Official: Friendlies

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Please Paletta stay.

Vergara and Ely are not reliable as backups.

vergara was always going to get loaned out to some serie b club
I wouldn't mind Ely staying here, but I think he could easily get minutes at a lesser Serie A club, that's the only way he can grow and maybe become useful for us

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
vergara was always going to get loaned out to some serie b club
I wouldn't mind Ely staying here, but I think he could easily get minutes at a lesser Serie A club, that's the only way he can grow and maybe become useful for us

Yeah Ely could be useful but definitely not now.

Vergara I have no hope for. The amount of times players got behind him easily tells me his positioning still hasn't improved despite his season in Serie B.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I don't know why people always underrated Paletta, he is our 2nd best CB (after Romagnoli). Also Gabriel is a good goalkeeper.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I started disliking Paletta after he pushed for a move because we bought Romagnoli. If he thinks he shit, who am I to think otherwise

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Montella: "I'm happy, the team showed willingness to put into practice the principles of game we worked and there is still room for improvements. We worked a lot with the ball. We should increase the speed of play, above all in build-ups, but it was only the first game."

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Ely could be useful but definitely not now.

Vergara I have no hope for. The amount of times players got behind him easily tells me his positioning still hasn't improved despite his season in Serie B.

Ely played 3 full season as starter in serie B. On the other hand, Vergara had only a handful of games in serie B last 2 seasons and not a continous starter at all.
Both players need to be loaned though. Ely to a serie A team and Vergara to a serie B team.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I started disliking Paletta after he pushed for a move because we bought Romagnoli. If he thinks he shit, who am I to think otherwise

He wanted to be called by Conte for the Euros. It was impossible with him rotting the bench.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Ely played 3 full season as starter in serie B. On the other hand, Vergara had only a handful of games in serie B last 2 seasons and not a continous starter at all.
Both players need to be loaned though. Ely to a serie A team and Vergara to a serie B team.

Vergara was a starter with Livorno. But I agree, he makes many mistakes, and could be the new Zapata.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
LOL @ forming judgments of players from the first friendly of the season

This argument doesn't work anymore since our judgments from preseason have shown to be true during the season for so many years now. :(

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He wanted to be called by Conte for the Euros. It was impossible with him rotting the bench.

Actually he would have gotten the chances to improve himself. Romagnoli didn't have a regular partner the first 6months so paletta could indeed have taken advantage of that, had he stayed.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Montella: "I'm happy, the team showed willingness to put into practice the principles of game we worked and there is still room for improvements. We worked a lot with the ball. We should increase the speed of play, above all in build-ups, but it was only the first game."

That's all i need to hear :proud:

Cheers Vulture :thumbsup:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paletta did pretty well tbh. Like a slight less static version of Alex. Nothing special when it comes to initiate any build-up but defensively definitely someone who does his homeworks

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Glad we started with a W, good morale is important.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
when is next game?

9 days left and it's at night :(

• July 22 - Departure to the US, where Milan will participate in the International Champions Cup
  • July 27 - Chicago: Milan-Bayern at 20.00 local time, 03:00 Italy time (July 28)
  • July 30 - Santa Clara: Milan-Liverpool at 19.00 local time, 05:00 Italy time (July 31)
  • August 3 - Minneapolis: Milan-Chelsea at 20.00 local time, 03:00 Italytime (August 4)

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
9 days left and it's at night :(

• July 22 - Departure to the US, where Milan will participate in the International Champions Cup
  • July 27 - Chicago: Milan-Bayern at 20.00 local time, 03:00 Italy time (July 28)
  • July 30 - Santa Clara: Milan-Liverpool at 19.00 local time, 05:00 Italy time (July 31)
  • August 3 - Minneapolis: Milan-Chelsea at 20.00 local time, 03:00 Italytime (August 4)

I think Milan-Liverpool 04:00

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
This year's Trofeo TIM will take place on August 10. Milan, Sassuolo and Celta Vigo will participate.

3 mediocre teams.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
This year's Trofeo TIM will take place on August 10. Milan, Sassuolo and Celta Vigo will participate.

3 mediocre teams.
Two of those teams will play in the Europa League next season. Mediocre ?
I think not.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
How old is the Maldini kid now? Is he be able to play this season with the first team?

Rojonegro

AC Milan
Reaction score
I have tickets for Milan-Chelsea, the wife and I are very exited. My buddy won the tickets and gave them to me , he hates futbol.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
So we're playing in two hours and no one gives a shit?

All I hope to see today is that the team is trying to play Montella football, sure we're going to lose but we're coming up against one of the worlds best teams. I want to see growth as a team. Forza Milan and good luck Montella with your first unofficial outing as coach.

Schedule