Massimiliano Allegri Thread II

Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
allegri lacked in making subs, i wouldnt say he failed to adapt, against barcelona he had milan play something very similar to that of catenaccio.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They didn't exactly regress when they cashed in on Falcao without buying a replacement, but I think Simeone would love to have Costa back. They're yet to find a proper replacement.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He felt cashing in on them would help improve his team and it did (the core of his team is very young and experienced) but Simeone needs a new RB and CF.

Chelsea triggered the buy out clause for Costa and Luis. Atletico already brought one back and is trying to get the other back too. Atletico just had to deal with their departures by bringing replacements. They never thought that selling the best forward and best fullback on the team is a good idea.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atletico is a weird club though.
All the money involved in their transfers in and out seem to belong to third party owners.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chelsea triggered the buy out clause for Costa and Luis. Atletico already brought one back and is trying to get the other back too. Atletico just had to deal with their departures by bringing replacements. They never thought that selling the best forward and best fullback on the team is a good idea.

Yeah they're a club that doesn't hesitate to sell if they get a good offer but they also know how to reinvest the money.

Atletico is a weird club though.
All the money involved in their transfers in and out seem to belong to third party owners.

Now that you mention it, isn't Doyen Sports heavily involved with them?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I think the biggest question advocates for Allegri should answer is ... what made him pick Van Bomel over Pirlo? :lol: :fp:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I think the biggest question advocates for Allegri should answer is ... what made him pick Van Bomel over Pirlo? :lol: :fp:

Pirlo had literally been bang average for like 4 years, while MVB immediately gave the team a solid spine.

In truth, he picked Seedorf over Pirlo, as Seedorf was in great form when Pirlo was injured and Pirlo couldn't get back in the team.

He made the right choices. In hindsight, we know Pirlo did very well at Juventus but also that his heart wasn't in Milan and he'd have continued to be shit.

Plus, saying Allegri giving Pirlo to Juventus gave them the title is a bit fake as Juventus should have never won that first title.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Uhm ... have we been witnessing the same turn of events?

Allegri convinced the Milan management that Pirlo was done. They weren't expecting him to compete at the highest levels for the next three years. That despite being fit for most his previous seasons until his last when he was out for half of the season ...

I think we know what level Pirlo played in for the ensuing three seasons ... not only for Juve but for Italy as well.

And where did the then called Boss lead us to? Well, thats for all to see ...

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Pirlo had literally been bang average for like 4 years, while MVB immediately gave the team a solid spine.

In truth, he picked Seedorf over Pirlo, as Seedorf was in great form when Pirlo was injured and Pirlo couldn't get back in the team.

He made the right choices. In hindsight, we know Pirlo did very well at Juventus but also that his heart wasn't in Milan and he'd have continued to be shit.

Plus, saying Allegri giving Pirlo to Juventus gave them the title is a bit fake as Juventus should have never won that first title.

Apart from the blatantly absurd last sentence, good post. He just wasnt motivated to play for us. Should have cashed in to Madrid

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not just them.
Qatari fund who owns Cerci, random South American investment groups, Mendes etc. Very shady club.

The top 3 in Spain have some shady business going on (Barcelona, Real, and Atletico) but at least it's bringing success in the present. However, I do expect them to fall into hard times once their current squads grow old (both financially and football wise).

Uhm ... have we been witnessing the same turn of events?

Allegri convinced the Milan management that Pirlo was done. They weren't expecting him to compete at the highest levels for the next three years. That despite being fit for most his previous seasons until his last when he was out for half of the season ...

I think we know what level Pirlo played in for the ensuing three seasons ... not only for Juve but for Italy as well.

And where did the then called Boss lead us to? Well, thats for all to see ...

You do know Pirlo would have been useless if he stayed with us right? Pirlo needs a mobile midfield in order to succeed. He wouldn't have had that in our 2011-12 Milan team and it's obvious why Allegri would choose van Bommel instead of Pirlo.

Our team needed an anchor more than a regista.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Juventus' last 15 games in Serie A:
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Goals: 35
Conceded: 6
Clean sheets: 10
Top of the league!

The best coach in Europe. I'm happy that I was one from few fans against sacking him in January 2014.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Congratulations to Allegri for winning yet another scudetto. Shame it is with Ladri, though.

Best coach in the world this season.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, take your fap sessions elsewhere. Best coach in the world :lol:

507851a89c9d6e2444307aec8ebe1d52.jpg

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He is. I'm sorry that you are you and can't see that.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
He is. I'm sorry that you are you and can't see that.

I'm not blinded by fanboyism like you and Kuja are. Saying he's a better coach than Enrique this season or Ranieri who is pulling rainbows out of his ass with Leicester. All because he created a shit situation for himself beginning of the season (as he always does) only to finally meet expectations 6 months later.

Please.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I will put a dead baboon at Barca and he would win the treble. Please don't bring up Enrique. Ranieri, yes, he's doing very great. Second best coach in the world this season.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Allegri does not suck.

Case closed!

New case opened:

How good is allegri? Top 5 in Europe atm?

maybe.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe? Bruh, 15 games won in a row. Please.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not blinded by fanboyism like you and Kuja are. Saying he's a better coach than Enrique this season or Ranieri who is pulling rainbows out of his ass with Leicester. All because he created a shit situation for himself beginning of the season (as he always does) only to finally meet expectations 6 months later.

Please.

Enrique:lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Please.

1. Enrique has not won 15 games in a row as I know.
2. Allegri is not playing with Messi and Neymar but with Dybala and Morata.
3. Ranieri is doing well in a league where there are no tactics at all, they started the season with fodders like Rodgers, Van Gaal, Pellegrini etc.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Should probably water down the allegri argument and say he's top 5 in form vs an overall career top 5 for active coaches

But...

Allegri has done this twice now- taken a team that had a shitty start and dramatically... No... Historically turned things around.

that counts for something. He's damn good.

I think it may be time for people to start eating some crow.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I'm not gonna talk about how good Allegri is, cause I'm too pissed right now

3 are the moments that made our last 5 years
-1- Not selling Pato
-2- Not investing one dime after getting to CL after the 2012-13 season despite passing the playoffs.
-3- Pushing out Allegri to replace him with Seedorf/Inzaghi :fp:

We could have built something and we fucked it up.

Grazie Presidente!!!

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
What I didn't like about him is that he is a bit limited and it shows when he doesn't have a very good squad or when he is losing a game. Rarely have I seen him turn the game around after losing the 1st half for example.

If he has the players he needs, then he's pretty good at creating a winning plan for the game. Only problem is when something unexpected happens...

Considering this, if Juve keep improving the squad or if he goes to a richer team, I think he can win the CL. But I wouldn't like him too much even then.

Are you serious?

In the last years I have seen Milan only with Allegri scoring goals in minutes 70-90 to get a draw or a win, many times 2 goals. It never happened with Mihajlovic or Inzaghi.

bdtxWLO.jpg

y5esMal.jpg

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
In his first season here, Allegri never came back from a losing position to win.

This changed with the Lecce game(I believe) and from then he was very good at saving results.

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm not gonna talk about how good Allegri is, cause I'm too pissed right now

3 are the moments that made our last 5 years
-1- Not selling Pato
-2- Not investing one dime after getting to CL after the 2012-13 season despite passing the playoffs.
-3- Pushing out Allegri to replace him with Seedorf/Inzaghi :fp:

We could have built something and we fucked it up.

Grazie Presidente!!!

Hope you dont mind, i will add one of my own

Berlu dictating that the team play 4-3-1-2 after we made it to CL that season. Completely ruined everything they worked for during the season along with that horrible transfer campaign

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
1. Enrique has not won 15 games in a row as I know.
Yeah, youre right. He went 28 in all competitions
2. Allegri is not playing with Messi and Neymar but with Dybala and Morata.
As if that makes a difference.
3. Ranieri is doing well in a league where there are no tactics at all, they started the season with fodders like Rodgers, Van Gaal, Pellegrini etc.
Honestly, is this even worth refuting? Ranieri has a subpar if not entirely mediocre squad bar like 3 players and consistently outperforming teams that have 10x their quality. Theyre still 1st for fuck sake. Pellegrini is not fodder and Van Gaal the same. Pellegrini coached madrid some years back and i believe the same for Van Gaal. Van Gaal did wonders with that Holland squad in the world cup. Pellegrini has won the league what, every other year since hes been at City.

At least attempt to conceal your fanboyism.

Schedule