The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
And once again. Why are we starting from scratch? Why wouldn't Ralf build good relations with his players?

People acting like Pioli is a hybrid between Sacchi, Ancelotti and prime Mourinho :lol:

Does Pioli have a good relationship with our players? Yes

Does Rangnick have a good relationship with our players? No, because he has never met them.

That is quite literally the fucking definition of starting from scratch.

No one is saying that Pioli is the great manager ever. What people are saying is that he has taken a team that was in an absolutely tailspin and eventually got them playing the best football Milan has played in a decade. It's delusional to think that isn't a significant accomplishment, and that it doesn't make sense to build on that success instead of hitting the restart button.

And again, Rangnick has an almost identical career record to Spalletti, who the majority of this board thinks is not Milan quality. But you guys are so desperate to believe that you'll eat any shit sandwich that Gazidis tries to feed you.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Why not? Pioli's Milan is playing in an awkwardly similar way to Leipzig (from what I've seen and read). Deep pressing, fast football, direct approach without unnecessary touches and lots of running. Why would Ralf not have good results when he has this foundation already working?

i agree with you but i doubt we will be so good next season because other teams will get better: can juve and lazio be so terrible like they are now?, midtable teams will play better at the begin of the season etc.
all people will look on us after end of this season and with new coach -> pressure

hope new players will give boost to this team - rb, dominiq, new cf, more quality for midfield (even if only back up).

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
You must be kidding me. If that?s what you draw from my lines then I don?t even need to try to explain it. You must be actively and willingly missing the point of my post for the sake of fun to come to such a statement.

Unless it?s not me who?s totally beyond repair in puncto reading comprehension lol.

Lol, sorry. I do largely agree with you. My statement (which might not have been clear) was basically that there are a lot of people here (not trying to target any specific poster) who both think that-
1) a large part of our success since January is adding Ibra, a 38 year old who has been a great champion
2) Next season we should only add young players.

I think that the majority of player that we add should be young, but I also think that there is a lot of value in having experienced winners on the squad, and that Ibra has proven that. I don't think it would be wise to focus solely on adding youth.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol, sorry. I do largely agree with you. My statement (which might not have been clear) was basically that there are a lot of people here (not trying to target any specific poster) who both think that-
1) a large part of our success since January is adding Ibra, a 38 year old who has been a great champion
2) Next season we should only add young players.

I think that the majority of player that we add should be young, but I also think that there is a lot of value in having experienced winners on the squad, and that Ibra has proven that. I don't think it would be wise to focus solely on adding youth.

Alright then. Sorry for the outburst!

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My fear is what happens if we decide to keep Pioli, and then he and the squad regress to their mean and we earn 7 points from our first 5 matches next season?

Pioli is doing great since Ibra arrived, and the squad is playing really nice football right now; however, it is under extremely unique circumstances. I think we are in a position where we might get suckered into keeping Pioli based on a small sample size. Is he capable of taking a team from 5th to 1st? Nothing in his track record suggests so.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My fear is what happens if we decide to keep Pioli, and then he and the squad regress to their mean and we earn 7 points from our first 5 matches next season?

Pioli is doing great since Ibra arrived, and the squad is playing really nice football right now; however, it is under extremely unique circumstances. I think we are in a position where we might get suckered into keeping Pioli based on a small sample size. Is he capable of taking a team from 5th to 1st? Nothing in his track record suggests so.

Fabrizio Romano and Vito Angele both have confirmed that Rangnick is coming. There's 2 weeks of Pioli left.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
lol exactly. this guy was skulking around kicking rodney strasser in the middle of a team talk by our manager. he is 100% an asshole and always has been. It was tolerable when he was delivering on the pitch but he is beyond terrible now.

Im sure it's possible to find someone with a big personality and experience who doesn't play like complete shit.

He has a great record so far...

Sell except for donna. Keep generational talents. Sell good players for high prices. If you can get 150 for them after buying them for 36 a year ago, that's brilliant business.

So, we buy Bennacer, to then sell him and risk trying to find the next Bennacer?

Great idea. We should not set up to be a selling team, that should only happen when the offer is beyond logic and reason. If someone offers 100m for Bennacer, alright, but that isn't going to happen.

Ibra..beyond terrible?

Have people not seen we perform without him on the pitch?
Our 2-2 vs spal is a great place to start.

:lol::lol::lol:

Exactly. A few passes have been off. He still got an assist and was vital yesterday. He's got pretty much a goal or assist per 90 minutes.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Milan and Pioli are currently enjoying a purple patch, it won't last. Remember when Lazio enjoyed theirs. Posters were calling for S.Inzaghi as coach...

