Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As much as I respect cro cop for his previous achievements, this will definitely be a crap fight. Cro cop is so finished.

true, cro cop will get huge money for that fight and Mir will 'boost' his confidence for upcoming fights although that boost confidence stuff is crap because cro cop doesn't give a damn these days and he is talking about crop cop like he was the same fighter from PRIDE just to make that win so great.."wow i beat cro cop", so sad. cro cop didn't even have enough time to prepare, fucked up with injuries, not aggressive as he once was, trying to minimize potential injuries and to earn more money while he still can. i repeat, so sad.

at least he didn't loose his sense of humour, would like to see him destroy Mir and retire as winner but there are slim chances for that..

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Cro Cop Vs Mir :head: Most boring fight int the history of the sport... until the knock out.

Sean Sherks win was totally undeserved, he lost the 2 last rounds.

UFC 119 was really boring...

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if only that left hand went higher..

prije-toga-je-mirko-udario-mira_313x220n_343690.jpg

ameri%C4%8Dki-borac-bio-je-spreman_313x220n_343691.jpg

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
haha!

I really wanted Cro Cop to knock him out. But he's finished. Even though Mir's stand up has improved, he would never have been able to kick-box with the old Cro Cop.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirko Cro Cop UFC 119 Post-Fight Interview

Following his KO loss in the final minute of his fight with Frank Mir at UFC 119 last night, Mirko Cro Cop spoke to the Croatian press about the bout and his future in the sport.

“I never saw the knee,” Cro Cop he told www.jutarnji.hr regarding the strike that would lead to him being KO’d in the closing minute of the fight. “I’m sad because I don’t think I was any worse than him.”

According to the 36 year-old if he had just lasted a minute longer he may have sneaked a decision win over the former UFC champion.

“I apologize to everyone that I disappointed in Indianapolis, but I think I really had no luck. Had the fight went to the judges I think I had a chance, I might have even won.”

On reflection he admits that perhaps this was not a fight that he should have taken on short notice, but said that the UFC had paid him well and he couldn’t turn them down.

It’s been suggested that Cro Cop should now retire after his latest loss, but so far he’s says he’s made no decision on the matter.

“I don’t know if this fight will have ended my career. We will see what happens in the coming weeks.”

OneUnited

Reaction score
Are any of the fights worth watching? I couldn't be assed staying up so late to watch a foregone conclusion.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Are any of the fights worth watching? I couldn't be assed staying up so late to watch a foregone conclusion.

IMHO no. Low quality.

But then again, I watch everything from UFC. Always fun to watch UFC.

Does anyone follow the ultimate fighter? GPS and Koschek are coaches this season. Seems to be very good light-weights in the house.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
The video is fully loaded but it stops even after the fight begins.

Anyway, I'm just glad that someone putted down this arrogant redneck mother fucker.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
so much for lesnar being best fighter and better than fedor who is the best mma fighter ever.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Just watched the fight. Haha.

As said on a banner carried by some people in the crowd: "Yes We Cain".

Hillbilly son of a bitch.

OneUnited

Reaction score
For those with sleep disorders/located in the right time zone, Silva vs. Belfort is on later tonight.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
fc126silkobel.gif

Unbelievable.

Fucking unbelievable. Not one of my favs, but is he the greatest ever?? Won every fight in UFC, and I think it's his 8th or 9th consecutive title defence.

Do you know who thought him that kick (or help him perfect it)? You'd never guess :D :tongue:

OneUnited

Reaction score
Fucking unbelievable. Not one of my favs, but is he the greatest ever?? Won every fight in UFC, and I think it's his 8th or 9th consecutive title defence.

Do you know who thought him that kick (or help him perfect it)? You'd never guess :D :tongue:

Not as long as St-Pierre is still around and notching up the wins, but UFC doesn't suffer from the politics that boxing does, so we'll find out soon enough. Sonnen utilised his wrestling brilliantly against Silva, and Georges is an accomplished wrestler himself. I wouldn't like to call it.

