Alessandro Nesta Thread

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Sky Sport 24:

To the contrary to earliar report suggesting that Nesta has a broken arm and needs surgery we have now received updates that the injury isnt as severe as it was made out to be.Recovery is set at between 2-3 weeks

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Nesta shoulder injury serious?

There are fears Alessandro Nesta could be out for a month after dislocating his shoulder.

The Milan defender fell awkwardly on to his left shoulder and arm during the first half of tonight’s 2-0 win over Cesena.

He was taken to hospital for x-rays and the initial reports are of a dislocation, but not the feared fracture or ligament damage.

It would be a particularly heavy blow for the veteran, as he suffered an identical injury to this shoulder in 2007 and was forced to stay on the sidelines for three months.

The shoulder has been put back in place under anaesthetic, so no surgery appears to be required, but it is still an injury that should keep Nesta out for at least three weeks.

This was not a fortunate evening for the Rossoneri, who also lost Gennaro Gattuso in the warm-up due to a muscular problem.

With Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf, Mathieu Flamini, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Gianluca Zambrotta already sidelined, it forced Thiago Silva to fill the gap in midfield.

http://www.football-italia.net/jan23v.html

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Get well soon babe! :cry:

nesta1-23b.jpg

nesta1-23a.jpg

nesta1-23c.jpg

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
too bad for him..lacking such experience in defense in important matches is a huge blow

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Simply an unfortunate injury and as long as it isn't his legs or back, it's not one to be concerned about in the long-term. It's highly unlikely that he'll suffer a similar injury on the pitch again; hopefully he'll be ready for Spurs. Yepes has been quality every time he was called upon, he should do a decent job in his place.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I hope he'll be back as soon as possible.

Sokratis + Yepes were great today, I hope they'll be like this everytime their help is needed.

Forza Sandro :star:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'll choose to see something positive in this.

Ok he's gone circa 3 weeks, that gives him some good resting time to be fully fit for the most important part of the season. And it gives us the opportunity to play Yepes and Sokratis so they don't lack match fitness when they're called upon later.

Now I can sleep.

laxman

Cult of Shevchenko
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Zidane, Pirlo, Kaka, Inzaghi, Cafu, Messi, Xavi, Serginho
According to preliminary information from Gale, the AC Milan defender has reported an anterior dislocation (already reduced) and, tomorrow, there will be a magnetic Risognanze to assess in detail the extent of damage. The player, after being released from the hospital, he returned to San Siro where, among other things, has enjoyed a shower in the locker room.

:star:

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Hopefully he gets better quickly and Yepes proved himself capable of commanding the defense, hopefully Allegri continues to start him.

I actually like playing Silva in the midfield with Yepes and Papa behind him, it's basically playing with 3 CBs, but Silva going forward and actually being able to pass with a long ball was very useful today.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I hope its just 2-3 weeks and hopefully even sooner.

We need you back ASAP Sandro!

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
From our website

Nesta has made today an MRI that ruled out rotator cuff injury. After a consultation with prof. Taverna has been decided in agreement with the player to make a functional recovery aggressively to allow the return to the field in a period of 3 / 4 weeks. A possible surgical stabilization will be made, if necessary, at the end of the season.

Match against Spurs is on 15th i.e. 23 days from now. :(

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
As long as he's fit for the return leg we'll be fine, i don't think they'll cause us as many problems at the San Siro.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
2-3 weeks? Will he be back against Tottenham?

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
So it's 3-4 weeks now, I hope he makes a fast recovery, I would love to have him back for the CL match against Tottenham which is in a bit less than a month. Honestly I doubt he will make it for that match, but I hope he will be back as soon as possible, wish Sandro all the best, we need him, I'll miss him the time he won't be able to play :(

Hopefully his replacements will do a good job, so that we don't have to regret his injury too much.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
So it's 3-4 weeks now, I hope he makes a fast recovery, I would love to have him back for the CL match against Tottenham which is in a bit less than a month. Honestly I doubt he will make it for that match, but I hope he will be back as soon as possible, wish Sandro all the best, we need him, I'll miss him the time he won't be able to play :(

Hopefully his replacements will do a good job, so that we don't have to regret his injury too much.

If Yepes plays like he did last yesterday we will be fine

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
what did i say about a week ago, WHAT did i SAY!!! i feckin knew it, every single time in recent seasons we have a big game coming up in europe or a derby, we're left sweating on a big game player like Nesta or T Silva, players we cannot do without.. and now its happened..f**kin typical

though im still positive doh cos it say hes out for 3/4 weeks and its 3 weeks and 3 days til spurs game so he shud be back just in time! :D

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Damn! :( get well soon Sandro, it's too bad you won't be available to play against Tottenham :(

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Speedy recovery Nesta !

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
After fearing the worst, a month out doesn't seem so harsh. At least there's a good chance he'll be back for both Napoli and Juve, but we would have been much better off with him gaining form and fitness + being available against Spurs and Lazio.

Sucks because now was the period when we should be recovering players + hitting top form.

Get well soon.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Would he be back against Tottenham?

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Missing yooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu...I'm sooooooo missing yooooooouuuuuuuuu toooooo. :(

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Alessandro Nesta Back In Training For Milan
Milan defender Alessandro Nesta is back in training after dislocating his shoulder in the 2-0 win over Cesena on January 23.

The 34-year-old went through the entire training session with no complications as the Rossoneri prepare for their Serie A match against Parma on Saturday.

Barring any setbacks Nesta will feature in the first-leg of the Round of 16 clash against Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League next week.

Nesta has made 23 appearances for the club in all competitions this season and is rated at 119 by the Castrol Rankings, the highest ranked defender in Serie A.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He's been out for like 2 weeks, people were really over-stating the problem.

Schedule