The Non-Milan Transfer Market

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BTW what an absolute joke Torres is. 31.5m Euros???... You deadset gotta be kidding me. Makes Oliveira seem like a good player!

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Eduardo delight at '£16m' switch

Croatian international Eduardo da Silva has spoken of his excitement at agreeing a reported £16.25million move to three-time Premier League winners Arsenal.

The Brazilian-born striker will move to Emirates Stadium upon the successful completion of a medical, in a deal that will reputedly break the Croatian transfer record.

The Dinamo Zagreb star has clearly outgrown his current environment having been his league's top scorer in the past two seasons and, despite recently signing a new ten-year deal in the Croatian capital, is now looking forward with great anticipation to the start of his career in England.

"I am excited and happy in the same time, also very proud that I am going to play in such a big club," da Silva told Uefa.com.

"Every football player wants to play for Barcelona, Real [Madrid], Manchester United or Arsenal one day and so do I.

"I want to progress in my career, but it will be hard to leave Dinamo Zagreb after eight years.

"I will miss the club, the guys...I will be back one day, but now I want to accept a new challenge."

Eduardo has proved himself on the international scene with seven goals in 12 appearances for Croatia, but his task in North London will be an even more daunting one - filling the boots of departed captain Thierry Henry.

The French superstar joined the Catalans for £16million in June, and Dinamo president Mirko Barisic claims the entirety of that transfer fee has now been used to prise da Silva from Croatia.

"I think the transfer is worth €24million (£16.25million) from the money Arsenal got after selling Henry to Barcelona," said Barisic.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...le=Eduardo+delight+at+'£16m'+switch&channel=&

seems Wenger has spent quite alot...

Last edited:

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
snn said:
LOL, we're not talking about Arsenal here.

BTW, Spurs continued their tradition by signing a forward again. I guess fullbacks are needed for Spurs as Lee, Ekotto & Chimbonda looks pretty insufficient.

Well, they signed Gareth Bale, who looks promising. But Spurs are pretty sad they always look like they finally can make an impact, BUT, they always manage to screw up. I support them in the epl(partly cause of my dad) and they are good to watch... but they just can't finish of games. Darren bent for 17 mil is a complete waste in my opinion. Berbatov and keane is a good pairing and 17 mil for a sub is crazy.

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Eduardo delight at '£16m' switch

Croatian international Eduardo da Silva has spoken of his excitement at agreeing a reported £16.25million move to three-time Premier League winners Arsenal.

Isnt he the same guy who ran the English back line ragged when they played a few months back...the famous game when Robinson nearly sent the ball to the stars when given a back-pass from Neville..

Big boots to fill....he does seem too small and a little short on skills to play in the rough PL....

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
San Paolo said:
Silva's a good player watched him play for the Croatian National team. Good up comer.

Same price as Henry put up a question or two but I agree on the point of view that he might be good up comer.

Toon land £2m Geremi

NEWCASTLE United today completed the signing of Cameroon World Cup star Geremi.
The Chelsea defender has quit Stamford Bridge in favour of a switch to Tyneside, where he has been assured of more first-team opportunities under new Toon chief Sam Allardyce.
Although Geremi is out of contract, it is believed that United have paid him a signing-on fee of around £2m, and he has agreed a three-year deal after passing a medical at the club’s Benton HQ.

