All About Movies

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
MaGasTeR said:
Not quite.

I agree. But I liked the sequel. It wasn't dissapointing. Saw 1 was so fuckin' brilliant, and much more scary than the sequel though.

Olly126

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*sheva* *Kaka* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Pirlo*
Has anyone seen a film called 'the Hitch' with Will Smith? if u like comedies u have to see this its hilarious!! :cool:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Olly126 said:
Has anyone seen a film called 'the Hitch' with Will Smith? if u like comedies u have to see this its hilarious!! :cool:

Yup, it's nice! :)

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
besikaka said:
Harry Potter ? You most be kiding .. thats movie for kids ...
maybe i am still a kid! hahaha! i loved the movie. though not really as nice as the book. emma watson is so pretty! :)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Goal - 7/10
Green Street Hooligans - 8/10
The Doors - 10/10

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Harry Potter movies are not just for kids (definitely not the last two, anyway). I'm almost 30 and I can't get enough of both the movies and the books.

Adults make up for 40% of the HP book-buying audience. :)

*forza kaka*

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cafu kaka sheva pirlo
one uf my fav movies is phone booth and last samurai its ultra-violent lol

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
MaGasTeR said:
The Doors - 10/10

You mean the Oliver Stone movie starring van kilmer? Man, this film rocks! One of my favorite line: teenage girls want my dick, not my lyrics :D

BTW, have anybody seen the movie Event Horizon, released ca 1997/98? One of my scariest movies ive seen.

Rex

Reaction score
Hmmm I just watched both great films i.e Heat and Raging Bull last night. It's nice when seeing two Academy Award winner, both De Niro and Pacino collide, it's touching to see in last credit De Niro grabs Pacino's hand which the wounded man refrains never come back. Oh I love seeing Ashley Judd, she's gorgeous and hot in that movie. ;)

Regarding Raging Bull, how can a successful fighter be so jealousy and complexion that earns him bad tempered to his family ? Cathy Moriarty (If I'm not mistaken her name as supporting actress plays Vickie La Motta ) plays good in role. The answer implies that's why La Motta still loves his ex-wife though he moves life on by himself after resigning from boxing life. :)

Up next, I will watch other good and great movies. :D ;)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Yesterday I watched the movie : " Coach Carter " : with Samuel L. Jackson .. damn what a good movie.. I liked specially the end.. becouse everyone in the end wins .. but this time it was opposite.. they lost .. but won something else.. going to university! ... Samuel L. Jackon rocks really!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
"9 rota"-russian war movie gets 10/10.
saving private ryan and other hollywood is a sissy compared to that.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Have any of you seen "Shutter". It's a great horror movie done in Hong Kong.
One of the greatest if you ask me.

Also if you like very brutal movies, I recomend "The Devil's Rejects". It's really violent and full of blood. :devil2:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
r3dman said:
Have any of you seen "Shutter". It's a great horror movie done in Hong Kong.
One of the greatest if you ask me.

Small correction, Shutter is a Thailand movie. And you're right, it's so very scary. I bought the DVD after the seller told me about the flic and he said not to watch it alone. Thinking that I've seen it all and no movie can scare me (not to mention my male ego), i bought it and watched it at 2 AM! :rolleyes: It was so scary that in some scenes I had to mute the sound :D

And to make the movie more memorable for me, I watched it again on my laptop and the disc got stuck. I had to go to the dealer to fix it.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rex said:
Hmmm I just watched both great films i.e Heat and Raging Bull last night. It's nice when seeing two Academy Award winner, both De Niro and Pacino collide

I love heat. Probably watched the movie 20 times, 3 times on its opening week. Had the VHS, VCD, Laser Disc and DVD version :D People been mussing about when De Niro and Pacino going to size up in the screen but when it happenned, it was less than 5 minutes in a lousy coffee shop :rolleyes:

My favorite line : "You don't put anything in your life you can't walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot heat around the corner"

Rex, small suggestion, watch De Niro in Mean Streets. He was still young then but you can see he's going to be big. And maybe the special edition of the Godfather DVD, you could see De Niro making a screen test for the role of Sonny Corleone (Al Pacino's brother in the movie). He didn't get the part but based on that screen test, Coppola cast De Niro to play the young Vito Corleone in Godfather 2 which eventually won De Niro his 1st Oscar.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
gaizka22 said:
Small correction, Shutter is a Thailand movie. And you're right, it's so very scary. I bought the DVD after the seller told me about the flic and he said not to watch it alone. Thinking that I've seen it all and no movie can scare me (not to mention my male ego), i bought it and watched it at 2 AM! :rolleyes: It was so scary that in some scenes I had to mute the sound :D

And to make the movie more memorable for me, I watched it again on my laptop and the disc got stuck. I had to go to the dealer to fix it.

Yeah, the yelling was terrific in that movie. I have to say I'm preety impressed by asian horror/thrillers lately. Starting from Ringu, Jian Gui, Ju-On, Red Eye to many others I've seen lately. They're much better than most of the ameriacan ones. In the american ones you always have drunk stupid teenagers which take a shortcut through the woods when diriving to somewhere, and they get to a creepy house, in which of course they enter. There they usually annoy some Texas (or southern) family which then kills them with the chainsaw. :D Not that I don't like these as well. ;)

Rex

Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
I love heat. Probably watched the movie 20 times, 3 times on its opening week. Had the VHS, VCD, Laser Disc and DVD version :D People been mussing about when De Niro and Pacino going to size up in the screen but when it happenned, it was less than 5 minutes in a lousy coffee shop :rolleyes:

My favorite line : "You don't put anything in your life you can't walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot heat around the corner"

Rex, small suggestion, watch De Niro in Mean Streets. He was still young then but you can see he's going to be big. And maybe the special edition of the Godfather DVD, you could see De Niro making a screen test for the role of Sonny Corleone (Al Pacino's brother in the movie). He didn't get the part but based on that screen test, Coppola cast De Niro to play the young Vito Corleone in Godfather 2 which eventually won De Niro his 1st Oscar.

I had only DVD version. :D

I like when Pacino tells De Niro with firm remarks :......."You are going down". De Niro reacts calm and has no worry of any under circumstances of what will happen. The line of "I am never come back" refirms he unshakens till the end.

I love another's De Niro movie such as Ronin. But both either Cape Fear and Taxi Driver get my credit onto it. Something special which get planted into his coloured character to plays the role. A Psychophat and A Freedom warrior of his own dream. About Mean Streets, I look forward to getting in local movie store. :D

Speaking of Horror, there was a synopsis I read in my local newspaper that Hollywood has just released the sadistic terms that lead the movie would have been box-office into hardcore horror genre. It's entitled "HOSTEL". Written & Directed by Eli Roth, Presented by Quentin Tarantino is a mixture of many of the most terrifying about human nature and the world at large, culled from many impossible-but-true stories of human trafficking, international organized crime, and sex tourism.

Someone here who has just already watched that movie, let us know your opinion on it. ;)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
gaizka22 said:
You mean the Oliver Stone movie starring van kilmer? Man, this film rocks! One of my favorite line: teenage girls want my dick, not my lyrics :D
Yes, with Val Kilmer. He was absolutely brilliant and masterly. I'm a little disappointed that the movie focuses only on Jim Morrison and not the band.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaGasTeR said:
Yes, with Val Kilmer. He was absolutely brilliant and masterly. I'm a little disappointed that the movie focuses only on Jim Morrison and not the band.

Maybe because the movie was based from the book "No One Gets out Here Alive" by the late Danny Sugerman which focused on Jim. If not mistaken, as a teenager Danny Sugerman used to hang around in the studio where the Doors were recording and eventually got friendly with them even after Jim's dead. He then went on to become sort of like official spokesman for the Doors. Have u read it? Very good book.

BTW, did u know that John Densmore (the Doors' drummer) was in the movie? He made a very brief appearance at the beginning of the movie.

Last edited:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Has anyone seen open water? That has got to be the worst film ever made.

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
pippoinzag}{i said:
I don't think so...What's it about? Who plays in it?

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
pippoinzag}{i said:

If you mean DarkWater than yeah! It is certainly bad. Not the worst film ever, but it is kinda weak. I mean the american version. The japanese version is really ok.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
r3dman said:
If you mean DarkWater than yeah! It is certainly bad. Not the worst film ever, but it is kinda weak. I mean the american version. The japanese version is really ok.
Nah it's called open water. In england it is anyway. It's about a couple of people who go scuba diving and the boat leaves them behind and they get eaten by sharks. Crap storyline, crap acting, crap production, and it's boring

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
pippoinzag}{i said:
Nah it's called open water. In england it is anyway. It's about a couple of people who go scuba diving and the boat leaves them behind and they get eaten by sharks. Crap storyline, crap acting, crap production, and it's boring

Ah, ok. Found it.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374102/
I haven't seen it. Now I have to. :tongue:

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
pippoinzag}{i said:
Nah, haven't seen it...I prefer deep blue sea :D

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
pippoinzag}{i said:
Yeh thats it. How pathetic they gave it 6 out of 10 lmao

Not that I don't believe you, but you made me curious, I've got to see it.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
I guess it might be worth it just to see how crap you can make a film

So what's your favourite film? Mine is either from Die Hard, Terminator 2, Predator or Duel all awesome films

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
pippoinzag}{i said:
I guess it might be worth it just to see how crap you can make a film

So what's your favourite film? Mine is either from Die Hard, Terminator 2, Predator or Duel all awesome films

the movies for which I voted 10 on Imdb are:

Pulp Fiction
The Rock
LotR: The Two Towers
Star Wars ep 3
Star Wars ep 6

I just love all these movies. If I were to choose, then Pulp Fiction would be the one, cause it's more complete and smart than the others.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
pippoinzag}{i said:
I like the Rock that's a very good film

Yeah, Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery are really great actors. Also the music is great in that movie.

Schedule