In Milan,Who is the Best player this Season?

Milan4Life

Primavera
Reaction score
seedorf

clarence seedorf has picked it up a lot since he has come to milan. do i think hes the best player this year maybe but crespo took a beating at the beginning of the year for signing him and now hes definately picked it up. of course shevchenko is doing a splendid job as well as kaka.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
hmmm...well i'm going to have to say that our best player this season so far has been shevchenko. the game vs. lazio in rome come to mind....he is our talisman, and if he plays you just know he's going to bail us out with a goal or two. against lazion in the olimpico was just stunning,,down to 10 men, and shev scores two outstanding goals. he's the man. best in europe. i can't wait till he and inzaghi are both together again. as long as we keep our position in serie a and europe now, i think we'll be in with a very big shout when our two top strikers come back.

kaka has been disappointing, i think we all can agree on this. however, this is just part of his learning process. thank god we have guys like shevchenko to pick up the slack when he's off...in a year or two, kaka will be our main go to guy. i don't see any use in taking him off when he's not performing, though. its not like rui costa could do anything better in terms of goalscoring or creating goalscoring opportunities.

pirlo is our playmaker, so if we have a good match its usually down to him. he's been average by his standards this season, although he has played some good games too.

maldini and nesta have been perfect, but then they always are. dida's played really well too.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Seedorf sucked this season! I think Sheva was our best player this season. Do I have to remind anybody that he was crucial in several games and the most important are the ones with Barcelona and Lazio. I'm also very satisfied with Cafu's defensive and offensive effort, and also Dida. I have to say that Dida's season was his best (in my opinion) since he came to Milan. He's proving to be a world class keeper. Hope he keeps it up.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan4Life said:
clarence seedorf has picked it up a lot since he has come to milan. do i think hes the best player this year maybe but crespo took a beating at the beginning of the year for signing him and now hes definately picked it up. of course shevchenko is doing a splendid job as well as kaka.
LOL... vision-impaired ? On hallucinogenics ? Dude, watch a match for a change + then come back to talk :o

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
r3dman said:
Seedorf sucked this season! I think Sheva was our best player this season. Do I have to remind anybody that he was crucial in several games and the most important are the ones with Barcelona and Lazio. I'm also very satisfied with Cafu's defensive and offensive effort, and also Dida. I have to say that Dida's season was his best (in my opinion) since he came to Milan. He's proving to be a world class keeper. Hope he keeps it up.
Yup.. Dida is doing really well and he did too in the last season! Remember that Dida is the goalkeeper in the Player of the Year last year? He deserve to be the best goalkeeper of the year!

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
Vincent Gallo said:
Among the regular starters, hard to find a milan's player who plays at his best, and outshines the others.. except Dida maybe. So i'd say Dhorasoo, who've been the best each time he played...
ja dhosaro and eshjas are my best players for this season

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Shevchenko, of course, and Dida has done a terrific job :)

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
I think the best player has been sheva,most of our goals have been scored by him,he has been simply incredible this season and so also did kudos must be given to him this season.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I would choose : Maldini , Nesta , Dida & Sheva

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Passion for *9* said:
LOL... vision-impaired ? On hallucinogenics ? Dude, watch a match for a change + then come back to talk :o
LMAO. Never renown for the subtle approach. ;)

Anyhow, anyone in their right mind knows Seedorf has been a major disappointment this season, minus the first 2 games of the season (Where he hit Messina for a double and especially the CL match in the Ukraine where he hit the winner in the dying minutes). Crespo? The beneficiary of being surrounded by better talent.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Best player: Shevchenko, no surprise there.

Worst player: Tomasson. I really cannot believe he gets into the milan side, we would be better putting Serginho up front than tomasson, its like playing with 10 men when he plays. Get rid as soon as possible.

Lita

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ALL MILAN PLAYERS...Juninho, Diego, Lugano, Del Piero, Buffon, Cicinho.
Seedorf is a good player so i don't think u should laught at him...of course i think he has not been the best..for me the greatest are Kaka and Dida..Sheva..well..he always is cool.!!!..so fo me..this 3 are the best... :)

Reaction score
don't forget pirlo

shevo,nesta is best .but i can't forget pirlo.i know he is so important when he was out of the match.of course,dida,a real goalkeeper

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Martín Palermo, Diego Armando Maradona, Juan Roman Riquelme
Sheva , Dida, Kaka'

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
pippoinzag}{i said:
Worst player: Tomasson. I really cannot believe he gets into the milan side, we would be better putting Serginho up front than tomasson, its like playing with 10 men when he plays. Get rid as soon as possible.
I agree 100% ! + we need to get Gilardino:)

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
I will choose Dida, Nesta, Maldini, Cafu, Crespo and Sheva.
Our defence is really good. Nesta and Maldini made soooooo many incredible tackles. They are the best in the World.
Cafu has defensed and assisted very well. He created many chances for our strikers.
Dida's reaction to the ball is so accurate and he is very consistent.
Crespo saved us many times.
Sheva, always plays well when he plays. Make chances by himself and to others. Help to defence. A very all-round striker which is rarely seen nowadays.