The player broke off from his holiday in Africa to fly to Tyneside, and was impressed by the set-up and the area.
Geremi is no stranger to the North East after spending time with Middlesbrough four years ago, an experience that will make his transition from the Blues an even easier one.
It takes United’s tally to four in the summer transfer window, with Aussie striker Mark Viduka already on board, having snubbed a new deal at Middlesbrough, and cash signings Joey Barton from Manchester City and Czech defender David Rozehnal also looking forward to the new season at Gallowgate.
However, the capture of the versatile Geremi will provide Allardyce with options at both right-back and midfield, as he has played in several different roles throughout his career at both international and club level.
And Geremi will bring plenty of experience with him too, after starring for Chelsea in both the Champions League and the Premiership, as well as playing in the World Cup and African Cup of Nations for his country.
Earlier in his career, Geremi also pulled on the famous shirt of Real Madrid before heading to Boro on loan in the 2002/03 season, where he picked up the accolade of player of the year on Teesside.
That was enough to persuade Claudio Ranieri to splash out £7m for his services, and under the Italian he enjoyed plenty of run-outs at first-team level.
Yet it has been a totally different story under Jose Mourinho, with the star struggling to nail down a regular place.
Boro dearly wanted to sign Geremi four years ago after his successful stint, and would loved to have done the same this summer on a permanent basis before United got there first again to trump them, just as they did with Aussie striker Viduka last month.
But after Allardyce made it crystal clear that he wanted Geremi to be part of his plans, the 28-year-old was excited by the prospect of joining Big Sam’s revolution on Tyneside and didn’t ponder too long once United made their move.
And the Chronicle understands that the carrot of regular first-team action finally swayed the player into joining the Magpies.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
roy_il_diavolo said:
Isnt he the same guy who ran the English back line ragged when they played a few months back...the famous game when Robinson nearly sent the ball to the stars when given a back-pass from Neville..

Big boots to fill....he does seem too small and a little short on skills to play in the rough PL....
If I'm not mistaken, he played against Arsenal in the UCL qualifiers last August and didn't look too impressive. I'm not sure whether he played or not, but I remember his name being mentioned.

Newcastle has a knack of fetching Chelsea's reject West African fullbacks ... First Babayaro and now Gerimi. Though I think 2m was a good deal.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
Da Silva is a great player,croatian league isn't that good but he scored 34 goals in croatian league this year,played a lot of good games for croatia(scored vs england),scored hat-trick against israel in israel....the first game they lost at home 4-3)...he will be a great player......he just has to establish himself in Pl

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This is the busiest summer 4 sure.
And Milan is the 1 who should b making the headlines about buying & yet we didnt sign any good deal so far + not even trying + no quality player wanna join us.
How about a pole about who is the team doing the best transfer so far ?
My vote goes 2 Barca specially if they signed Chivu.
Atletico if true they signed Forlan + Riquelme + Quarisma then they r doing a great job.
Inter is doing good while Manu will b judged when I see Anderson + Nani.
Juve + Bayern made some good transfers also.

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
roy_il_diavolo said:

yup... he scored the 1st goal in that game... and i wouldn't say he is short on skills...

madtherchot said:
If I'm not mistaken, he played against Arsenal in the UCL qualifiers last August and didn't look too impressive. I'm not sure whether he played or not, but I remember his name being mentioned.
in fact he scored the 1st ever competitive goal at the Emirates... though Arsenal went on to win the game...

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
da silva is a good player, but 16m pounds is waaaaay too much for a player like him, but i think wenger would bring out the best in him

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
seems like Newcastle got Geremi on a free transfer instead...

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Free huh? Not bad at all ...

Luis Garcia returns to Madrid. Which would mean, Liverpool will be genuinely good this season. Wonder if Benitez will take a page off A.'s book + play narrow and pack the midfield ... maybe a 4-3-1-2 ...

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
What a great player Luis Garcia is. He's officially in Madrid? sounds interesting.

What happened to Bellamy? wasn't he set to leave the Anfield Road this season?

Anyway, Agger should leave Liverpool either this season or next one, he proved to be a solid defender. Wouldn't mind him here at all.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Free huh? Not bad at all ...

