Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Fairplay Paraguay.... well done. They were much the better side in the second half.

What a crap semi now tho :lol:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This Brazil side has a good defense , good DM , that cunt Neymar and that's about it.

The rest of the team is sub par.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Silva not stepping up for the second shootout within a year :head:

What's all that about ?

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Robinho was good both games

Terrible semi finals, this competition has sucked

Did Colombia even manage a shot yest in 90 minutes?

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Dunga's Brazil is a real aberration anyways. It showed already at wc2010.

Colombia? They played like they were shit scared not to mention every Colombian were shown their reality.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thiago showing exactly why he lost the captaincy. Paraguay didn't even look like scoring till he gave the stupid pen.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I called this months ago :o

I expect those two to be out quite early tbh. Their midfield is bad, especially Colombia's. Colombia has good attacking players and fullbacks but defense wise they are VERY vulnerable.

Brazil's attack is meh.

Colombia reached their peak last year and have been in decline since then whereas Brazil's midfield and forwards let them down despite the good defense they have.

Chile-Argentina final.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
My god such painful times, can somebody predict Brazil's squad for 2018 and whatever happened to their hopeful strikers :head: *cough*pato,damiao....*cough*

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Paraguay got to the final in 2011 with 5 draws. Now they have 3 more and just 1 victory x Jamaica.

1 vicotry in 10 games... final and semis :thumbsup:

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If only Argentina also lost out on PK yesterday, it would have been the first ever Copa America that all "big three" were out of final four (I believe I read it somewhere a while ago).

Dejan Savicevic

Primavera
Reaction score
Brazilian football has been a live corpse for a very long time and of course CBF has done their best to kill it. for a long time we
won despite of CBF as we had a pool of talented players. Now the talent has dried up, and all we have is a spoiled brat Neymar and bunch of average joes who don't deserve to support wear the shirt. And especially we have an idiot called Dunga a leading us to a black hole.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I disagree that there is a lack of talent. They have no midfield and striker talent.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Paraguay got to the final in 2011 with 5 draws. Now they have 3 more and just 1 victory x Jamaica.

1 vicotry in 10 games... final and semis :thumbsup:

Also World Cup 2010. 3 draws, 1 win. BAM they're in the quarters against Spain.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Jackson had a header on target :fp:

At least he was not crying this time :lol:
thIt's not even funny Sven. I still can't understand why he would refuse to step up. This is a 30 yr old World Class defender... playing for his home nation. Surely it was better for him to step up rather than everton or douglas.

I love him to bits... but not stepping up TWICE now is making me question his leadership.

1 thing why I will always love Baresi is he always stepped up... hence why he will always be my Captain. Even in 94 ... he was injured but he still stepped up. We all know he missed, but the fact he took a pen is more than enough for me. Maradona in 1990...missed against Yugoslavia but stepped up vs Italy. Missing is part of the game... happens to the best of em.

People laugh at Luiz... but I can bet you he would not decline a pk.

"get our captain back here", "the real capitano" :lol::lol:

You never miss an opportunity :lol:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My god such painful times, can somebody predict Brazil's squad for 2018 and whatever happened to their hopeful strikers :head: *cough*pato,damiao....*cough*

At this point does it really matter, they can keep sending 21 players that bend over Neymar and you have a team if you can call that a team.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thIt's not even funny Sven. I still can't understand why he would refuse to step up. This is a 30 yr old World Class defender... playing for his home nation. Surely it was better for him to step up rather than everton or douglas.

I love him to bits... but not stepping up TWICE now is making me question his leadership.

1 thing why I will always love Baresi is he always stepped up... hence why he will always be my Captain. Even in 94 ... he was injured but he still stepped up. We all know he missed, but the fact he took a pen is more than enough for me. Maradona in 1990...missed against Yugoslavia but stepped up vs Italy. Missing is part of the game... happens to the best of em.

People laugh at Luiz... but I can bet you he would not decline a pk.

Some players just don't have that leadership in them... Not cold enough to deal with extreme pressure, not inspiring, etc.

We were wrong to make him a successor to Nesta, Maldini, Baresi... There's none like them anymore.

That doesn't make Thiago any less of a player or a personality. He's just not a captain... Still a top player and a top dude.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Some players just don't have that leadership in them... Not cold enough to deal with extreme pressure, not inspiring, etc.

We were wrong to make him a successor to Nesta, Maldini, Baresi... There's none like them anymore.

That doesn't make Thiago any less of a player or a personality. He's just not a captain... Still a top player and a top dude.

Very harsh

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe he just really sucks at penalties?

Professional footballer... being asked to kick a ball into a net from 12 yards.

We've seen Silva play... he is competent enough to make a pass from 12 yards... that's all a goal is.

I get not having the leadership part Sven... and i'd never force anyone to become a captain... it is a huge burden.

I'm not used to seeing my players not step up for a penalty. I mean just look at Ramos... sure he missed but the next time he was called upon he dealt with it. It would have been better if he'd missed rather than Everton or Douglas.

I agree 100% with the last part... he's still a Top player in my eyes :thumbsup:

Very harsh

He really isn't Leaf

Just a tough pill to swallow :(

Even though i support ARG... I still wanted Brazil to get to the semi at least. I can forgive the handball (Milan bias), but not taking a pen. I don't know... maybe I just hold him to high standards.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Silva is a weak personality regardless of whether he is a leader or not. Having given the equalizer away, he should have seen penalty shoot outs as a minor way to make amends. Instead he saw it as another opportunity to fuck up. Silva can take penalties. I have seen his pre season games for milan where he did. And in the very least he can do it better than ribero :-)fp:).

If the shoot out went on longer it would not surprise me if he was the 11th penalty taker behind jefferson.

Edit: I have more sympathy for robben when he refused to take a penalty in ucl shoot-out. He had missed a penalty just a few moments earlier and had missed a penalty against dortmund a few days earlier. He at least tried hard to make amends and then failed.

Last edited:

Schedule