Milan v Tottenham: English Commentators

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Irwin, Batistuta, Giggs, Hagi,
God i hope Milan beat Spurs. Don't know why english media is SO anti Serie A, would love an all italian final again, in London. Sky Sports would barley acknowledge it was taking place!

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just read that Flamini article from the daily mial and I could see little digs in that also so I'm not going to pick up a newspaper or watch any british media until we put these bastards to the sword. Come on for fuck sake it's only Spurs

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone putting Milan back to the top!
I'll tell you what to do. Wear a jacket that will completely cover your shirt, Sit right in the centre of tottenham fan's and wear a england bennie. Interact with the fans, share a drink with them, make yourself their best friend then, when Milan score and they will ;) and all the tottenahm guys are just stunned, throw your bennie away Rip off your Jacket and revel your glorious Red and Black shirt and celebrate like crazy. This may get you into a feud with someone but it will be so worth it if it was seen on TV :D (WARNING don't that my advice)

Maybe not.. :p

Can't believe it's tomorrow, i Cant wait!!!!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
During this entire game i just wanted to mute the TV because of the Commentators. They were so damn bias, it provoked me so much and some of you feel the same. I heard bias commentators in tennis and olympics but never in a soccer match. I saw the game on SBS AUS and these two English commentators simply ruined the entire game for milan supportors. One of them was Ray Wilkins the former chelsea guy, is this true? it's like they got paid millions to hype up tottenham every 5 seconds, it was disgraceful. So this thread was made so i could hear you other Milan fans thoughts about the Commentary of this game (you all know what i'm talking about)

Tell me about it. I hate watching the matches on SBS. They are always pro-English. At least the ESPN commentators, to an extent, there is some leeway, but the majority of the time it's Pro-Pommy-Tastic.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Even Robbie Mustoe, ESPN commentator, suggesting Tottenhem overran Milan completely in the first leg, and that we were barely in their half!

Tommy Smyth really stuck up for the lads and hammered him back. Haha, it was dead set gold.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You wonder sometimes if these guys are watching the same game

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^
To be fair thats just faulty foreign name pronunciation in general. Its not like italians (or many other nations) are perfect in that regard.

Never cared what english tabtrash think about milan or anything in general before this years CL group stages. Usually i watch either in a bar or at home on a slo channel but this year milan europe coverage was bit on the low side. The 2 auxerre matches and ajax away were brutal. Low res streams coupled with sky sport tards repeating ''old'' or ''i was a fan of milan, just not this slow milan'' or many other similar irrelevant opinions was just painful and so uncomfortable to watch. Dont remember how many times i heard the word old and slow in confronts of ambrosini vs the 1st auxerre match after boateng replaced him.

Anyway to think this is some legit, fair and balanced way to promote your own league is a joke. A all serieA wembley final would be so tasty even if merda make it there.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I am not really sure about football rules, does a two footed tackle always have to result in a red card? Because Flamini did go for the ball and did make contact with the ball. Besides in regards to the importance of the match and since it was on Milan soil, it was understandable for the ref to give a yellow instead.

Two footed challenges should nearly always result in a red card, even if the player gets the ball. Flamini also made contact with the player which makes it worse. Being on Milan soil shouldnt make a difference, if a Tottenham player does it tonight he should be off. With regards to importance , last night was an extremely important match between Barca and Arsenal but that didnt stop the ref from send off Van Persie.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's extremely embarrassing that these so called footballing experts get paid to talk about football yet they know so little about it outside their own league i.e Shearer on BBC world cup duty

Schedule