Luis Garcia returns to Madrid. Which would mean, Liverpool will be genuinely good this season. Wonder if Benitez will take a page off A.'s book + play narrow and pack the midfield ... maybe a 4-3-1-2 ...
yeah... that was what i was thinkin' too... Benitez goin' for 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2... afterall they got quality center midfielders & none on the wings...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Relief indeed. I would have hated to see that dud play for a club I support.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Is there any player left 4 us ?
And Torres was better 2 join a team like ManU where I would bet he will do great.
It will b hard 4 him 2 shine with a defensive team like Liverpool.
But again he is talented so hope he will show the world his ability.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Taking away the "I'm glad he isn't at Milan", he did make a wise choice to move to EPL instead of Serie A, it is more suitable for his game + with Liverpool having a lot of spaniards he will have an easier time for adaptation. That without even talking about what he will earn.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Andres Guardado (Atlas, Mexico) to PSV Eindhoven (50% of pass) on a contract for 5 years

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Torcida said:
Da Silva is a great player,croatian league isn't that good but he scored 34 goals in croatian league this year,played a lot of good games for croatia(scored vs england),scored hat-trick against israel in israel....the first game they lost at home 4-3)...he will be a great player......he just has to establish himself in Pl
Arsenal fans and football experts have lot of doubts on him
he seems to be an goal machine, 34 goals in one season+ in very little time has scored 7 goals for croatian national team i think, he scored in Emirates against Arsenal, and Wenger alaways wants some not big names,
but w`ll see....

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Valencia have signed Argentina midfielder Lucho Gonzalez from Porto, very very good signing.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
AWESOME!!
I'll be able to watch him regularly again :D :star:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Man Utd signs Tevez!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Tsar said:
Valencia have signed Argentina midfielder Lucho Gonzalez from Porto, very very good signing.
Radio must have locked himself in a room somewhere :tongue: Yeah ... fantastic signing for them. Now, have they replaced Ayala?
sidd@acmilan said:
yeah well that doesnt come as a surprise
It does to me, in a way. With all those articles I read about MSI being linked to Abraham. Guess those conspiracies were confounding afterall ... since there's no way he'd be happy about the strengthening of both United + Liverpool.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pippo, Weah, Flamini, T.Silva, Zidane, Gourcuff, Kaka
San Paolo said:
Man Utd signs Tevez!

Anderson, Nani, Hargreaves and Tevez in addition to their strong team...
Barca and MU has a great transfer market, it worry me a little bit.
We need to buy some players in order to be competitive when we'll have to face those teams.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
madtherchot said:
Radio must have locked himself in a room somewhere :tongue: Yeah ... fantastic signing for them. Now, have they replaced Ayala?
I did leap off my seat for joy when i read the original post, but subsequent googling doesnt turn up much on it at all. I'm not sure what Tsar's source is, but id like for him to post the link.

Of course i would be overjoyed to see lucho - argnetine+river plate playing for valencia, but i dont really think hes going to fit in with the tactical ssytem of last season atleast. we played with two def minds, and lucho is more of a central midfielder, not a defensive/tackling one. He would probably have been a backup for baraja, but with baraja,edu,albelda and lucho, one of them would complain of bench time. we would need to play with 3 midfielders for this to work.

Regardless, i cant find anything about this transfer anywhere - link tsar?

Ayala had been replaced before Ayala announced he was leaving. Alexis, from getafe is the supposed 'next ayala'. Havnet seen much of the guy, but was supposed to be the defensive rock at the heart of their rather stingy defence last season. They had the best home defensive record, conceding jsut 11 goals all season at home. The away form lefet a little to be desired.

Valencia have had a quietly satisfactory trasnfer campaign so far. Carboni has been sacked, and Flores is buying players he wants, which is the way it should be imo. So far weve signed:

Javier Arizmendi: not spectaculr, but needed to provide cover to villa/moro, since last season we kept drafting wingers to play as forwards when they were injured. Decent buy.

Alexis: Aforementioned.

Timo Hildebrant: Was linked with Milan at one point in time. With Canizares nearing 39, its only a matter a time that his reflexes die out, and tha tmight happen anytime this season. Hildebrandt is a very VERY good replacement. good buy.

Dont really think we need anyone else, unless Del Horno is forced out, then we would need a left back. Lucho will always be welcome, if QSF is willing to accomodate him.

Schedule