Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Gif Update

That technique:

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif

How the hell did he not get k. o?

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_3.gif

Gotta loves his trips:

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_8.gif

Dropping the hammer :

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_12.gif

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He hurt him with the last one :D

This means a lot for Machida, Mousassi is no joke and he's also a LWH who's dropped so he was probably bigger than Machida. Other MW's are gonna feel Machida's size and strength.

Only problem with Machida is that he doesn't attack enough. I know that he's a counter fighter and very good at it. But I think he should try to be a bit more active. So he doesn't get losses like the ones against Rampage and Davis. When Machida fights, he other fighter always has the "octagon control", he must even that up a little bit.

Chris Weidman is dull, so I hope Belfort wins.

Imagine Machida vs. Belfort :eek:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
He hurt him with the last one :D

This means a lot for Machida, Mousassi is no joke and he's also a LWH who's dropped so he was probably bigger than Machida. Other MW's are gonna feel Machida's size and strength.

Only problem with Machida is that he doesn't attack enough. I know that he's a counter fighter and very good at it. But I think he should try to be a bit more active. So he doesn't get losses like the ones against Rampage and Davis. When Machida fights, he other fighter always has the "octagon control", he must even that up a little bit.

Chris Weidman is dull, so I hope Belfort wins.

Imagine Machida vs. Belfort :eek:

Yeah as far as fighting smart, his tactics pretty much ensure a victory 99% of the time in the sense that he won't loose a "street fight ". But sadly UFC scores who stands in the middle of the octogon also, so he needs to step up more.

He is starting to do that, in the later rounds when his opponents start to get tired, i think Mousai was a good testing platform for him.

Machida vs Belfort will probably finish in less then 2 rounds with Belfort walking into one of Machida's kicks and getting knocked out.

Machida vs Weidman could prove more interesting in my book. The later is more reserve and could give him a real challenge.

Anyway i do hope Belfort wins the belt and Machida sends him to Jesus :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Machida definitely created good angles for attack and kept Mousasi at bay. But this bit of stats might surprise you guys: Mousasi actually landed more strikes.

750x708xMachida-mousasi-stats.jpg.speedilic.ic.9UDzHjvZYw.jpg

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Did anyone fall for the whole cummings-cormier thing? :lol:

weak attempt.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronda`s stance in the weight in is getting more ridiculous every time :lol:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
jessica eye's body is perfect

I love her exposed ribs

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone fall for the whole cummings-cormier thing? :lol:

weak attempt.

Honestly, I think its another lacklustered card.

The Cummings thing they are trying TOO hard to market, with all those cry stories, the shove, all that shit. Otherwise no one would care. And the whole story about how he got the call he was in drive through line of Starbucks, :o yeah right

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
FFS Maia... dat game plan. Worked for one round.

Cummings lol. "40 fighters rejected him"

Rousey is so hot. Womens fighting is still boring as fuck.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

One take down out of 14 or so, makes you wonder if he needs better training partners. He had literally no plan except for trying to take him down:fp:

Rory looked decent, but i don't know what was Rogan about him being all killer last night. He had n opportunities to jump on Maia when he failed one take down attempt after another, but he failed to capitalize on each and every of them.

Unless he improves dramatically guys like Condit, Lawler and Hendricks are gonna smash him every time they meet/will meet.

The women fight was stopped way to early, but could not care less about it unless Tate fights:

maxresdefault.jpg

2.gif

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Actually watched the event in Chinese. I don't know if its the Chinese commentating being from a studio rather than live or what it is, the event seemed very stale to me.

It was so frustrating. Not only was his "gameplan" not working, it was also that he was doing 0 set up for those takedowns. Rory has sound wrestling and I thought his TD in the first round was really lucky. Those takedowns were also burning out Maia as he shot in time after time again without getting the fight down.

Cummings showed some decent movement but you can tell he's never been hit hard. It started with a punch in the clinch and you could literally see him wince that's when I knew it was over.

Agree on women's. They just go in to scrap and their technique is just :eek:

One take down out of 14 or so, makes you wonder if he needs better training partners. He had literally no plan except for trying to take him down:fp:

Rory looked decent, but i don't know what was Rogan about him being all killer last night. He had n opportunities to jump on Maia when he failed one take down attempt after another, but he failed to capitalize on each and every of them.

Unless he improves dramatically guys like Condit, Lawler and Hendricks are gonna smash him every time they meet/will meet.

The women fight was stopped way to early, but could not care less about it unless Tate fights:
Maia trains with Wand Fight Team in mma and Brasa in BJJ. Both very solid camp. But let's be honest, he is 36 and for the most part a BJJ fighter. His technique in boxing is very typical of a BJJ guy transitioning to mma. You see his lead hand drop time after time again after R2. Rory is also a lot younger, so once Maia started getting gassed, his takedowns are very telegraphed and they became super easy for MacDonald to defend.

I am not impressed with MacDonald. I think his hype train has been derailed already and he didn't really have a good showing (IMO) against Maia. He needs 2 more fights until he should even be considered for title fight.

Honestly, Tate is properly just going to be a gatekeeper. Her skill level is meh. She doesn't have top level skill set in anything and her camp (her bf) in her corner doesn't exactly give her the best advice either.

The thing about Herb Dean is, he let a previous fight go for a LONG time and this is a title fight. I know these are women but you gotta let them fight. It's not like she's out cold, just dropped from a liver shot...

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Unless Rousey is fighting Cyborg, I won't even bother watching her fights. Rory won't do shit in that division, Hendricks would murder him if they fought. UFC events have been so meh to me lately, but 171 with Hendricks vs Lawler should be a nice one.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

:lol::lol: Omg

Do anybody know whats the ufc deal with fox? it was 100 million per year, god damn its getting so popular every where. its a remarkable story it used to be a taboo in mainstream media, well done Mr. White :thumbsup:

All the pubs are just packed on saturdays. man cant go to my usual joint for a booze good for business

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
:lol::lol: Omg

Do anybody know whats the ufc deal with fox? it was 100 million per year, god damn its getting so popular every where. its a remarkable story it used to be a taboo in mainstream media, well done Mr. White :thumbsup:

All the pubs are just packed on saturdays. man cant go to my usual joint for a booze good for business

IIRC it was 90M USD per year for 7 years back in 2010 or 11?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
IIRC it was 90M USD per year for 7 years back in 2010 or 11?

yup something like that

The Ultimate Fighting Championship and FOX Sports Media Group announced a seven-year multi-media rights agreement Thursday that will position mixed martial arts' leading organization on network television for the first time.

The Sports Business Daily Journal reported the bidding reached an average of $100 million a year.

The agreement delivers four live UFC events a year in prime time or late night to the FOX broadcast network. A card scheduled for Nov. 12 in Anaheim, Calif., will kick off the partnership.

Additional programming on FX, Fuel TV and Fox Sports Net launches in January. FX will host 32 live fight events a year on Friday nights, including six UFC cards and a complete revamp of the promotion's instrumental reality program "The Ultimate Fighter," which finishes its run on Spike TV with Season 14 starting in September.

FOX chairman David Hill declined to discuss terms of the deal, which he labeled "historic" due to UFC's ability to attract male viewers aged 18-34.

I thought they would restructure it because of the popularity

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This gonna be awesome

Laughed my ass off, stupid Belfort and his trt:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Machida gonna join the select few who held belts in two different divisions :thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Laughed my ass off, stupid Belfort and his trt:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Machida gonna join the select few who held belts in two different divisions :thumbsup:

Brazil followed suit with Vegas, bans TRT.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My man Dong Hyun Kim, that was just nasty

John_Hathaway_vs._Dong_Hyun_Kim_ktfo.gif

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Bellator's attempt to hype up that fight. Rampage and King Mo goin all pro wrestling.

Rampage will probably either KO King Mo really fast or get LnP'ed for rest of the rounds. Yawn

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
So I saw the UFC of recent times, very boring.

Nothing really stood out, a friend of mine said Trujillo fight was good but I honestly can't remember that dude. I think he was bald..

He also said something about DW changed FOTN-bonuses to "performance" shit? I just have very little care for MMA in general since GSP retire but whatever. Hope DW chokes.

-
Jacare Souza will get the title eventually. I dislike "complains" (broken arm prior) but give him 1 more match before titleshot and his striking will have improved enough to grab that belt. Beast.

edit: loved the warcry between GSP and Carmont :D

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
My man Dong Hyun Kim, that was just nasty

John_Hathaway_vs._Dong_Hyun_Kim_ktfo.gif

in boxing they would call that white dude a don king fighter :lol:

he fell like he was trying to get the other dude sent off
ufc should have given him a yellow for simulation and maybe a free kick to the Korean dude :o

Bellator's attempt to hype up that fight. Rampage and King Mo goin all pro wrestling.

Rampage will probably either KO King Mo really fast or get LnP'ed for rest of the rounds. Yawn

gonna be the biggest fight of the year and almost as big as rampage's KO win over ortiz.

post fight press conference got pretty heated too.

if only UFC gave the people what they wanted like bellator.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gus is the man !

P.S : Jones is running scared :

Why not give the winner of Alexander and DC the winner of myself and Glover?

Call me what you want but I can't be the only person who thinks that makes perfect sense

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
jon jones was afraiding lyoto once

I think that his problem is that he only learned what it is to be punshed for real after he became champion and it even took some fights, I guess lyoto was the first one to really hit him

but yeah, ufc should had put gustafsson and cormier other than rashad/cummings and manuwa because they're both contenders

anyway, he must fight one of them now and I'd choose daniel cormier, that is waiting for a titleshot for way longer time and never fought jon jones

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
jon jones was afraiding lyoto once

I think that his problem is that he only learned what it is to be punshed for real after he became champion and it even took some fights, I guess lyoto was the first one to really hit him

but yeah, ufc should had put gustafsson and cormier other than rashad/cummings and manuwa because they're both contenders

anyway, he must fight one of them now and I'd choose daniel cormier, that is waiting for a titleshot for way longer time and never fought jon jones

No, DC doesn't deserve at title shot at LHW he needs to fight at least one top 5 LHW before he should be given a title shot. Gus deserves his rematch or a chance at the new champion.