I also want to praise Carlo. In many situations, his brain always creates the best formation and bring good results.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kakà,Ronaldinho,Baggio,montolivo etc.....
In my point of view Dida deserve d 1st place.....then i think Sheva and Maldini: d endless!!!
I think kakà played better last year than this...but anyway when he attack he's very fast and dangerous 4 his challengers! ;)
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thereeeeeeee

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
I think Kaka play's more great passes this season and he leads the assists table in Italy.He scores not so much goals,but that is not his first job,he is not a striker.
I don't think he played so much better last season.

Last edited:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Question, not exactly on this subject but not worthy of a new thread:

Do you think Cafu has been better this year or last?

This year it seems to me that quite often when he gets into a good position on the right he seems to over or under hit his crosses. Except against Man U of course ;)

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
pippoinzag}{i said:
Question, not exactly on this subject but not worthy of a new thread:

Do you think Cafu has been better this year or last?

This year it seems to me that quite often when he gets into a good position on the right he seems to over or under hit his crosses. Except against Man U of course ;)
Err.. I don't really sure but I think Cafu's cross is still good.. I still remember some goals scored by Sheva from his crosses..

sboudefar

Primavera
Reaction score
All the players are good!unless JDT:)
I hope to see sheva quickly return to the first squad.

Milan4Life

Primavera
Reaction score
LOL... vision-impaired ? On hallucinogenics ? Dude, watch a match for a change + then come back to talk .......

so sorry to make you so angry passion, i dont see how you can rip apart seedorf atleast he can play, unlike inzaghi who is injured every year!!!! he barely plays and is overrated and deserves to be transferred and is no longer milan material. so dont rag on seedorf when your favortie player comes back from an injury and 2 weeks later is injured again.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
r3dman said:
I agree 100% ! + we need to get Gilardino:)

yes gilardino would be awesome! But im not sure if selling tomasson would be a good idea. I mean not many people are happy to be on the bench. They would probably whine like ambro :) So if others are willing to fight for their places and come on as a sub then its ok i guess :)

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
yes gilardino would be awesome! But im not sure if selling tomasson would be a good idea. I mean not many people are happy to be on the bench. They would probably whine like ambro :) So if others are willing to fight for their places and come on as a sub then its ok i guess :)
Yup.. Actually it is a little bit rare that a national team player feels ok for not being the first team member and I think if we did release him, we need another striker with the same or better quality.. Btw, what do you guys think, which one is better Borrielo or Jon?

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
The best player has of this current campaign has probably been Dida or Nesta. Shevchenko has also been impressive.

As usual Donnie, you hit the nail right on the head. Couldn't agree more. However, in the past 6 weeks or so, Crespo has been doing a damned good job of ensuring we get 3 points every week and keep up with Juve.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Cescania said:
I will choose Dida, Nesta, Maldini, Cafu, Crespo and Sheva.
Our defence is really good. Nesta and Maldini made soooooo many incredible tackles. They are the best in the World.
Cafu has defensed and assisted very well. He created many chances for our strikers.
Dida's reaction to the ball is so accurate and he is very consistent.
Crespo saved us many times.
Sheva, always plays well when he plays. Make chances by himself and to others. Help to defence. A very all-round striker which is rarely seen nowadays.

I also want to praise Carlo. In many situations, his brain always creates the best formation and bring good results.

good selection! agreed! :)

Rygaar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I can't pinpoint a single player who has been better than all the rest. I think Dida, Nesta, Maldini, Cafu, Shevchenko, Kaka and Crespo stand out. The sheer fact that I can't trim it down to less than seven players is testament to how well the team has performed as a whole. I don't think Kaka has been disappointing at all. I think the bar has just been raised so much after the way he stunned the world last year, but he is still performing well notwithstanding some errors here and there.

Unlike most of you it seems, I think Tomasson provides plenty of quality for a striker of last resort. We'd be lucky to find a better striker who is as loyal to Milan even though he gets so few chances to play in big games. Anyway, I'd rather have him than Borrielo.

Anybody know what Nicola Pozzi has done this year if anything?

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just think that the problem if most of you want to get rid of Jon is you need another striker.. Borrielo? I don't think that he is a great striker and his quality is still below Jons. Pozzi? I don't know much about him, but we can't judge him based on his loan spell since he is loaned out to Napoli, in Serie C.

Schedule