Postiga for Milan

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others
02/07/2004. Helder Postiga has become Milan's main target for next season.

The rossoneri club are reportedly expected to offer 9 million Euros for the young Portuguese attacker who plays for Tottenham.

However Milan will have to face Celta Vigo's competition who are very interested in the young star too.

SA Europe
how you guy's think

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I haven't seen Postiga play for a looooong time (he's sub at Tottenham and has turned out like a real flop!) But I saw him play at Porto, and he seemed pretty good and promising back in these days...

I'm not sure about Postiga...9 m is way to much to pay for a unproven flop, this amount has been made up by SoccerAge... :tongue:

Euro_champs

Primavera
Reaction score
No way leave that guy alone,i have watched him play with totenham and he didnt impress.So NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah he has scored very few goals since turning up at White Hart Lane..someone Milan don't really need to splurge such a huge amount on..i reckon the combined transfer of the more proven Gilardino and Bonera for a total of 10 million is a much better offer...

Reaction score
hell no, he is the worst player i have seen for 8.5 millon. if we were to get a portuguese player it should be pauleta as inzaghis replacemet or deco as rui costas.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Euro_champs said:
No way leave that guy alone,i have watched him play with totenham and he didnt impress.So NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.[/quote
That's right!

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Relax people. It's just a rumour from SoccerCrap.

I, for one, am not ready to refer to him as a full-fledge football flop since it's his first season with the sorry Spurs and he's still young (21 years old).

Maybe he joined them at the wrong time. Maybe he doesn't fit the Spurs. I don't know. If they don't plan to sell him, they should loan him somewhere before he turns into another JDT.

I took some time for him to get his confidence back after his spell with Newcastle.

peng said:
if we were to get a portuguese player it should be pauleta as inzaghis replacemet
Pauleta is 30 years old.

Pippo's + Sheva's potential future replacements need to be younger, not as old as they are.

sboudefar

Primavera
Reaction score
yes!if we need to sign a new forward we must sign a young player like drogba(om),helder postiga(spurs),milan baros(liverpool),owen(liverpool),rosicky(dortmund),!!

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i dont want postiga, from wat ive seen of him, he doesnt look that good at all
we should go for young italians such as gilardino for strikers replacements in the future

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yup..Gilardino sounds good to me..since Adriano's injury lay-off and now his departure to Inter..Gilardino's been stepping in well at Parma..he looks like a very good young striker..definitely has the talent but needs more time to grow...

As for Postiga..he was an important player in Porto's treble last season..and scored quite a bagful of goals..if i remember..he was their teenage prodigy and ever since switching to Spurs..he has fallen from the heights somewhat... No matter..i don't think we should consider Postiga...

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
No where need Milan quailty.
We are trying to make the side better, this doesnt happen by adding medoricity...

He is a West Ham player anyway.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yes i doubt that Helder Postiga is playing for West Ham United or is owned by them, he plays for the Spurs... Tottenham Hotspur striker Helder Postiga is reportedly considering an offer from Spanish club Celta Vigo, who want to take the Portuguese striker on loan for the rest of the season.
its not comfirmed yet :o
Should the 21-year-old prove a success in La Liga, Celta will make an offer of around £6million in the summer to make the move permanent.

AC Milan are reportedly keen on Tottenham Hotspur striker Helder Postiga, and will make a bid of around £6million at the end of the season. confirmed: NO
from WWW.FANSFC.COM
Another portuguese talented player is Hugo Viana, not always in the first team with Newcastle United, a left midfielder & only 21 years old
3684525127.jpg

Notes - One of the top young players in Europe. Bobby Robson persuaded Hugo to come to Newcastle over several big name European clubs.

red_dragon

Beginner
Reaction score
He is talented..but then has no performance at highest level(premiership) to show for. Certainly he can't be the successor to Rui. better talents can be bought for much less...any of the Boca or Santos youngsters or someone like Robben/Sneijder/Kapo

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea, very unimpressive season for Postiga. Don't quite get why he would opt to play for such a sh!te team in the first place... but anyway, just like Viana he's probably made the mistake of leaving Portugal too early + then join the league most unsuited for his style of play. What was he thinking ? ;)

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope Milan rubbish this rumour soon..all this about Postiga and Milan in the same breath is just absurd! We don't need him at Milan and..of the many many other clubs around..Postiga can easily find another club to settle into..he definitely should not have left Porto..where he was doing so well...

Reaction score
...i agree... last season, when he was in porto he scored 15 goals (very good for a player with 20 years old), but in the spurs he only scored 1 goal. he shouldn't left porto. he dont have quality to play for milan. probably borrielo is better

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah i do prefer Borriello over Postiga..anyday..Marco has that ability to do amazing things..except score goals..but Postiga is like a starlet fallen from grace..he should not have left Porto where life was comfortable and he was basking in the limelight in his homeland..that was as much as he could ask for..especially at one of Portugal's leading clubs in Porto...

Reaction score
in portugal only deco is as good or better than rui costa.
in my opinion Deco IS BETTER than rui costa because he´s getting old.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
vedder said:

Rui Costa IS BETTER than Deco.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Melbourne said:
vedder said:

you forgot "IMO" ;)

conversely, IMO, Deco is better (currently) than Rui. But this by no means suggests that Deco's career has been greater than Manuels.. nononono.. for Deco to even parallel the player that Rui has been during his career, he will need at least 5 years in Europes very elite, just like the Rui we knew from Fiorentina.. :cool:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I completely agree with you j-p... :cool:

Currently, IMO -Deco is better then Rui, but he needs at least 5 years with top European football, and he ain't getting that in Porto nor the Portuguese league!

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
juninho-paulista said:
Melbourne said:
vedder said:

you forgot "IMO" ;)

conversely, IMO, Deco is better (currently) than Rui. But this by no means suggests that Deco's career has been greater than Manuels.. nononono.. for Deco to even parallel the player that Rui has been during his career, he will need at least 5 years in Europes very elite, just like the Rui we knew from Fiorentina.. :cool:

pfft.

Rui Costa > Deco :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Velez Mostar said:
I completely agree with you j-p... :cool:

Currently, IMO -Deco is better then Rui, but he needs at least 5 years with top European football, and he ain't getting that in Porto nor the Portuguese league!

Hm... I thought I've read everywhere what an unimpressive season he has. Deco I mean. If he was that great he wouldn't be playing at Porto anymore, at age 26 (27 in the summer). Of course I don't mind him staying there, the last place I wanna see him in is Milan ;)

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
True that Passion, but I guess he kinda needs a new challenge or something...Anyway, Deco has had a bad season, but Rui has had an even worse... :tongue:

But Id say that Deco currently is better then Rui, mostly bcoz of his age, Rui ain't getting any younger as we all know..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Velez Mostar said:
True that Passion, but I guess he kinda needs a new challenge or something...Anyway, Deco has had a bad season, but Rui has had an even worse... :tongue:

Which is why I didn't even bother mentioning Rui......... :tongue:

As for Deco, he might need a challenge or some change of air or whatever... but Milan is not obliged to cater to his needs + hopefully it will stay like that. (Never considered him a worthy transfer target ;))

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
No, no no no no!! I dont think that Postiga is Milan quality.
Maybe try Mateja Kezman :devil3: