The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan are the best at doing business.

Buy Piatek for €35m and sell him for €27m a year later.
Buy RR for €17m and sell him for €6m 3 years later.
Buy Borini for €6m and lose him for free.
Buy Caldara for €35m and gift him to Atalanta with option to buy.
Anxiously awaiting how much we will take in the teeth with Paqueta.

They should teach this kind of asset management in business schools around the world.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Its interesting to see how we sell RR for 6M, but we have no problem paying around 12M for unknown players like Duarte, Krunic or Gomez.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
The fodder purge is real but there's so much work to be done in the summer...we're also getting Halilović and Laxalt back (I highly doubt Toro would buy him since he doesnt even play much)

Hali was a free transfer, so nothing major there. I think another Serie A team would pick up Laxalt.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
You cant do much worse then Milan even if one tries badly

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Hali was a free transfer, so nothing major there. I think another Serie A team would pick up Laxalt.

I kinda doubt it, noone was interested in Laxalt last summer and he played like 500 minutes in 16 matches this season

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,

They should teach this kind of asset management in business schools around the world.

Has not been good but trying to right the ship.

Caldara was the right move, injuries derailed that and they did not gift him, he's looked terrible in his couple of appearances since returning.

Romagnoli, Bennacer, Theo, Suso, Leao, were all relatively low cost purchases who will or have brought (Suso) profit to the club.

Part of business he getting rid of toxic assets, it is about time that a purge occurred. It is not ideal but it is definitely necessary.

The wages saved on those outgoing players is also something to take into account.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Conti 25M :lol:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Its interesting to see how we sell RR for 6M, but we have no problem paying around 12M for unknown players like Duarte, Krunic or Gomez.

WTF are you talking about?
RR is very well-known, that's why no one will give you more than 6M for him.
How many years ago was Gomez? Why even mention him, why not Bennacer or Leao?
Krunic 8M. Backup player who can play on his position unlike RR

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I kinda doubt it, noone was interested in Laxalt last summer and he played like 500 minutes in 16 matches this season

I just feel like a lower table team, perhaps one that plays a 3-5-2 will take a chance. Borini found a home, I think that Laxalt can as well.

I think he can still be a useful player for a mid-lower level team, given the right setup.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I meant, you could have worded that slightly stronger in regards to RR. You clearly held back.

He isn't worth the ink bro

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Suso, Piatek, Rodriguez.

Some good sales we are making.

I would continue with some others (Conti...) but not much time left this window.

We will sell Calabria instead of Conti probably.

Selling Conti would be a lost or break even when we can make a plus value on Calabria as Milan youth player.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about?
RR is very well-known, that's why no one will give you more than 6M for him.
How many years ago was Gomez? Why even mention him, why not Bennacer or Leao?
Krunic 8M. Backup player who can play on his position unlike RR

Milan would.

Milan would pay 20M for players like RR, they have done and would do it today too.

Thats what I'm talking about.

Leao was like one good transfer out of 10.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
So it continues, having a worthy #9 is not easy.

dbc9cb0dd9a2ac22be653dafa4b213a8.jpg

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We lose money on players because previous managements overpaid for them. Not because we are bad at selling. Mirabelli bought some expensive garbage.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Relinquish Number 9 please

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Relinquish Number 9 please

Yes, have to retire the shirt and make sure CFs take other numbers so they aren't cursed. It's no coincidence Piatek became poor after changing shirt numbers :head:

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan would.

Milan would pay 20M for players like RR, they have done and would do it today too.

Thats what I'm talking about.

Leao was like one good transfer out of 10.

Bennacer, Theo, Suso, Romagnoli (previous eras), Kjaer was a solid deal too and Krunic at that price was as well. Casti plus some money for Bacca, who is finished. Casti seems to be doing very well in his new role.

Getting Rebic for Silva, was that also a bad move? Even selling Cutrone looked to be a decent piece of business as he is already gone from Wolves, selling Locatelli as well.

Not all the relatively recent deals have been bad.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
It would be insanity to end the season with only 1 CF (who's also 38 years old), and 2 SS's when we play with a front 2.

Samu cannot play in the front 2 as shown in the past so unless management are completely writing this season off we must sign a CF option.

RW/RM is also really important and DM/CM in an ideal world. Let's see how it ends up

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It would be insanity to end the season with only 1 CF (who's also 38 years old), and 2 SS's when we play with a front 2.

Samu cannot play in the front 2 as shown in the past so unless management are completely writing this season off we must sign a CF option.

RW/RM is also really important and DM/CM in an ideal world. Let's see how it ends up

Yep, backup LB too. Can't expect to just have Theo there.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
why waste money on replacing piatek? we have leao and ibra with rebic. Find a proper replacement or wait until summer, what we really need is to spend the money on a center mid and a flank/wing player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule