Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
and Mexico could have levelled it there, awful first touch from Pachecho :fp:

Best game of the tournament so far, I hope Chile win the entire thing in fact.

FINALLY the Copa America has started! good win Chile!

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
South American hospitality... The invitees are the only ones that lost.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Vidalllllll MOTM despite his five mins lapse of concentration.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
best thing about Chile is that there is bound to be goals

next match vs Uruguay :eek:

MOTM-Contreras ..2 vital blocks ..on Gio(1st half) and Pacheco ( atleast I think it was Contreras )

Last edited:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
I'm not one to follow football news regularly, so I actually haven't a clue why the senior team was not there.

Could anyone explain what is going on with my nation's team? :D

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not one to follow football news regularly, so I actually haven't a clue why the senior team was not there.

They just won the Gold Cup. I guess they didn't have the motivaton and fitness for Copa America.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
I see. I heard something about doping, but if that is the case, then the loss is fully deserved.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see. I heard something about doping, but if that is the case, then the loss is fully deserved.

Oh yeah, that too.

But players like Hernandez/Chicharito hasn't been accused of doping. He wanted to get some rest after a long season.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
They just won the Gold Cup. I guess they didn't have the motivaton and fitness for Copa America.

i think since they are in CONCACAF and not CONMEBOL so they are only allowed to bring their U-23 team plus 5 over players

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Lol. I think Concacaf in order to make sure they were going to have the senior Mexico team in the Gold Cup obligated them to use a U-22 + 5 system. In the case of guys like Chicharito european clubs were just willing to loan them for 1 tournament...now eventhough I know Mexico would rather show off in Conmebol to show that they truely belong there, truth of the matter winning the Copa America doesn't grant them anything (and no they're not gonna get to be part of Conmebol), winning the Gold Cup gives them the chance to play the Confederation Cup, so hey better to get Chicharito + the best ones for the Gold Cup.

Then you had the 5 doping case, but that was for the Gold Cup, there was apparently nothing done by your federation. There was a scandal involving 8 players of the Copa America team (they brought some hookers on to the hotel, and that goes against the ethics of the NT), dunno what happened with those, I think they're out.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Chile vs Mexico was the best in a dull tournament so far. Not really supporting any team but maybe Brazil coz of Pato or maybe Chile coz their football is fun to watch. Thank god Neo Sports is showing it.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
What happened with Neymar? Watching some clip on youtube cant tell what happened

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
1942403-6227-atm14.jpg

1942405-8284-atm14.jpg

1942408-8376-atm14.jpg

1942409-3953-atm14.jpg

1942412-9828-atm14.jpg

1942417-2993-atm14.jpg

chubby larissa riquelme

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
More of her to love I say. :D

Also, requesting uncensored pics. ;)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I wonder what argentina will use today.

I'd say Aguero--Messi--Di Maria but it really doesn't matter. Tevez and LAvezzi are capable, they just had an off day. Sadly they got no real answers for midfield/defensive dilemna

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wonder what argentina will use today.

I'd say Aguero--Messi--Di Maria but it really doesn't matter. Tevez and LAvezzi are capable, they just had an off day. Sadly they got no real answers for midfield/defensive dilemna

Batista is sticking to almost the same line up.

Last i read off a good source on Twitter is that the front trio will be given another chance. The only change will be Zabaleta incoming at RB and Zanetti switching to LB with Rojo dropping to the bench.

Argentina's starting Xi vs Colombia (4-3-3): Romero; Zabaleta, Milito, Burdisso, Zanetti; Mascherano, Cambiasso, Banega; Lavezzi, Messi, Tevez.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i still think i'd consider dropping mascerano to CB, lol.

i mean he started at it over milito. And use biglia in midfield to help retain more posession and add more creativity going forward.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i still think i'd consider dropping mascerano to CB, lol.

i mean he started at it over milito. And use biglia in midfield to help retain more posession and add more creativity going forward.

Hmm, good possibility but i think i could leave it the way it was and just change Lavezzi for Di Maria. He made quite a bit on different on the wing. Lavezzi was god damn awful, i still dont know how he got 70 mins on the pitch.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hmm, good possibility but i think i could leave it the way it was and just change Lavezzi for Di Maria. He made quite a bit on different on the wing. Lavezzi was god damn awful, i still dont know how he got 70 mins on the pitch.

lavezzi has generally been awesome with Messi though. Over last year + they've had best understanding/chemistry of all argentina's attackers.

So yeah he was VERY poor, but I get it.

Di Maria also has some of best potential to turn a game, so leaving him on bench isn't necessarily bad. But I'd assume this is lavezzi's last chance

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lavezzi has generally been awesome with Messi though. Over last year + they've had best understanding/chemistry of all argentina's attackers.

So yeah he was VERY poor, but I get it.

Di Maria also has some of best potential to turn a game, so leaving him on bench isn't necessarily bad. But I'd assume this is lavezzi's last chance

Problem with Di Maria's introduction to the game would be that he wont have a target man in the box waiting for his crosses [Higuain or Milito] so most would have to be on the ground on a cutback.

I think thats why Lavezzi is preferred, to accommodate Messi at CF and as u mentioned they have great chem/understanding.

Yeah this is ost certainly Tevez and Lavezzi last chance.

Im looking forward to Falcao vs that weak defense, Guarin + Moreno vs Zanetti and Messi vs Yepes/Perea.

Messi's on a 13 match goal-drought with Argentina and i feel that in this match he has a good chance of breaking it.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Problem with Di Maria's introduction to the game would be that he wont have a target man in the box waiting for his crosses [Higuain or Milito] so most would have to be on the ground on a cutback.

I think thats why Lavezzi is preferred, to accommodate Messi at CF and as u mentioned they have great chem/understanding.

Yeah this is ost certainly Tevez and Lavezzi last chance.

Im looking forward to Falcao vs that weak defense, Guarin + Moreno vs Zanetti and Messi vs Yepes/Perea.

Messi's on a 13 match goal-drought with Argentina and i feel that in this match he has a good chance of breaking it.

i didnt; mind messi's play at CF at all. All the best chances came from him.

problem is, unlike barca where villa/pedro know how to cut off wing and shoot, tevez looked uncomfortable. Lavezzi did not but he was off

aguero might be a better bet.

That or going to a 4-4-2 and using messi + tevez/higuain

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i didnt; mind messi's play at CF at all. All the best chances came from him.

problem is, unlike barca where villa/pedro know how to cut off wing and shoot, tevez looked uncomfortable. Lavezzi did not but he was off

aguero might be a better bet.

That or going to a 4-4-2 and using messi + tevez/higuain

I didnt mind him as well, all i meant to say it that Lavezzi is better suited for Messi instead of Di Maria.

Could be that against Colombia that duo does well.

442 would be better suited for their personnel but imo i see the 4321 a better, play Messi and Lavezi behind Higuain and that could be explosive. As it is Messi and Lavezzi come pretty deep to collect so they will have a free role and Higuain can be uptop on his own waiting for his chance to pounce.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Yepes to phuck Argentina up! :cool:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I didnt mind him as well, all i meant to say it that Lavezzi is better suited for Messi instead of Di Maria.

Could be that against Colombia that duo does well.

442 would be better suited for their personnel but imo i see the 4321 a better, play Messi and Lavezi behind Higuain and that could be explosive. As it is Messi and Lavezzi come pretty deep to collect so they will have a free role and Higuain can be uptop on his own waiting for his chance to pounce.

the problem with messi deep is same problem you saw in world cup. He doesn't get into goalscoring positions as much, and he is the most clinical player on argentina, potentially in the world.

the only problem with a 4-4-2 is di maria is a natural midfield winger, but who plays otherside? Lavezzi is still more of a forward.

Schedule