Stephan El Shaarawy Thread

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
i really wish he was playin 2night, his really impressed so far or at least a bench role , suppose he can just bash lil teams

Ruey

Beginner
Reaction score
El Shaarawy is our last hope, otherwise, we must wait until JAnuary's mercato, in which perdiod we will be at the 10th position in the general ranking of Serie A

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
El Shaarawy is our last hope, otherwise, we must wait until JAnuary's mercato, in which perdiod we will be at the 10th position in the general ranking of Serie A

last hope? that would be a sad day

HOw about wishing for a better Robinho

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Allegri cant take the responsabilities of letting this kid playing as the trequartista.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Allegri cant take the responsabilities of letting this kid playing as the trequartista.

Why - we play Prince their all the time as runner proving that if we slot him there he doesnt have to be responsible for creating the play.

I think the only reason for not playing him their is defensive setup but Prince/Aquilani have been underwhelming as well. Milan and Italian philosophy, dont count on kids prevailing.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
If he fails.. the blame goes to the kid or to his coach? Allegri knows that.. the press wont trash a 18yrs old kid.

Allegri needs courage to let this kid play.. and take the consequences on his own.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is he considered a flop to you so far?

.....he did earn us a point.

im not considering him nothing. :)

Allegri is the one watching him training every single day.

Why he doesnt play him?

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
I just wish Allegri has more confidence and trust in young/new players.

It's maddening seeing the same 30+ y/o playing

Reaction score
I just wish Allegri has more confidence and trust in young/new players.

It's maddening seeing the same 30+ y/o playing

I agree, but is throwing an 18 y/o into the fire against Juve really the best thing for his development either? The way I look at him is that his confidence and development should come first at least, this season. He has great potential but we need to be careful in cultivating it. It is infuriating seeing Seedorf out there after playing every game this month but we have other options like Aquillani, Emanuelson, Boateng for AM and our star studded attack. The point is he is still a work in progress and I feel that he could become something great but rushing him into high pressure situations like Juve could be a mistake. Allegri doesn't need to rush him but he does need to learn that players like Seedorf, van Bommel, and Nesta can't play every game and they need to be rotated with younger players like those mentioned above and insert El Shaarawy regularly into games that will benefit his development.

This Is Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
it's great how only in Italy there's this mentality of "we shouldn't rush young players. In the german most teams play with many young players, just look at Dortmund. They just immediately let all of their young talents play. I'm not saying that we should end up with a pedo line-up but at least use 3 of our greatest talents on a regular and serios basis. Unlike we did Gourcuff who mostly played 10 minutes when we were leading 2-0. Manchester and Arsenal do the same. It's just the italian teams who are failing to let young homegrown talents break into their starting XI's. If he's just half the talent he's supposed to be he should definitily play more than he does right now. How could anyone seriously doubt that he would have been a better SS than Emanuelson who has never played that position before?

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
it's great how only in Italy there's this mentality of "we shouldn't rush young players. In the german most teams play with many young players, just look at Dortmund. They just immediately let all of their young talents play. I'm not saying that we should end up with a pedo line-up but at least use 3 of our greatest talents on a regular and serios basis. Unlike we did Gourcuff who mostly played 10 minutes when we were leading 2-0. Manchester and Arsenal do the same. It's just the italian teams who are failing to let young homegrown talents break into their starting XI's. If he's just half the talent he's supposed to be he should definitily play more than he does right now. How could anyone seriously doubt that he would have been a better SS than Emanuelson who has never played that position before?

Almost all of Dortmund's "youngsters" had 40+ apps in Bund.2 or other premier leagues before they became regular first team players...its not like they gave all of them their debut season last year ...young ,but experienced ....Italy just aren't giving players a chance to gain exp .(read:need to change short-term mindset)

Last edited:

This Is Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This may apply to many of them but still players like Götze, Sahin and Hummels had no serious experience(only Hummels played some games for the Bayern amateur team) when they debuted, for Götze it even was his first pro-season.

I agree with you: our talents don't gain experience. The italian mentality is to let them gain experience by training with the pros without actually playing any competitive football. We've seen how useful it is. Off all our talents the only one's who actually gained some experience are Strasser and Merkel, who are now finding it hard to break into their respective teams first XI's (for various reasons). In Serie B there's luckily Verdi and Oduamadi who are getting some games.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
This may apply to many of them but still players like Götze, Sahin and Hummels had no serious experience(only Hummels played some games for the Bayern amateur team) when they debuted, for Götze it even was his first pro-season.

