Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka.
madtherchot said:
One of the bbc presenters (forgot his name) claimed he was the best player this WC ... even better than the immortal Canna. We chould play him in the same position as Lippi did this season.

Hansen, O'Neil, Linekar, Dixon, Lawrenson??? Any of those???

I would agree with what you said - he is a superb player does nothing spectacular but he does a very efficient and effective job and always gives 100%.

I read somewhere that he was going to recieve the highest award from his home town!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
RossoneriScot said:
Hansen, O'Neil, Linekar, Dixon, Lawrenson??? Any of those???

the guy with the glasses. Proclaimed Gattuso was his new hero. Don't remember his name but Linekar and Alan S. were also in the show. I think it was right before the WC final though I'm not sure ... have to check my downloads :)

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka.
madtherchot said:
the guy with the glasses. Proclaimed Gattuso was his new hero. Don't remember his name but Linekar and Alan S. were also in the show. I think it was right before the WC final though I'm not sure ... have to check my downloads :)

Martin O'neil has specs - hes a very eccentric ulsterman and used to manage Glasgow Celtic!

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
How do you know he really signed it, just because some piece of paper with a sky emblem sais so?

BoredGame

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ACM
my favourite milan player, his skill is not that impressive, but his defending technique is adorable

milanslalu

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
baresi, tasotti, van basten, kaka, nesta, gattuso, maldini, pirlo, inzaghi,
AC Milan midfielder Rino Gattuso admits he's thought seriously about moving abroad.

The World Cup winner said: "For some time I have had thoughts to have a new experience abroad, but as the years pass it becomes more and more difficult for me to leave Milan.

"At this point, I hope to remain here until the end of my career."

tribalfootball.com

Good decision...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Karzum said:

tribalfootball.com

Good decision...
Don't get too attached. The stress is on "At this point" and "I hope";)

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Karzum said:
AC Milan midfielder Rino Gattuso admits he's thought seriously about moving abroad.

The World Cup winner said: "For some time I have had thoughts to have a new experience abroad, but as the years pass it becomes more and more difficult for me to leave Milan.

tribalfootball.com

Good decision...
if he wud have , then he wud have rushed out n denied the Manu rumours with full force

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
GATTUSO: ’Livid at not winning’
9/3/2006
NAPLES - Rino Gattuso had this to say after Italy’s home draw with Lithuania: ’I am livid we didn’t win. We want to win for our new coach. We have to lift our heads and the away game at France is decisive. Anyway, we won’t be afraid.’

acmilan.com

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
GATTUSO TO MAKE 300TH APPEARANCE

LENS - Rino Gattuso will place his 300th game for Milan this evening. The midfielder has been handed the captain's armband. Rino made his debut for the club in the Champions League game at Chelsea in September 1999.

acmilan.com

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
DugiNesta said:
GATTUSO TO MAKE 300TH APPEARANCE

LENS - Rino Gattuso will place his 300th game for Milan this evening. The midfielder has been handed the captain's armband. Rino made his debut for the club in the Champions League game at Chelsea in September 1999.

acmilan.com

Congratulations Gattuso.
Come on, make the next 300 for milan. ;)

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna
Rino Gattuso celebrated his 300th official game for Milan in Tuesday's Champions League game against Lille. It was a special evening for the midfielder, who has given so much to this side. Over the years, Gattuso has covered every blade of grass, won countless tackles, given his all and captured the hearts of Rossoneri fans around the world.

In a neat twist of fate, Rino also made his Milan debut in the Champions League on September 15, 1999 against Chelsea and Gattuso has only improved with time. The number 8 (picked by him because it is the infinity sign) continues to improve his technique and skill with every passing season. Fresh from a World Cup-winning victory with the Azzurri and with plenty of Milan trophies under his belt, Gattuso just cannot be stopped.

As of now he has played in 206 league games, 76 in various international competitions and 18 Italian Cups. His goals, although few in number, have never been the run-of-the-mill kind. Just like Gattuso himself, an exceptional man and player, who celebrated this latest achievement by getting a tattoo of all the trophies he has won… as if anyone could ever forget.