Seasons are full of peaks and troughs, it's the teams that manage to balance them best over the course of 38 league games that reach the objective.

The next two games will provide the biggest insight. Pioli doesn't deserve to be sacked but he was always considered a shorterm solution. The club are gambling either way come the seasons end.

This purple patch is great and all but the bottom line.. table position.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Milan and Pioli are currently enjoying a purple patch, it won't last. Remember when Lazio enjoyed theirs. Posters were calling for S.Inzaghi as coach...

Seasons are full of peaks and troughs, it's the teams that manage to balance them best over the course of 38 league games that reach the objective.

The next two games will provide the biggest insight. Pioli doesn't deserve to be sacked but he was always considered a shorterm solution. The club are gambling either way come the seasons end.

This purple patch is great and all but the bottom line.. table position.

You can say it won't last when it's only based on results, as you can get some dirty win here and there, lucky penalties and such. But, this team is just playing incredibly game after game. This doesn't go over night... unless you change the squad and coach, of course

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
You can say it won't last when it's only based on results, as you can get some dirty win here and there, lucky penalties and such. But, this team is just playing incredibly game after game. This doesn't go over night... unless you change the squad and coach, of course

So many varibles at play. Without Ibra and fans back in the stadiums plus huge expectation again. The dynamic could swing back just like it did with the post-Covid league restart.

No guarantees. The club backs Pioli next season and he fails to land the top 4 objective. Then what? the opportinity for revolution is
gone.

Also. So much BS on the board about Maldini signing all the players. Moncado and Almstadt are the driving force in the scouting department. Paolo gets presented with the options. He's not a scout, he liaises with the players(key attribute) They wouldn't be demoting him otherwise..

Last edited:

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Well, seems like the team is finally clicking, has some consistency, and has some leaders in the locker room for once. Oh wait... i know, let's start from scratch again!!! Fire the coach!!! Fire Maldini, all of his signings suck so bad!! Change it up!! And no players over the age of 21 for Gazidis (he probably frequented Epstein island...). Yes, just like last year, once we find consistency it's time to break it again!!

******ed upper management. I can't wait until Gazidis and Elliot leave my club.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So many varibles at play. Without Ibra and fans back in the stadiums plus huge expectation again. The dynamic could swing back just like it did with the post-Covid league restart.

No guarantees. The club backs Pioli next season and he fails to land the top 4 objective. Then what? the opportinity for revolution is
gone.

Also. So much BS on the board about Maldini signing all the players. Moncado and Almstadt are the driving force in the scouting department. Paolo gets presented with the options. He's not a scout, he liaises with the players(key attribute) They wouldn't be demoting him otherwise..

I think Almstedt came after the summer. In the summer it was Maldidni, Boban, Massara and Moncada doing the transfers and Maldini / Boban making the final decisions.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Let's hope they don't give Almstedt any kind of decision making position. Keep him as an advisor to gazidis.

Hes an amateur at best.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
How did AC Milan win so much before the post Berlusconi era

Was it an u-24 policy?

Is #postCOVIDACMilan trending right now?

These are the real questions we need to be asking

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
I think Almstedt came after the summer. In the summer it was Maldidni, Boban, Massara and Moncada doing the transfers and Maldini / Boban making the final decisions.

Almstedt arrived in Jan 2019. Paolo obviously takes the credit publicly for all signings that flourish. Can't even imagine him watching Theo at Sociedad...

Rangnick would be the final piece to complete the intelligence sporting network at the club.

We need Kojak back to break down the details, like only he can :)

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
fuck this Pioli careers matter movement

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Well, seems like the team is finally clicking, has some consistency, and has some leaders in the locker room for once. Oh wait... i know, let's start from scratch again!!! Fire the coach!!! Fire Maldini, all of his signings suck so bad!! Change it up!! And no players over the age of 21 for Gazidis (he probably frequented Epstein island...). Yes, just like last year, once we find consistency it's time to break it again!!

******ed upper management. I can't wait until Gazidis and Elliot leave my club.

CI3b.gif

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez, Bennacer and Rebic could be suspended for the Atalanta game if they get booked against Sassuolo on Tuesday

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does Pioli have a good relationship with our players? Yes

Does Rangnick have a good relationship with our players? No, because he has never met them.

That is quite literally the fucking definition of starting from scratch.