I know Seagal was training with Silva before UFC 117, making one of the sport's finest combatants squeal like a little girl. Seems like Silva's benefiting by having him around. Add this one to the startling array of knockouts that he's inflicted on the likes of Fryklund, Griffin and Franklin. The Franklin one is still my favourite. Muay Thai at its finest.

ASilvafinFranklin.gif

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Not as long as St-Pierre is still around and notching up the wins, but UFC doesn't suffer from the politics that boxing does, so we'll find out soon enough. Sonnen utilised his wrestling brilliantly against Silva, and Georges is an accomplished wrestler himself. I wouldn't like to call it.

GSP or Silva - That's a tough one for sure. But as far as accomplishments, Silva has the upper hand. He's 13-0 in the UFC ffs, and don't get me started about how (easily) he has finished his opponents (or played with them like he did with Leites and Maia). GSP really have to work for his wins.

I don't know if Sonnen or GSP is the better wrestler, but Sonnen is a lot bigger. Don't know if GSP can hold Silva down like Sonnen did. But one thing's for sure, GSP's jiu jitsu is several levels above Sonnen.

I know Seagal was training with Silva before UFC 117, making one of the sport's finest combatants squeal like a little girl. Seems like Silva's benefiting by having him around. Add this one to the startling array of knockouts that he's inflicted on the likes of Fryklund, Griffin and Franklin. The Franklin one is still my favourite. Muay Thai at its finest.

Yeah, it was Seagal. This is almost comedy :tongue:

OneUnited

Reaction score
GSP or Silva - That's a tough one for sure. But as far as accomplishments, Silva has the upper hand. He's 13-0 in the UFC ffs, and don't get me started about how (easily) he has finished his opponents (or played with them like he did with Leites and Maia). GSP really have to work for his wins.

That's the thing about Georges. It's his capacity to adapt that serves him so well. After their first meeting had seen him dominated in his own discipline, Koscheck wanted to stand and exchange, but he was still outdone there. Also, despite beating Hardy by UD, it was said that he was disappointed and immediately questioned why he hadn't been able to submit the Brit. It's a great attitude.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
That's the thing about Georges. It's his capacity to adapt that serves him so well. After their first meeting had seen him dominated in his own discipline, Koscheck wanted to stand and exchange, but he was still outdone there. Also, despite beating Hardy by UD, it was said that he was disappointed and immediately questioned why he hadn't been able to submit the Brit. It's a great attitude.

Yeah, I'm absolutely not putting GSP down. He's fantastic and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he wins against Silva.

The fight between them is going to be the biggest MMA-fight of all time.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
When's Brock Lesnar's next fight?

OneUnited

Reaction score
June 11, Junior Dos Santos, winner fights Velasquez. They'll be coaching on the thirteenth season of The Ultimate Fighter. They really can't resist promoting Brock.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
June 11, Junior Dos Santos, winner fights Velasquez. They'll be coaching on the thirteenth season of The Ultimate Fighter. They really can't resist promoting Brock.

+1 What's you opinion about Him?

Personally I think he's 80% show and 20% fighter.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Yeah, he's mostly show. White is piggybacking on the image that Brock cultivated during his time in the wrestling industry, promoting him as a physical specimen capable of walking through opponents. He can, but what happens when he meets somebody who isn't physically overawed and won't get submitted by his non-existent BJJ skills? Velasquez showed us. The days of one-dimensional fighters are long gone.

His image is why he got this fight. Whilst the division isn't saturated with talent, he could still build his way back up. Coming off the back of such a comprehensive loss to face a fighter undefeated in the UFC? Not the most ideal preparation. Imagine if Junior decimates him. Where does he go from there.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
wow had totally forgotten about the new Strikeforce... thanks devil :star:

Fedor :proud:

OneUnited

Reaction score
Penn vs. Fitch was crap. Come to think of it, there's been a good few crap main events of late. I can't wait for Shogun vs. Jones.