All About Music

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
I'm watching the whole Unplugged session now. Layne was really fucked up then + Jerry had to carry him thru quite a bit here + there...

'I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied...'

What could have been if he hadn't worshipped God Smack ?
Jerry was actually sick that evening, before and after he was on stage. He said he felt good on stage.

Imo Layne has the best voice I've ever heard. Ever heard Mad Season?
Mad Season was formed in 1994 by the trio of Mike McCready (guitar), Barrett Martin (drums) and John Baker Saunders (bass). All three had long been a part of the Seattle music community with McCready playing in such bands as Pearl Jam and Temple of the Dog, Martin with Skin Yard and the Screaming Trees and Saunders with The Walkabouts as well as blues talents such as Little Pat Rushing, Hubert Sumlin, Sammy Fender, and the Lamont Cranston Band.

Immediately the trio set up rehearsal time together and wrote two songs, "Wake Up" and "River of Deceit", both of which would later appear on their album Above. McCready then brought in friend and Alice in Chains frontman Layne Staley to round out the lineup.

Also very, very good music. I think Layne's voice is perfect on some of their songs

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Marcus said:
snn, like the violator status you got, never would have guessed you are a depeche mode fan :D
LOL :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
teis said:
The best band ever is Alice in Chains. Nothing else even comes close!
My favorite AiC song: "Man In the Box."

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
My favorite AiC song: "Man In the Box."
Mine is Nutshell, from the Unplugged album. I think it's the best album I've ever heard

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini

Dora

Freedom Spirit
Reaction score
Uriah Heep - god, i always loved them, since i was a little kid, always been one of my favorites :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Not really a huge rock fan aside from the obvious ... Led, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple + some other songs here and there like Hotel California, Nothing Else Matters, quite a few Red Hot Chili Peppers tracks, + some others. Also had a phase where I was a huge (still am but not as much) Prodigy + Nine Inch Nails fan ... loved Fragile + Fat Of The Land.

For now, Let's give it up for the King of NY ... clear skies, sunshine aplenty after months, hence, having a few beers. Tend to listen to him when I have a couple or more ...

One of my favorite movie scenes with a favorite song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvUxoJK1Ces&mode=related&search=

And another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilYr9wwd-bk

Edit: even it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcnGmVFvhKA&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYdNddVQU9o&NR=1

And here's one of my top five songs ... don't mind the crappy drifters at the start, there's 50 Cent vid with some hot numbers in it ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f-Vq2te9s7Y

Man, ama lovin dis Gangsta Shit ... anyone wanna fuck wit me today ?? :devilfir: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Not really a huge rock fan aside from the obvious ... Led, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple + some other songs here and there like Hotel California, Nothing Else Matters, quite a few Red Hot Chili Peppers tracks, + some others. Also had a phase where I was a huge (still am but not as much) Prodigy + Nine Inch Nails fan ... loved Fragile + Fat Of The Land.

For now, Let's give it up for the King of NY ... clear skies, sunshine aplenty after months, hence, having a few beers. Tend to listen to him when I have a couple or more ...

One of my favorite movie scenes with a favorite song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvUxoJK1Ces&mode=related&search=

And another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilYr9wwd-bk

Edit: even it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcnGmVFvhKA&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYdNddVQU9o&NR=1

And here's one of my top five songs ... don't mind the crappy drifters at the start, there's 50 Cent vid with some hot numbers in it ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f-Vq2te9s7Y

Man, ama lovin dis Gangsta Shit ... anyone wanna fuck wit me today ?? :devilfir: :rolleyes:
You can't call that 'Gangsta shit' stuff music. And 50 Cent? What's he doing in this topic? It's about music. I don't go posting about The Flinstones in a topic about Milan

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
teis said:
You can't call that 'Gangsta shit' stuff music. And 50 Cent? What's he doing in this topic? It's about music. I don't go posting about The Flinstones in a topic about Milan

Great post :star:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Not everyone likes the same things as you do... if it were so the world would be really boring and monotonous
it's music, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not music
respect other people's opinion and tastes

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Appetite for destruction was the best album I've heard. First time I heard i i listened to it 3 or 4 times consecutively. The again I haven't listened to every band eve, so this is purely a biased opinion, but it was a great album nonetheless.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Maroon 5 are finally back ;)

Makes me wonder: 'I still don't have the reason, and you don't have the time, and it really makes me wonder if I ever gave a fuck about you'

Check it out

ps. RHCP fuckin' rule =)

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milanista10 said:
Appetite for destruction was the best album I've heard

By Guns n Roses.. the best hard Rock band ever !!!

by the way... this is a Heavy Metall band From Kosovo. Great song, great music.