I agree with you: our talents don't gain experience. The italian mentality is to let them gain experience by training with the pros without actually playing any competitive football. We've seen how useful it is. Off all our talents the only one's who actually gained some experience are Strasser and Merkel, who are now finding it hard to break into their respective teams first XI's (for various reasons). In Serie B there's luckily Verdi and Oduamadi who are getting some games.

Firstly ...Gotze is the greatest ever :proud:...no surprise that he led them to the title;) ...he was always regarded as a great talent ...was immense in U/age competitions....It was Gotze's second season ,he made a few cameos in 09-10

Sahin -same as Gotze ...immensely talented ,but played bit-part role until end 09-09 season where he became a first team staple

Like you said Hummels played some games for the reserve team and then like Nuri played a bit-part role...he only really became a regular last season

All three are btw extremely talented ,my point was rather to the slightly less talented players who need time and exp and got that gradually (something that rarely takes place in Italy) ...players like Schmelzer ,Grosskruetz etc

Yeah the Italian mentality is to favour experience over youth to have higher level of control and lower level of risk :head:

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
urby is useless he just runs n runs but doesnt do anything. stephan shouild be given more of a chance. he needs time to build with the team on proper match day experience. he is a talent but we cant expect our youth players to become superstars when they are not given a chance.....why renew ambro contract?? i do not know. id rather play a youth player then have ambro coming on as as ub

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
nice sig agsgua

el92 should be used as AM

max was forcedd to use him as S cause except for fantonio everybody else was injured

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Hypothesis El Sharawaay in purple;a loan up to June. That's the headline on milannews. I wouldn't be surprised. I find it ironic that we laugh at Madrid for ruining talents when we are not far behind.
Also, I don't understand why the fans at the San Siro want Carletto back. With all due respect of course but that's the person who said Abate wasn't ever in his plans. He also did all he could to be rid of Gourcuff so his beloved Emerson would play.

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
Hypothesis El Sharawaay in purple;a loan up to June. That's the headline on milannews. I wouldn't be surprised. I find it ironic that we laugh at Madrid for ruining talents when we are not far behind.
Also, I don't understand why the fans at the San Siro want Carletto back. With all due respect of course but that's the person who said Abate wasn't ever in his plans. He also did all he could to be rid of Gourcuff so his beloved Emerson would play.

How is not wanting Abate is a con and not a pro fir Carlo? Abate and the vast majority of our squad are not even close to being Milan material.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
How is not wanting Abate is a con and not a pro fir Carlo? Abate and the vast majority of our squad are not even close to being Milan material.

He might not be Milan material but he is the closest we've got. Besides you didn't comment on Gourcuff and Emerson.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
How did he not get called up to any of the Italy youth national teams?

I want to see him at CAM when we actually have strikers available than just at SS

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Tuesday 11 October, 2011 El Shaarawy to stay at Milan

The agent of Stephan El Shaarawy doesn’t believe the “strange” transfer rumours circulating around the Milan youngster.

Stories over the past week have suggested that the 19-year-old could be sent to Fiorentina in January as part of a deal that would see Riccardo Montolivo arrive at Milanello.

I’ve read the stories too, but I don’t know anything about them,” representative Roberto La Florio told TMW.

However, it would be strange for Milan to let go of a player who they have recently invested so heavily on.

I don’t think that Milan will let him go just six months after his arrival. The agreed project was that he would mature and be managed at Milanello.”

The attacker joined Milan from Genoa in a co-ownership deal worth €7m and which also saw Alexander Merkel move to Marassi.

He’s made three Serie A appearances for Milan so far this term and scored in the 1-1 draw with Udinese.

Yes Yes Yes SE92 stays in Milan.

SHeVa_Mx

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten,Weah, Sheva, Maldini, Boban, Rui Costa, Kaká, El Shaarawy
Ridiculous rumors about El Shaarawy´s loan come on!!

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
he should play in his in left AM.
with good amount of time playing in milan, he could be italian biggest assets.
no doubt on his skill.
he still needs to prove himself though.
we saw what happened to gourcuff.
i don't want the same happen with him.

Schedule