GATTUSO’S HONOURS

- 1 WORLD CUP 2006

- 1 Italian League title (2003/2004)

- 1 Champions League (2002/2003)

- 1 European Super Cup (2003/2004)

- 1 Italian Cup (2002/2003)

- 1 Italian Super Cup (2004/2005)

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Congratulations Rino, hope you keep up the great performances.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
RINO is the best, i hope he will remain with milan until the end of his career

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanissimo said:
RINO is the best, i hope he will remain with milan until the end of his career

and should be captain when maldini is't playing

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
galliani promised him that he is next captain :star:

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gennaro Gattuso has urged his Italy teammates to remind Europe they are world champions.

The Azzurri have been struggling in their Euro 2008 qualifying group under new Coach Roberto Donadoni. "Our position in the group worries us, but we are eager to prove that we are world champions and deserved the title in July," said the Milan midfielder. "We have the chance to make up for the previous matches and we know we can do well. Donadoni is training us to fight for 90 minutes and that is what we will do. Ukraine are a strong side but we have already defeated them in the World Cup." After the draw with Lithuania and the defeat to France in the World Cup Final rematch things have not started well for the Nazionale.

Gattuso also spoke of the manner in which the team's fortunes have been turned upside down since the summer victory. "What impressed me is that the Berlin victory was so quickly forgotten - the only thing that matters in football are the three points," he said. "After the draw with Lithuania we were criticised for our performance, but I think we played well. We all have faith in our new Coach and want to do well." Italy face Ukraine at Rome's Stadio Olimpico at the weekend before travelling to Georgia on Wednesday.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
GATTUSO: ‘Victory is dedicated to Donadoni’

Rino Gattuso spoke after Italy’s Euro2008 qualifying victory over Ukraine: ‘The victory is dedicated to Donadoni, he deserves everyone’s confidence. It would have been difficult for anyone to take the national side after what we did in the World Cup.’

acmilan.com

Forza Rino :star:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DugiNesta said:
GATTUSO: ‘Victory is dedicated to Donadoni’

Rino Gattuso spoke after Italy’s Euro2008 qualifying victory over Ukraine: ‘The victory is dedicated to Donadoni, he deserves everyone’s confidence. It would have been difficult for anyone to take the national side after what we did in the World Cup.’

acmilan.com

Forza Rino :star:
How can you not love a guy who jokingly threatens to slug the coach before the match? :)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Gattuso: I want to throttle Don! Saturday 7 October, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gennaro Gattuso has used his customary humour to dissect the Inter wiretapping scandal, Francesco Totti’s hiatus and why he hopes to slap Roberto Donadoni’s face!

“What do I say to Donadoni? I hope he ends up the same way as Marcello Lippi, when I grabbed him by the neck and shouted right in his face. That’ll mean we’ve had a great game and scored plenty of goals!”

The fiery Milan midfielder became a hero during the World Cup for his performances on the field, which included a rather hands-on approach with Coach Lippi, and for his amusing sound bites during Press Conferences.

Now that the Azzurri are struggling to qualify for Euro 2008 and need a victory tonight against the Ukraine, Gattuso is again taking centre stage.

“It wouldn’t be a good look to win the World Cup and then miss out on the European Championships. We do really miss a champion like Totti, who’ll allow us to step up in terms of quality when he returns, but Francesco is very upset at staying out of all this. He hasn’t been able to train regularly and can’t be his old self until he does.”

Totti’s absence and the fact Antonio Cassano has been dropped from the squad again has raised questions over who will wear the Number 10 jersey, which has gone to Roma’s Daniele De Rossi.

“I understand it’s a very important number, the shirt worn by champions, but that’s why I have no interest in it!” smiled the former Glasgow Rangers star. “I did wear it once in the Scottish League, but I think the manager had a few too many beers that day.”

Gattuso also turned his attention to the Inter scandal that has seen players and referees – including Christian Vieri – followed and their telephone conversations intercepted.

“Telephone interceptions? All I do is intercept the ball in midfield, I’ve been doing it all my life. We’ve had four months of this talk and it’s time to move on so the team can focus on this important match. I believe Vieri to be a relaxed and professional person, so I saw no good reason to have him followed.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct7h.html

LOL! This bloke is a deadset champion and one hell of a character. You gotta love him!

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
haha. he clearly loves his job

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it seems that rino will not play against georgia

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
milanissimo said:
it seems that rino will not play against georgia

Yes, due to the fact that he is suspended for this game after his yellow card against the Ukraine.
Rino arrived back in Milano today.

FORZA RINO :star:

anitafranc

bigger stronger
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Sandro, Pirlo, Pippo, Rino, Pato, TS, Janku, Kaka, Gourcuff
LOL Rino is tha best!

Schedule