Final: Portugal 0-0 France (1-0 After E.T.) - 10 July 2016 21:00 CET

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Many people say Pepe was the best player on the pitch and he had a great game. But of the 4 CB. He did by far the worst defending in the match when gignac with nowhere to go turns him inside out and hits the post. Had that gone in....Pepe would have been slaughtered. Just shows you with defenders, we pay only attention when their bad defending leads to goal. That was so bad

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Dammit almost took Eder in the fantasy team :devilehh:
What you're seeing as "whining and complaining" is actually something else.
Hahahahaha

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Portugal are champions at last, extremely happy ❤️����

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Portugal might've gotten it easy this whole tournament, but they deserved a major title for what they've done in the past. They've always lost unfairly/cruelly near the end. 66, 84, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2012...

I'm not Portuguese, but they are the European team I support since just right before Euro 2004. I'm very happy they finally got to make up for 2004 &#55357;&#56877;❤️

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
ort6gUr.jpg

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
When (sh)Italy wins via defensive destruction football = ZOMG le tactics :eek::thumbsup:

When Portugal wins via similar boring defensive shit = "boring" :mad: "worse champions ever" :cry:

Fuckin haters have the nerve to compare this Portugal to fuckin Greece. :fp:
Greece!!! :fp: Greece was the poster boy for the shittiest most vanilla destruction football of all time. It was a pure team effort with almost no standout players whatsoever.

At least with Portugal, you got a bit of flair and skills from Nani, RickyQ and CR7. Also you got to see Pepe in monster form!

The things is....many of the Portugal haters are also Messi fans, currently drowning in a Dead Sea of salt at the fact that CR7 wins his first major international trophy right after their Lord and savior retires......without directly contributing shit either :lol:
Then CR7 being the glorious arrogant narcissistic cunt he is, strips off his shirt to make all the haters count his beautifully sculpted abs (no homo) :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, you could not make this shit up :D

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
First time in ages that I'm happy for Portugal. This team is different in spirit and attitude from their usual teams. Much less whining, entitlement, and general annoyance.

Even Nani the erstwhile exhibit A for an annoying footballer looks a different professional team man now.

Good job Portugal. Particularly the managers.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Nationality

noun, pluralL nationalities
the status of belonging to a particular nation, whether by birth or naturalization.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
and how is this racist you twat

arent most of the french players born in africa/or to african parents?

its more geography than anything, imbecile.

you used the word "racist", no me ;)

i called you a cretin, and you are doing your best to live up to it.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i don't get it

a random dude told me in holland they played african music for the opening of the france match, it was NOS1 irrc

he liked it tho

kinda the same thing

#notamoron/notanagenda

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Maybe justhope can explain the picture for those of us who don't get it

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It certainly is racist, when only 3 out of the 23 players called up by France in the Euros were born in another country besides France - Evra, Mandanda, and Umtiti. Based also on simply skin color, only 3 out of 12 black players were born outside France. That makes 20 players born in France, yet all 23 of them being naturalized Frenchman.

It also doesn't matter whether or not their family is from France, either. Both sides of my family only became American the better part of a hundred years ago. Can I not then be considered American? Do I have to be considered half German and half Irish? Nope. I'm American, just like all 23 of those French players are French.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
It's just a meme to downplay the French squad because they're no 'original' (what's the correct term?) French people. It's a backwards way of thinking because it's 2016. People immigrate, there are many European teams that have players from different roots, not just France. But don't take the meme that seriously, it's not racist just silly. Btw it said African, not a black team. Don't forget about Rami ;)

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
9 out of Portugal's 23 man Euro squad was made up by players not born in Portugal. Gee, I wonder why no one has brought this fact up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Years and years have gone by since France became a fairly well integrated country and this discussion has to happen here in 2016. Stop being silly, nohope.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
this was probably the biggest failed attempt of being funny 2016

huehuehue look at these black guys in a french nt shirt huehue must be africa

Schedule