against small teams. He only cleans up, nothing spectacular really. Murillo 2.0.

Stop putting Romagnoli in the same sentence with noobs. He’s the real heir of elite Italian defenders(nests &Maldini).

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Napoli got knocked out in every competition just they can lose this one as well

1535.gif

This :lol: :lol: :lol:

Serie A table:

4th Lazio with 53 points
5th Inter with 52 points
6h Milan with 47 points
7th Samp with 44 points

Not only did we close the gap considerably on CL places, we have a nice advantage over Samp for EL places as well.

This was a good round :D

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
lets be honest
napoli is playing interesting football but they dont really have enough quality in attack to be serious team in europe. Attack callejon-mertens-insigne is just joke from top teams perspective.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Brozovic denies Wanda Nara affair allegations :lol:

Oh Icardi my Icardi..

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
lets be honest

napoli is playing interesting football but they dont really have enough quality in attack to be serious team in europe. Attack callejon-mertens-insigne is just joke from top teams perspective.

They don’t have a complete striker a la suarez, lewandowski.. one who you can cross to. They don’t have plan b and if you play a good defensive match like inter did yesterday, you can shut them down.. they kinda remind me of the LATE barca tiki taka era with messi as false 9. A lot of teams used to park the bus against them and mostly came out with a point

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's a fine coach, whose Napoli team is easy on the eye.

My gripe was more that whenever there has been a key game in recent memory involving Napoli, they have fluffed their lines (Bilbao, key games against Juve, Dnipro, Roma etc.).

And that is not only Sarri's failing (Benitez was in charge against Bilbao, for example) but also the club's. ADL sets the tone when he privileges one tournament over the other, which I think has harmed Napoli more that it has helped them.

I have reservations about Sarri the psychologist, motivator, or trascinatore. I am not suggesting that a tub-thumper is what is necessarily required, but Napoli look really unprepared sometimes. The capitulation to Leipzig at the San Paolo was particularly disappointing, albeit predictable.

There was no excuse for Napoli to fold like they did against Roma either. I thought that was pretty bizarre especially when you consider there had been no European exertion a few days earlier. Had they won, they would have gone 7 points ahead of Juve, and Juve would have to play their game in hand with a lot more pressure.

And speaking of Roma, when they won the Scudetto last in 2001, Capello managed all aspects of the team well. You need that type of coach sometimes to break the mould at a club, especially a club like Napoli or Roma, where the organizational structure isn't as sound as Milan or Juve. I think back, for example, to that 2-2 against Juventus in the 2000/01 season, when Nakata scored that bullet from long-range. Roma were down 2-0 at one point, and it looked pretty grim.

Sure, it helps when you have players like Batistuta, Totti, Montella etc. but Napoli also have a lot of quality, and some players are playing beyond themselves--I'd be curious to see how Ghoulam and Callejon fare outside of this Napoli, for example.

I am not suggesting Capello is an awesome coach, or that Sarri isn't; more, I have doubts about whether Sarri can finish the job.

If you're asking whether I would like Sarri at Milan, then I would have to say no.

:thumbsup: thanks for ur time

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of the 11 games we have to play in Serie A, 7 of them are going to be at home.

Hopefully, that helps us :)

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Mourinho is finished. Backwards coach that belongs to the 2000s.

This is the era of guys like Pep, Conte, Allegri. No place for old school catenaccio Jose.

Allegri is just as defensive as Morinho. It's actually an insult putting Allegri in the same sentence as Pep. Agreed, no place for old school catenaccio in CL football. That's why Allegri will never win a CL in his lifetime

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
This :lol: :lol: :lol:

Serie A table:

4th Lazio with 53 points
5th Inter with 52 points
6h Milan with 47 points
7th Samp with 44 points

Not only did we close the gap considerably on CL places, we have a nice advantage over Samp for EL places as well.

This was a good round :D

Amen Samp beat Inter and Milan beat Chievo next week. Enabling us to pass Inter by winning the derby.

Brozovic denies Wanda Nara affair allegations :lol:

Oh Icardi my Icardi..

There is a beautiful life lesson we can all take from this.

Schedule