Massimiliano Allegri Thread II

Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
There's no doubt his system played a big part in making players like Xavi effective and protecting his weak defense but he can only pull it off with certain teams.

That's the reason why he went to Bayern. Heynckes set up a great base that only needed a few tweaks here and there to play the type of football Guardiola likes.

Pep is the type of coach who will never leave his comfort zone and makes his teams play a very repetitive football style that can easily be countered by a fast and defensively organized team. In all his years at Bayern he still hasn't learned how to adapt to his players and this is why he keeps crashing out in the UCL semifinals every year when he faces a strong team that exposes his high line of defense.
*Van Gaal
Schweini, Lahm etc. credit Van Gaal with bringing Bayern into the modern footballing world, teaching them positional play, and setting up Heynckes with a great base.

Pep wants to play a certain way. He values that above immediate success. I respect that immensely.
:devilehh:

You're right.

Pep ruined Bayern and made the players waste their prime.
Bayern knew exactly what they were getting into when they brought in Pep. Hoeness wanted Bayern to have a more attractive footballing "style" and continue playing that way and build a legacy. How can you blame Pep for doing exactly what's asked of him?

And ruining the Bayern players prime? What? Robben had his best year last year. Muller is a machine (albeit a very quirky, unique one) who's play cannot be ruined by bad coaching. Neuer was at his best last year. Boateng has been transformed into the most complete CB in the world right now. Ribery and Javi had been totally fucked by injuries. Gotze, OK, but I blame him more than Pep. Schweini was declining, still had solid performances in the first year. Lahm reinvented, imo not for the best. Alaba, ehh, could go either way, he's become better defensively.
Poor reasoning. By definition, the greater difficulty surmounted, the more impressive the achievement.

Being blessed with Rijkaard's already well working machine that had already won the league and CL, Rijkaard improved it. He had one of the greatest supporting casts of all time.

He wasn't quite able to replicate this with a different but no less talented squad at Bayern....so from where I sit, it seems that he wasn't quite the football genius he's made out to be.
Rijkaard's last year, Barca finished close to 20 points behind Real, got a piss easy run in the CL until they were knocked out by United, Ronaldinho was fucking around and he had lost the team. Yea prior to that too, they didn't win shit.
Messi was already cracking skulls under Rijkaard. Sure he continued to grow but that was because he was like 17.
These are huge assumptions. Messi got blooded into the system under Rijkaard....and grew stronger each year. He also was fortunate to play with and learn from the likes of Ronaldinho and Eto'o....don't credit all to Pep. If anything, you can credit the rise and dominance of Xavi heavily to Pep as he trusted Xavi more than Rijkaard did.
False. 9. Complete game changer. Took Messi, and Barca to the next level.

No doubt Messi would have achieved his potential without Pep, but you can't deny Pep had a huge influence on him, as well as Iniesta and Xavi.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Pep generally gets results, but I just cannot stand his team's mentality and playing style.

I do think, however, that he should do better in the CL considering the two teams he's managed.

I mean he's managed only two of the best teams of the era and he's only won 2 CLs? I mean, sure, he's got to the semi at least every time, but it's disappointing.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
qk4F6pp.jpg

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Like I give a crap.

He should do better in the CL given his teams.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Mate iniesta and xavi were already great under rojkaar. Especially iniesta. He played against us in 06.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
2/4 CLs with Barca is good enough, considering no team has won it twice in a row.

Only been 2 and a half years with Bayern, at least wait and see what he can accomplish this year before criticizing him for not winning enough in 2 bloody years.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
What can pep do with milan's 2013 squad?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
people comparing Pep with Allegri????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't you know... Allegris a GOAT

#45MinutesAwayFromATreble

*Van Gaal
Schweini, Lahm etc. credit Van Gaal with bringing Bayern into the modern footballing world, teaching them positional play, and setting up Heynckes with a great base.

Pep wants to play a certain way. He values that above immediate success. I respect that immensely.

