European Coefficients Watch feat. Dr Galliani & co dominating the corridors of power

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just think that arsenal and chelsea are guaranteed to qualify for knockouts in cl, and those extra bonus points will sway it for them, Whilst Roma has a tough tough group

a quarter of all the points this season have already been flushed down the toilet.

remember bonus points or not you gotta divide them by eight. a couple of europa league wins is more valuable than bonus points for qualifying out of the CL group. and napoli, fiorentina, lazio should rack up a lot of wins

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
I don't think Serie A will have a successful season in Europa League this year. All teams will focus more on Serie A knowing that a Champions League spot is definitely within their reach. Watch out for Lazio, Fio, Napoli, Roma throwing matches here and there

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
a quarter of all the points this season have already been flushed down the toilet.

remember bonus points or not you gotta divide them by eight. a couple of europa league wins is more valuable than bonus points for qualifying out of the CL group. and napoli, fiorentina, lazio should rack up a lot of wins

Bonus points are very valuable, let me tell you why. If four English teams qualify to the next round in the CL (which should be the case realistically speaking) they'll each get 5 points, thats 20 points of bonus... 20/8 thats 2.5 coefficients points. That's huge.

Italy will need 15/6 points = 2.5 points to just match their bonus points. So italy will need 7 wins + 1 draw ONLY to match the bonus points.. and that's even ignoring the bonus points each of these 4 teams collected when they qualified to the CL (4 * 4 = 16/8 = 2 full coefficient points).

I don't think Serie A will have a successful season in Europa League this year. All teams will focus more on Serie A knowing that a Champions League spot is definitely within their reach. Watch out for Lazio, Fio, Napoli, Roma throwing matches here and there

I disagree. It will be harder for the the Italians to make it to 3rd spot this year than winning the EL. They should realistically target winning the EL to qualify directly to the CL, they wouldn't even have to go through qualifiers and fail to qualify like 4 Italians out of the last 5 years. That's an embarrassing stat.

I think they'll take it very seriously. They can't afford to ignore the EL anymore.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're ignoring the possibility that juve and roma could also qualify out of the group for 10 points. And those are only divided by 6

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're ignoring the possibility that juve and roma could also qualify out of the group for 10 points. And those are only divided by 6

I don't know if they will make it though, if we assume one of them makes it which sounds more realistic then that's 5 bonus points / 6, that still less than 1 full coefficient point.. if we get both of them through then that's 10 / 6, thats 1.667 points...

their bonus points will be 2.5, a difference of around 0.8333 meaning that we still will need 2 wins + a draw just to balance that out.

The bonus points are very important no matter how you put them... however, getting bonus points and go through to the KO round only to be eliminated could be worse than a team going to the EL and making it to the semi's - but that's very unlikely.

Tasht

Dreamer!!!
Reaction score
Man City will not qualify, 3 out of the 4 British teams will progress, I can bet on it.

and next year we will have all our big guns in Europe, no more Samps & Lazios.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I think against German and English opposition, it will be crucial to pick up maximum points.

Against City that was great. Against Leverkusen and Borussia M. the same thing has to happen.

As for El, I think Fiorentina will take it seriously.

Napoli will not because ADL thinks he is too good for the competition.

Lazio, it remains to be seen how they will handle the disappointment of missing out on CL.

Some good news:

http://www.espnfc.us/liverpool/stor...est-stars-for-bordeaux-clash-in-europa-league

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Shitaly is again behind after tonight? :lol:

huh?

"after tonight"?:lol:
Because Chelski finally won a game?

3 out of 4 EPL teams lost. That's 2p / 4 teams= 0.5p
Juve picked up 2p and Roma 1p. That's 3p / 2 teams= 1.5p

Don't let the CL bonus points fool you. Now comes the hard part for EPL; EL, six rounds of no bonuses, six teams' points split by 8.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the end calshio will prevail!
#coefficientforce

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Portugal will overtake Shitaly next year lel #2014RnB

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
I disagree. It will be harder for the the Italians to make it to 3rd spot this year than winning the EL.

Well I don't think so. Let's wait and see

Portugal will overtake Shitaly next year lel #2014RnB

Shitaly will overtake England next year lel #2015RnB

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Can we add Shitaly to the banned words on the forum? Reading it feels like someone is scratching a table.

And to be on topic: 4CL spot is coming, Fiorentina will be the one to deliver it. It makes sense, since with 3CL spots Milan will just steal theirs in the end by 3 points:D

xerazon

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
lol@liverpool drawing :lol:

they'll lose that 4th spot so badly

And Higuain is such a choker in front of the goal - it's not unbelievable.

Last edited:

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Q: If/when Serie A takes 3rd place this season, will the team finishing in 4th place this season get a CL spots next year or the season after this?

If PL lose the 4th CL spot for next season of CL, then Mourinho is fucked. His best chances of qualifying for CL would be to deliberately get the 3rd place in their shitty group and hope to win the EL.

BTW that is such a shitty rule, to let the 3rd place ranked team in the CL groups, automatically get a spot in EL play-offs. Not really fair against the "shittier" teams in EL.

xerazon

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If Serie A gets the 3rd place this year it will count for the 16/17 season.
So who ever finishes 4th in the Serie A sason 16/17 would have the chance to qualify for the CL.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Serie A did good this week, but they could have done even better

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
If Serie A gets the 3rd place this year it will count for the 16/17 season.
So who ever finishes 4th in the Serie A sason 16/17 would have the chance to qualify for the CL.

No, I think it will count for 17/18

there is 1 season delay in it

seriea

Beginner
Reaction score
It's not. If Serie A gets ~4 more points that Premier League in current season, Italy will have 4 teams in CL in 2016/17. It is not gonna happen tho.

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's not. If Serie A gets ~4 more points that Premier League in current season, Italy will have 4 teams in CL in 2016/17. It is not gonna happen tho.

I read something from Gab Marcotti who said it would be 2017/18. It makes sense really, because you can't have all these sides being under the impression that they can make nth place and make it / not make it and it changes all of a sudden. Simply, the spots that are awarded this season should stay as they are.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

umm no. If Serie A surpasses EPL this season, there would be one season(16/17) needed to decide which teams get the 4 CL spots. Serie A would have 4 teams in 17/18 CL if they qualify.

Think for a minute. The amount of CL spots are decided before and not after the season.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
:eek:

So soon ?

Not really. Spots for 2016/17 are already confirmed. Should Italy overtake England* this season that would mean 4 CL spots for 2017/18. Should it happen after season 2016/2017, the effect will take place in 2018/19

* - c'mon, it aint happening this season.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Please just delete this gobbi wanker. :fp: Shitposter always spreading his ignorance about Europe.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think he's right guys.... i think we would have 4 spots in the CL next season if we surpass England's total this season

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think he's right guys.... i think we would have 4 spots in the CL next season if we surpass England's total this season
No. 4 teams will be able to qualify in 16/17 to compete in the17/18 season. This season it's 3 teams that can qualify and 3 teams will play next season.