Enjoy

Last edited:

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
vani_pirlo_21 said:
Not everyone likes the same things as you do... if it were so the world would be really boring and monotonous
it's music, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not music
respect other people's opinion and tastes
Ok, but techno is not music and that 'gansta' shit is just plain stupid. 99% of their fans like them because they run around pointing guns at eachother. I don't consider that music

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
teis said:
Ok, but techno is not music and that 'gansta' shit is just plain stupid. 99% of their fans like them because they run around pointing guns at eachother. I don't consider that music
Well.. you could also say heavy metal is dumb. Esp. in its more extreme forms... where vocalists grunt rather than sing + people burn churches + sacrifice chickens + prolly virgins too ;)

To each their own.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA', Van Persie, Fabregas, Wallcot, Gourcuff, Simic, X. Alonso...
Maroon 5.... :) I love them!!

Last edited:

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
My favorite type of Music is rock, but it doesn't mean that I don't listen to anything else ... there are some great songs which aren't rock songs that I like.

My favorite band of all time is Guns 'N' Roses, and favorite band currently is Nickelback ... I like others too like:

- Metallica
- Bon Jovi
- Linkin Park
- Three Days Grace
- Story of the Year
- Breaking Benjamin
- Bullet for my Valentine
- Anastacia
- Avril Lavigne
- Evanesence

and many many others ...

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Well.. you could also say heavy metal is dumb. Esp. in its more extreme forms... where vocalists grunt rather than sing + people burn churches + sacrifice chickens + prolly virgins too ;)

To each their own.
I don't disagree. But there is good heavy metal. And I have never heard good techno nor anything good 'gangsta' style.

And about burning chursches and sacrificing animals, that is just plain dumb

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Milanista10 said:
Appetite for destruction was the best album I've heard.

Faяouk said:
My favorite band of all time is Guns 'N' Roses

Damn right!! ;)

They are my favorite all time band as well. I cant wait for Chinese Democracy to finally come out! From more ''contemporary'' bands i really like Placebo. I've watched them live a few times and they sound even better than they do on the records(it may sound as if i'm exaggerating, but Molko's voice is out of this world!)

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Axl said:
Damn right!! ;)

They are my favorite all time band as well. I cant wait for Chinese Democracy to finally come out!
You can wait a lifetime for that. Can't you realize that Velvet Revolver is the sh!t now. They were supposed to make a new album too and before Axl can get his sh!t together.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^^ LOL... was just listening to GnR's 'Madagascar'... but I really think Axl is embarrassing to watch with his facelift + fake hair + failing voice + ALL THAT.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Axl was and(according to some) could still be a great frontman. Yeah, he looks like a weirdo now, but i dont really judge musicians by their appearance :tongue:

@Jasper: Velvet Revolver is a good band, i agree. As far as Chinese Democracy is concerned, it will come out eventually since all the recording and stuff is finished. Obviously i wouldnt treat it as a gnr album, but im still a fan of Axl(and Izzy and Slash and Duff) ;)

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
The Beatles! :star:
beatles.jpg

370_beatles.jpg

Call me old fashioned, but these guys are amazing! ;)
A Day In The Life
Help!
Yesterday
Yellow Submarine
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Penny Lane
Eleanor Rigby
Strawberry Fields Forever
Let It Be
I'm Only Sleeping
Get Back
Norwegian Wood
All You Need Is Love... I could go on forever :tongue:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Axl said:
l(and Izzy and Slash and Duff) ;)
They all at VR now? Damn VR really rocks in a old-fashoined way. Axl is just wannabe Ali G these days
axlrose.jpg

Chinese Democracy has been finished for ages too. It's just so sh!t and Axl knows he can't put out such an album so he postpones it forever.

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Passion for *9* said:

To each their own.
but then you'd be classed - and rightly so - a fucking ignorant person .:)
Which is the exact reason you made that post, but just thought I'd point it out ;)

Anyone into any psytrance here?

I dig it a lot...