Bayern knew exactly what they were getting into when they brought in Pep. Hoeness wanted Bayern to have a more attractive footballing "style" and continue playing that way and build a legacy. How can you blame Pep for doing exactly what's asked of him?

And ruining the Bayern players prime? What? Robben had his best year last year. Muller is a machine (albeit a very quirky, unique one) who's play cannot be ruined by bad coaching. Neuer was at his best last year. Boateng has been transformed into the most complete CB in the world right now. Ribery and Javi had been totally fucked by injuries. Gotze, OK, but I blame him more than Pep. Schweini was declining, still had solid performances in the first year. Lahm reinvented, imo not for the best. Alaba, ehh, could go either way, he's become better defensively.

Rijkaard's last year, Barca finished close to 20 points behind Real, got a piss easy run in the CL until they were knocked out by United, Ronaldinho was fucking around and he had lost the team. Yea prior to that too, they didn't win shit.

False. 9. Complete game changer. Took Messi, and Barca to the next level.

No doubt Messi would have achieved his potential without Pep, but you can't deny Pep had a huge influence on him, as well as Iniesta and Xavi.

Perfect :thumbsup:

People jumping on the Huynckes bandwagon tho :lol:

How many of them even knew just how good Bayern were prior to the 4-0 demoilition of Juve and then the 7-0 :fp:

6 trophies in one year :lol:

GOAT

Sorry leaf but he is in that category alongside Carlo, Sacchi, Capello, Van Gaal, Cruyff, Wenger :smileani:

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
LVG is not in that category

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What can pep do with milan's 2013 squad?

What could Allegri have doen with a Barca side that had just finished 20 points behind Real in the league ?

You might be impressed with a manager finishing 3rd lel.. that too in one of the weakest leagues in Europe.

But most would be impressed with a manager winning all 6 trophies his club were entered for.

And before you start to mention the players that left, dont forget that some of the senatores left because of allegro

Funny thing is Peps worst league finish is 2nd... and Semi in the UCL... whilst allegro has made it to ONE semi final in his whole career :lol:

Allegris such a great manager that his star studded juve team is 10th in the table :lol:

oh yeah and seeing as you love to mention 2013 bla bla bla bla... how come his sorry ass got fired in 2014? :lol:

Oh yeah, the goat amassed 22 points from 19 games :fp:

What players left us in that season then ?

Players can't wait to leave when Allegro takes over, yet with Pep they love him to bits and want to stay and learn the proper way that the game should be played :love:

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Don't you know... Allegris a GOAT

#45MinutesAwayFromATreble

Perfect :thumbsup:

People jumping on the Huynckes bandwagon tho :lol:

How many of them even knew just how good Bayern were prior to the 4-0 demoilition of Juve and then the 7-0 :fp:

6 trophies in one year :lol:

GOAT

Sorry leaf but he is in that category alongside Carlo, Sacchi, Capello, Van Gaal, Cruyff, Wenger :smileani:
He wont he six titles with the absolute best players in any team and with a lot of assists from the officials. You'd hardly find a team as favoured as that Barcelona team. Sure he did it....but with a lot of help...and if you were to include LVG and Wenger in that list, then I can't complain about Pep being there.
Committed suicide.

:lol::thumbsup:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What could Allegri have doen with a Barca side that had just finished 20 points behind Real in the league ?

You might be impressed with a manager finishing 3rd lel.. that too in one of the weakest leagues in Europe.

But most would be impressed with a manager winning all 6 trophies his club were entered for.

And before you start to mention the players that left, dont forget that some of the senatores left because of allegro

Funny thing is Peps worst league finish is 2nd... and Semi in the UCL... whilst allegro has made it to ONE semi final in his whole career :lol:

Allegris such a great manager that his star studded juve team is 10th in the table :lol:

oh yeah and seeing as you love to mention 2013 bla bla bla bla... how come his sorry ass got fired in 2014? :lol:

Players can't wait to leave when Allegro takes over, yet with Pep they love him to bits and want to stay and learn the proper way that the game should be played :love:

Oh mass u funny kid. I love this guy. Hahaha cmon mate, you would know that our 2014 squad was even weaker than our 2013. Relatively speaking compared to our competitors cause every other top team reinforced their squad. We dint, hence we had poor results. You often randomly compare two totally different versions of milan's squads out of whim without analysing the mitigating factors that would actually portray allegri as a good coach despite the poor performances the team has produced in his final stint as coach of milan. What makes you think that allegri cant achieve what enrique did with barca? In fact allegri would be an ideal coach for the current chelsea team. Give him a proper midfield and he will ensure that the team delivers. His star studded team was actually not the favourites against dortmund btw. Almost everyone here mentioned that dortmund would slaughter jube despite being 10th in their league. And lo, jube demolished them. Jube were never contenders for the ucl in the first place that year, yet allegri managed to extract every remaining bit of potential in his team to great effect and he helped jube reach the final for the first time in 10 years.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Agree with leaf. If u(massaro) put wenger and van gaal in the goat candidate list then i agree pep should be there as well. But for me the greatest coaches are (in no particular order):
Carlo
Heynckes
Cruyff
Capello
Sacchi
Hiddink (yes psv)
Del bosque (severely underrated) possible GOAT along with carlo
Mourinho
Lippi
Ferguson
Trappatoni
Hitzfield
Mourinho

Bitch ass ***** pep is the greatest of the second tier list of great coaches. Pep could be the most overrated coach of all time.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Agree with leaf. If u(massaro) put wenger and van gaal in the goat candidate list then i agree pep should be there as well. But for me the greatest coaches are (in no particular order):
Carlo
Heynckes
Cruyff
Capello
Sacchi
Hiddink (yes psv)
Mourinho
Lippi
Ferguson
Trappatoni
Hitzfield
Mourinho

Bitch ass ***** pep is the greatest of the second tier list of great coaches. Pep could be the most overrated coach of all time.
:star::star::star::star::star:
Totally agree with you here...esp the VDB part. He won two CL's, a Euro and a World Cup.....granted it was with some super talented teams...but retaining a Euro and then winning a World Cup is a fucking unbelievable achievement.

Not sure I want/like Trap there though....not that he's bad by any stretch....it's just that his teams have played a LOT of shit football lately.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yup. I have no problems with anyone who suggests that del bosque is the GOAT rather than carlo. Although i will still say carlo :o cause i am biased.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Greatest league coach could be capello? Or ferguson maybe? Perhaps trappatoni as well. He won a lot of scudetti.
Greatest ucl/cup competition coach - either carlo or del bosque/heynckes.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He wont he six titles with the absolute best players in any team and with a lot of assists from the officials. You'd hardly find a team as favoured as that Barcelona team. Sure he did it....but with a lot of help...and if you were to include LVG and Wenger in that list, then I can't complain about Pep being there.

:lol::thumbsup:

C'mon Leaf.

How many of his team's XI were the absolute best ?

Lets not make em out to be like Sacchis Milan.

Oh mass u funny kid. I love this guy. Hahaha cmon mate, you would know that our 2014 squad was even weaker than our 2013. Relatively speaking compared to our competitors cause every other top team reinforced their squad. We dint, hence we had poor results. You often randomly compare two totally different versions of milan's squads out of whim without analysing the mitigating factors that would actually portray allegri as a good coach despite the poor performances the team has produced in his final stint as coach of milan. What makes you think that allegri cant achieve what enrique did with barca? In fact allegri would be an ideal coach for the current chelsea team. Give him a proper midfield and he will ensure that the team delivers. His star studded team was actually not the favourites against dortmund btw. Almost everyone here mentioned that dortmund would slaughter jube despite being 10th in their league. And lo, jube demolished them. Jube were never contenders for the ucl in the first place that year, yet allegri managed to extract every remaining bit of potential in his team to great effect and he helped jube reach the final for the first time in 10 years.

^^^^^^^

Too many excuses for Allegris constant failings in the top tier of Club Football. I'm not even gonna bother bro. Fluking it 1 year wont erase the past.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Greatest league coach could be capello? Or ferguson maybe? Perhaps trappatoni as well. He won a lot of scudetti.
Greatest ucl/cup competition coach - either carlo or del bosque/heynckes.

Err how about this guy

Valeriy-Lobanovsky-006.jpg

Gets overlooked every single time :mad::mad::mad:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
C'mon Leaf.

How many of his team's XI were the absolute best ?

Lets not make em out to be like Sacchis Milan.
Seriously? :eek:
R9, ZZ, Figo, Raul, Hierro, Guti, Makalele, Casillas, Roberto Carlos (Madrid)
Barca's Midget Brigade, Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres, Villa (Spain)

Too many excuses for Allegris constant failings in the top tier of Club Football. I'm not even gonna bother bro. Fluking it 1 year wont erase the past.
be reasonable.... Allegri is not a horrible coach....but he's not elite either.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Carlo
Heynckes
Cruyff
Capello
Sacchi

Hiddink (yes psv)
Mourinho
Lippi
Ferguson
Trappatoni
Hitzfield
Mourinho

:star::star::star::star::star:
Totally agree with you here...esp the VDB part. He won two CL's, a Euro and a World Cup.....granted it was with some super talented teams...but retaining a Euro and then winning a World Cup is a fucking unbelievable achievement.

Not sure I want/like Trap there though....not that he's bad by any stretch....it's just that his teams have played a LOT of shit football lately.

Nice list Swagger.... and agree about VDB... i liken his coaching style to Carlo. Just stays nice n calm and lets his players take care of business.

Anyways i made this list almost 2 years ago... and these were my top 10 which was then extended to 13 :fp:

Rinus Michels (Genius)

Valery Lobanovsky (Mad Scientist)

Arrigo Sacchi (The Conductor of possibly the greatest club side ever)

Fabio Capello (DON ..... If you need a title, he's your man. 58 game unbeaten streak in what was the greatest league to date, 94 UCL Victory, still a record. Went to Madrid and made them a Giant once more)

Jock Stein (Lisbon Lions, 1st British manager to win the UCL. All his players were born with in 10-20 miles of Parkhead)

Brian Clough (Probably the Greatest English manager)

Giovanni Trapatoni ( Only one to win all UEFA club competitions and the World Club title, record of UEFA Cup wins (three).

Cesar Luis Menoti (Our first World Cup :love:)

Pep Guardiola (MadMan)

Carlo Ancelotti (If you need a UCL, hes your man)

Johan Cruyff (Genius on the Pitch and Off it)

Louis Van Gaal (His Ajax of the mid 90's goes down as one of the all time greats,Also revived both Barca and Bayern)

Tele Santana (Forever Trophyless but Brazil 82 played some of the finest football in the history of the World Cup)

1 of my favourites has to be Lobanovsky.... The man was a LEGEND of extreme proportions. I only came across him in the late 90's..... that Kiev side was a sight to behold, absolutely demolished majority of the big guns of europe whilst on a shoe string budget... I kid u not, go watch them from 97-99 in the UCL... poetry in motion.

In Jonathan Wilsons book "Inverting the Pyramid" he dedicates a whole chapter to the great man, as well as one to Sacchi.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Yuck yuck yuck.

Pep's football bores me to tears.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
be reasonable.... Allegri is not a horrible coach....but he's not elite either.

This is true. But there are other options than horrible / elite.

Allegri is a good coach with defined tactics which he relies on.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That's fair n all

I feel exactly the same way with Allegri

Pass it to X

If you think that I think Allegri's football is 'the way football should be played', then you're dead wrong.

Schedule