No one is saying that Pioli is the great manager ever. What people are saying is that he has taken a team that was in an absolutely tailspin and eventually got them playing the best football Milan has played in a decade. It's delusional to think that isn't a significant accomplishment, and that it doesn't make sense to build on that success instead of hitting the restart button.

And again, Rangnick has an almost identical career record to Spalletti, who the majority of this board thinks is not Milan quality. But you guys are so desperate to believe that you'll eat any shit sandwich that Gazidis tries to feed you.

Did Pioli have good relations with the players from the beginning? No.
Can Ralf build good relations with the players? Yes.

Nobody is denying that we are playing very well now but giving Pioli all the credit is a stupidity. There are MANY factors that influenced our results:
Corona break
Empty stadiums
No pressure
Ibrahimovic
Bad form of most teams post corona

What makes you think Pioli will simply start smashing every team next season when none of these factors is present?

This change is not starting from scratch. Starting from scratch would be hiring a coach playing with 3 at the back and wide wingers (3-4-3). Ralf is playing identical football to current Pioli's and many Milan players are exactly Ralf's preferred profile. He will have enough time to work with them if we finish 5th. They will probably have 2 weeks off until 17.08. First game next season is in mid-September. That's enough for Ralf to figure out everything.

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong but I am not going to cry over Pioli.

Last edited:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People hating on Elliot are completely clueless.
They basically saving our asses

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Jeez, people are still crying over average coach just because we had several good games after pause.

This club really deserve another year(s) of mediocrity, one decade wasn't enough for fans as it seems. :lol:

Thankfully Elliot was smarter and Ralf is already done deal. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
People hating on Elliot are completely clueless.
They basically saving our asses

When the FSG group took over Liverpool.

FSG have in 7 yrs largely rectified 20+ years of financial mismanagement.

Not bad owners or toxic, but the club is plodding and uncompetitive.

Done well to stabilize us but they can't and won't compete with the big boys, time to move on

Quotes from Liverpool fans around 2017. Sounds very familiar. . .

Super22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Have a look at our balances and our positions over the last few years. We have been between the 5th to 7th best placed team in Italy. Our club needs to be sustainable before we become European contenders. Our owners are the other issue. No buyer will purchase this club if it's going to be drain on their finances. Our brand image has eroded significantly. There are very few long term aspects that Milan have going for them.

A good scouting department and player development. An able first team etc. These things need to be in place before eilott sells. All these things will cost money. This needs to be funded from somewhere.
Transfer fees and player salaries are the biggest outlay for clubs. It makes sense for them to be funded by player sales as well.

I'm not saying we don't replace these players effectively. You need that. That's why Ragnick is coming in. You replace Theo and Bennacer with the next Theo and Bennacer. These aren't generational talents. They can be replaced at a lower cost. You just have to find those players and develop them.

It's the structure that will sustain once people have left.

It is too early to sell now. milan should develop them further and only sell them in their peak years for huge transfer fees which by that time should have younger players ready to step up.

Just like Inter selling Lautaro Martinez for 100m, if spend wisely 100m can bring 2-3 young, talented players to reinforce the team and potentially sell them for a lot more when they develop.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When the FSG group took over Liverpool.

Quotes from Liverpool fans around 2017. Sounds very familiar. . .

Woooooow. 2017? Seriously? Literally next year they played CL final. This is what competent management does to your team.

Pray to your gods that Ralf gets all the players he needs and they adapt quickly. We are not that far away from being really competitive.

What's with Milan fans wanting to sell Bennacer and Theo? The same guys have been crying for years over how shit the team is. Now, finally, after so many years, we see the light at the end of the tunnel and these guys want to sell our best players :lol::fp:

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Woooooow. 2017? Seriously? Literally next year they played CL final. This is what competent management does to your team.

Pray to your gods that Ralf gets all the players he needs and they adapt quickly. We are not that far away from being really competitive.

Indeed. Club owners are rarely likeable. They are all polarizing figures in regards to club business.

Only.. when the club is winning, fans and owners are together singing.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This is the best team we had since so fucking long & it just reignite my forum passion.
The team is fluid , systematic & with a solid identity.
Pioli has done an impressive job.
But i still want Rangnick & its about the structure that he could provide.
I honestly dont see good players wanting to join Milan next year unless we have Rangnick.
And Pioli , after what he has done with Milan , will be fine & will get a good team next season so its all good.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think its fair to call Rangnick taking over another year zero, this side is probably the best side since 2011?

And I see going from this current style of play to Rangnick as a seamless transition, most of the players match his tactics/approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule