Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
This thread is dedicated for all ex-Milan players. This can be applied to retired players or those already leaving Milan and currently play in different clubs. I'm not gonna merge threads on Desailly, Baggio or Sheva since they seemed to have a live on their own.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Well Sheva's massaging Abramovic's balls on a frequent basis.

Rex

Reaction score
Ibrahim Ba - no idea where his current trail is. Last reported his contract was terminated by Swedish's Djurgardens IF and subsequently left the club in Januari 2006.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Ayala - currently contributing to the tightest of defences in Spain with Valencia.

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Kороль said:
Ayala - currently contributing to the tightest of defences in Spain with Valencia.

Ayala vs Ronaldo!

Ayala%20&%20Ronaldo.jpg

do you remeber this match?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
San Paolo said:
Well Sheva's massaging Abramovic's balls on a frequent basis.
and rest of the time he is telling his kids how much he loves them....IN ENGLISH :eek:

anyway i'm wondering how rui costa is doin? anyone?
he left in the middle of the shevchenko fuzz and well i never found out how he is doing and to be honest i dont even remember the club he moved to.... :o

so anyone following him or knows what he is up 2?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
crazymilangirl said:
and rest of the time he is telling his kids how much he loves them....IN ENGLISH :eek:

anyway i'm wondering how rui costa is doin? anyone?
he left in the middle of the shevchenko fuzz and well i never found out how he is doing and to be honest i dont even remember the club he moved to.... :o

so anyone following him or knows what he is up 2?
Rui moved to Benfica, his hometown club, tha the hes supported ever since he started following football.
He had a good start to the season, (scored in CL), but ended up with a knee ligement injury (i think) and missed most of the season. I think hes back now, but will not be a major factor in Benfica's season.
A pity - he was one of the most elegant and beautiful players to watch.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
^^ fanx mate, that sounds awful!! ah well, as long as he is happy i guess, fanx anyways for replyin :)

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
radioactivenerd said:
Rui moved to Benfica, his hometown club, tha the hes supported ever since he started following football.
He had a good start to the season, (scored in CL), but ended up with a knee ligement injury (i think) and missed most of the season. I think hes back now, but will not be a major factor in Benfica's season.
A pity - he was one of the most elegant and beautiful players to watch.
Yeah Rui was superb, i just have his poster and shirt put up in my room.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Two nights ago, FSC showed a closeup of Rui smiling in the dugout during Benfica-Porto highlights. That was pretty neat.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
BMWTaylor said:
Two nights ago, FSC showed a closeup of Rui smiling in the dugout during Benfica-Porto highlights. That was pretty neat.
Rui was captaining the side for some time too na??

And yeah whats up with Rivera , Papin , and Baggio??

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
BMWTaylor said:

Yup. I think he had just returned from injury

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Speaking of Ayala, he just had a phenomenal game agaisnt Chelsea. Was beaten for the goal, but pulled out a colossal late-match performance. Fantastic headers, good clearances. We should never have allowed him to leave. And by 'we' I mean Valencia. He really wasnt a patch of the player he is today when he was with us. not sure why, but hes definitely doing well.

On another note, yes Rui was captain. I hate the fact that I hardly saw him play at his best. While at Fiorentina, i could never see a game of theirs, and just saw him for a brief stint before kaka came over. Every time he scored though, every pass, every game was just elegant and a joy to watch. Best part of the Golden Generation, MUCH better than Figo IMHO. ;)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
We miss Rui.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
ZD_Banana said:
And yeah whats up with Rivera , Papin , and Baggio??
If not mistaken Rivera was in the parliament or was. I believe Papin moved too Bayern after his stint with Milan. A couple of years ago I remember there was a soccer game in honor if him. It was played in the Olympique Marseille's stadium (Velodrome?).

As for Baggio, we have a thread dedicated for him somewhere under Football in the forum. Pls check in out or even better, contribute something to it (can be in this thread or there :))

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
chuel said:
i think baggio is coaching pirlo privately for free kicks?

http://www.robertobaggio.com/en/
Baggio hapenned to be one of Pirlo's idol. Pirlo was delighted when Inter loaned him to Brescia (season 00/01 if not mistaken). Baggio taught him a lot of things about freekick.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:

yeah, it's great to see him happy with his home team. I remember reading that after he left benfica, he had a friendly against them and scored. Instead of celebrating, he started crying because that was the worst goal of his career.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui Costa is desperate for Benfica to reach the semi finals of the UEFA Cup so that he can help lead the club to glory in Europe after a frustrating return.
Rui Costa Making Up For Los Time
zoom - galleria

The 35-year-old returned to his former club last summer after more than a decade in Italy with Fiorentina and AC Milan, but has had an injury-hit first season.

After dropping out of the Champions League, Benfica now meet one of this season's surprise packages in Espanyol and Costa is keen to make up for lost time.

"I am recovering as fast as I can but I am still looking to find my rhythm," he said.

"If we can pass this round and reach the semi-final I will have more time to recover and find my best form.

