Coppa Italia: Milan vs Verona - Wednesday 13/12/2017 21:00CET

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Andre Silva fighting for and winning a ball :proud: Grazie, Rino.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel like Silva is going to be mediocre this season, but explode next season, honestly.

He does amazing things, but he doesn't seem to get that he can't do the things he wants in Italy like he did in Portugal, or does with the National Team.

While you may be right about him exploding next season, dont think he was so awesome with the NT. When we bought him i watched few quali games, and he was barely touching the ball in his playtime, just like here in Milan ( due to crap positioning probably)... and then once per game he does something that shows his talent. Now compare him to Cutrone, that guy is in the middle of almost every attack...Im not a fkin expert but that shows something

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
3 more halves of this, ples.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Zero sympathy for Dollar. Or maybe he should tell Raiola to shut the fuck up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Loved Cutrone's movement for Suso's goal btw. He's the future.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Less build-up = more bodies attacking directly = team playing much better.

Nice explanation, ty :star::thumbsup:

You dont have many creative players in team?..then dont try to play pretty, static crap that requires alot of creativity and football IQ to open up decences

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I dont feel anything for Donnarumma, i just dont care anymore... but i still think this wasnt needed, bad move by curva

Pussy

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Silva hasn't been very good.

He's got an assist and is generally in good positions but he's over-complicating things and that's because he's underperforming.

Cutrone is doing well but he could have got it to Silva earlier, imo, though Silva did his classic nonsense and blew it.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Nice explanation, ty :star::thumbsup:

You dont have many creative players in team?..then dont try to play pretty, static crap that requires alot of creativity and football IQ to open up decences

But... we're building up just as much, there's just much more movement.

I'm seeing more quick passes between players than I ever saw under Montella. That's what we all expected of Montella.

The passing between the whole team to move the team up the pitch this match is what Montella should have been doing all along.

Are we a bit more direct? Sure, but that's a by-product of us not being static with slow short passing.

With Montella it looked like he tried to make everything look laboured. Every pass was slow and forced, everything was shit pretty much. Now, everything is quicker. People want to get rid of it but there are also more bodies around to receive it and in space.

Hopefully this continues.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Silva hasn't been very good.

He's got an assist and is generally in good positions but he's over-complicating things and that's because he's underperforming.

Cutrone is doing well but he could have got it to Silva earlier, imo, though Silva did his classic nonsense and blew it.

Spot on.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
I seriously hope Dollar leaves and never wins anything substantial in his career and we in turn have our best period ever. Would teach future snakes not to trust money hungry agents.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
"My players they play with balls" - Rino :proud:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Streaaams pleaase

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Montolivo.. such fabulous positioning.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
814836088.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And Calabria is the exact opposite. No clue where to go.

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
But... we're building up just as much, there's just much more movement.

I'm seeing more quick passes between players than I ever saw under Montella. That's what we all expected of Montella.

The passing between the whole team to move the team up the pitch this match is what Montella should have been doing all along.

Are we a bit more direct? Sure, but that's a by-product of us not being static with slow short passing.

With Montella it looked like he tried to make everything look laboured. Every pass was slow and forced, everything was shit pretty much. Now, everything is quicker. People want to get rid of it but there are also more bodies around to receive it and in space.

Hopefully this continues.

Spot on:thumbsup:

It seemed to me from the go that Montella did not understand that if you want to play possesion football and be successful you need to work incredible hard (high pressing & constantly moving in spaces, changing positions, beeing aggressive in tackling etc.) but with his lax attitude this was never gonna happen. Even if you have all the tactical knowledge in the world (which I don't think he has) without teaching the players to work hard and be disciplined you are still a bad coach no matter what. You can have the best 11 creative players in the world but when everybody just standing around you wont create anything.

Last edited:

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Defense needs work. Especially the right back.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
awesome play by Calabria... nice defending

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Woooohoooooo!!! Whtay goal. Cutrone come Pippo.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That was fucking excellent.

Wonderful goal.