"That will allow me to help the team and hopefully we can go all the way and reach the final in Glasgow."

The thigh injury that has limited his appearances for As Águias, but he is ready to do what he can for the cause on Thursday evening.

"I am still not feeling 100 per cent fit and it's very difficult for players my age to recover from the injuries I have had," Costa continued.
"It would be stupid to say I can play the whole 90 minutes but I won't shirk my responsibilities.

"I will do my best to help the team, whether that is from the start or coming off the bench we will have to wait and see."

Costa admitted that he was impressed with Espanyol and knows that it will be a tough encounter in Barcelona.

"We know that Espanyol are a good team and that they have a lot of quality in attack," he added.

"Iván de la Peña is their best player in midfield - everything goes through him and we will have to be careful when we don't have the ball.

"We will try to get a positive result here in Barcelona which will hopefully give us a chance to progress to the semi-finals in front of our own fans in Lisbon."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: Forza Rui.
Lets hope Benfica can pull it off. Rui with a goal hopefully

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I certainly DON'T miss Rui Costa. He was never great @ Milan + went downhill quickly 2003. Our domestical slump starting in January 03, after we had been dominating Serie A until then, not only coincided with Rui's rapid loss of form but was more or less a consequence of it.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
One of our all time greatest, Dejan 'Il Genio' Savicevic is the president of the Montenegrian FA.

---

Rui Costa never delivered what was expected from him during his stint at San Siro. Just like Redondo, Rivaldo and Vieri. Let's hope we'll keep Ronaldo out of this list :rolleyes:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Passion for *9* said:
I certainly DON'T miss Rui Costa. He was never great @ Milan + went downhill quickly 2003. Our domestical slump starting in January 03, after we had been dominating Serie A until then, not only coincided with Rui's rapid loss of form but was more or less a consequence of it.

Yeah, it was a pity that he only deliver the goods for like 2 match per season after that. Specially considering all the harm he caused us while at Fiorentina (particularly I remember the 4-0, or 5-0, or something like that back in 2001).

Vieri went to the game vs Bayern last Tuesday, and is starting his training with Atalanta (I saw him in Domenica Sportiva 2 weeks ago).

Ba went to Malta with the team back in January :star:.

Guly was playing at some club in Argentina, but I forgot the team.

There was a nice interview posted in the italian forum with Savicevic like a week ago, I'll try to translate it and post it later (later could be in some months).

Coco was suposed to be in some middle club in Serie A or a team in Serie B...or partying.

Now, whatever happened with Federico Giunti?

{{{sheva}}}

Milanista Forever
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf
Velez Mostar said:
One of our all time greatest, Dejan 'Il Genio' Savicevic is the president of the Montenegrian FA.

---

Rui Costa never delivered what was expected from him during his stint at San Siro. Just like Redondo, Rivaldo and Vieri. Let's hope we'll keep Ronaldo out of this list :rolleyes:

Savicevic what a fantastic player. Love him. What is Boban doing?? I thought he was playing a role as club president or something??

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
Ba went to Malta with the team back in January :star:.
Our .... LEGEND :proud: How heartless of Milan to ship him to Varese (Serie C2) to continue 'training' :rolleyes:

;)

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, C.Ronaldo, Oddo, Gourcuff

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anybody could tell me what happenned to 'forgettable' ex players such as Ummit Davalla and Cosmin Contra? And who's that ex Alavez striker that we had in the 00/01 or 01/02 season?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marcus said:
Gianni Comandini, the striker who scored two goals in the 6-0 trashing of Inter? He's now enjoying the retired life at 29 years old (yes, 29, he retired early). He's playing, but for an amateur side in his hometown of Cesena.
What a waste of talent. For me he's the only player who had desecrated the sacred number 9 jersey in the last 20 years. We had Virdis, Van Basten, Papin, Weah and Pippo before and after him and he is at least 2 level below them in terms of skill.

And I remember we paid a lot of money to bring him over from Atalanta in season 00/01. It was the time when world transfer market went crazy after Real Madrid broke the transfer record to bring Figo from Barca only days after Lazio did it to bring Gaizka Mendieta from Valencia.

Last edited:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
Guly was playing at some club in Argentina, but I forgot the team.
He's in Boca Junior, but I don't know whether he's a regular starter there. But look at the bright side: we traded him to Inter for Pirlo :D

crazy4milan said:
Coco was suposed to be in some middle club in Serie A or a team in Serie B...or partying.
Wasn't he at Livorno last season?

crazy4milan said:
Now, whatever happened with Federico Giunti?
The last time I saw him, he was with Chievo. He never really cut it in Milan. I remember he and Pierre Luigi Orlandini (along with Gattuso and Ambrosini) was supposed to be the backbone of Milan after winning the 98/99 scudetto.

Sorry for not making all my 3 posts above into 1 post. Could've done it but I saw one post then replied, then saw another and replied. Thank god the post count is gone so I couldn't be accused of padding my numbers :D