Team to qualify for the quarter-finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Mexico tried to park the bus and hold on...

For like 40 minutes. Bit em in the ass.

The Dutch not 'deserving'?

lol.. Dutch are probably the strongest showing through the group stages.

Good teams win even when they aren't at their best.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Maquez was stupid for that challenge. There was contact with Robben you can't deny it

yeah there was a little contact and it was a stupid challenge, but that doesnt change the fact that Robben kicked his other leg out and flapped his arm like he was trying to fly

You cant say that he wasnt already going to go for the foul 100%

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Muller rodriguez better than robben? What next?

I mean i would say they are top 3-5. But better than robben? nope.

Muller is in a team that was expected to take 9 points. Robben in the one expected to go out of the first round. Muller is a great player in the team.. Robben is The team :o

Columbia haven't even played a proper team yet. Uruguay without suarez doesn't count.

Changing hollands expectations for first round doesnt make robben look better. They were expected to go through to kos but probably second to spain.

But holland have been average performers eventhough they got 9 points, just like argentina. Struggled against both australia and mexico. Since you say robben is the team i can blame him for that, yes? Both were meant to be straight forward games.

Whatever columbia have played they have been exceptional. James rodriguez has had a way better tournament than robben.

Edit: obviously not taking credit away from spain and chile performances.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
I hope NDJ's injury isnt serious.. they really need him

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Muller rodriguez better than robben?
I mean i would say they are top 3-5. But better than robben? nope.

Muller is in a team that was expected to take 9 points. Robben in the one expected to go out of the first round. Muller is a great player in the team.. Robben is The team :o

Columbia haven't even played a proper team yet. Uruguay without suarez doesn't count.

:thumbsup: They all stepped up their games when their team needed

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mexico tried to park the bus and hold on...

For like 40 minutes. Bit em in the ass.

The Dutch not 'deserving'?

lol.. Dutch are probably the strongest showing through the group stages.

Good teams win even when they aren't at their best.

The Dutch almost always look good in the group stage and then choke in the knockouts. Its their team identity

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
and mexico's identity is to get knocked out right after group stage

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm fucking with you, relax :lol:

But really tho, before Depay came Sneijder and Robben had to drop deep a lot to come and get the ball, while Depay offered another outlet for BMI/Blind to play to and held the ball well, delivered some nice crosses with his left foot, cut inside and play to centrally positioned Sneijder etc

Offensive line was way higher with Depay

Depay looked lost and impotent.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
almost as bad as sneijder.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
and mexico's identity is to get knocked out right after group stage

yeah it is. I dont like Mexico's team, but I do like that they had a set of balls on the, and played hard today.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I watched the whole game.

The first half one should have been a penalty, but it wasnt called, so there is that.

Despite being far more talented the Dutch didnt show much desire to win until the very end. The less talented team came out and played like their hair was on fire and worked their asses off.

The Mexicans took it to the Dutch, and that was impressive. They did not show composure at the end, and that cost them, but in no way did the Dutch "deserve" anything

the "very end" or "the end" you are talking about is the whole second half(or 50th minute on anyway). Maybe they played even in the first half but mexico resulted to counterattacks only in the first half and they even give that up in the second.

I didnt see them once try to put pressure to win the ball back whole game, they just waited for holland to attack and absorb their attacks.
That didnt go down to well when holland went all in the second half or last 30 minutes of the game, didnt?

Holland deserved it cause they were the only team initiate things. Imagine if Holland wouldve had the same attitude as mexico this game:fp:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
yes..i really really like this mexico team, and i'm so impressed how they were able to turn things around so quickly after being so bad qualifiying

but oranje niggas dicks bigger

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Changing hollands expectations for first round doesnt make robben look better. They were expected to go through to kos but probably second to spain.

But holland have been average performers eventhough they got 9 points, just like argentina. Struggled against both australia and mexico. Since you say robben is the team i can blame him for that, yes? Both were meant to be straight forward games.

Whatever columbia have played they have been exceptional. James rodriguez has had a way better tournament than robben.

Holland wasnt expected to go through. They were almost everyones favourite to go out of group stages.

Holland avg performers?:lol: andd even if they were.. robben wasnt. scored 3 briliant goals. 1 assist won one penalty. Was the only danger vs mehico and won them the game

James has been great and as i said top 3, but he has played against.. Japan :lol: Ivory coast :lol: Greece :lol: and Uruguay without suarez. Urugauy would finish bottom of the group without suarez. I would wait till he plays Brazil.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yeah there was a little contact and it was a stupid challenge, but that doesnt change the fact that Robben kicked his other leg out and flapped his arm like he was trying to fly

You cant say that he wasnt already going to go for the foul 100%

So what is he supposed to do? Stay on his feet and be honest when he already was screwed penalty?

Stop bashing robben

On a side note, I used to like Guardado but he is a royal cunt this WC always involved in every confrontation. Glad he finally got booked

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Louis van Gaal not too positive on Nigel de Jong's situation

With some caution he said 'It may be over for him, but I'm not making any statements before medical examinations'

this world cup is shit

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Ofcourse. The way he carries holland messi cant carry argentina and he has a much much much better supporting cast.

Disagree with this... Yes Messi has better supporters on paper.. But so far most of the Argentinian stars are underperforming (aguero) and only depending on messi's individual brilliance.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Holland wasnt expected to go through. They were almost everyones favourite to go out of group stages.

Holland avg performers?:lol: andd even if they were.. robben wasnt. scored 3 briliant goals. 1 assist won one penalty. Was the only danger vs mehico and won them the game

James has been great and as i said top 3, but he has played against.. Japan :lol: Ivory coast :lol: Greece :lol: and Uruguay without suarez. Urugauy would finish bottom of the group without suarez. I would wait till he plays Brazil.

Yeah their defense was criticized begining of tournament but pretty sure chile or australia wasnt supposed to overthrow holland.

And look i can play this game as well: holland beat a spanish side filled with mls and qatar players :lol: australia :lol: and a team here only because of americas mercy :lol: ... So lets not be silly here.

Robben has a good tournament. Rodriguez better. Muller similar to robben.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And look i can play this game as well: holland beat a spanish side filled with mls and qatar players :lol: australia :lol: and a team here only because of americas mercy :lol: ... So lets not be silly here.

The only thing silly is comparing: Chile, Spain and Australia to Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan.

Anyways for me he is easily the best player till now, for you james or muller. Good for you.. brilliant stuff, they are all good picks :thumbsup:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
The only thing silly is comparing: Chile, Spain and Australia to Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan.

Anyways for me he is easily the best player till now, for you james or muller. Good for you.. brilliant stuff, they are all good picks :thumbsup:

Spain are spain only in name this tournament (greece wouls probably force a point or three from them :o ). Chile was a solid win. Australia mexico not so much and neither are special.

But overall yeah. Very close pick between 3.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
what about the not given pen in first half ET?

btw it's 35 degree celcius and 90% humidity, you wanna let 22 men die cause u like south american teams brah?
-------------------------------

Memphis another positive impact :proud:

Only 11 would fall :o

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I think Rodriguez and Robben have been a touch above Muller, whom I love watching and is nearly always the most intelligent player on the pitch. I don't think there is a right or wrong choice amongst the 3. It is a close call thus far, it is still too early in the tournament to decide who has been the best player.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I think Rodriguez and Robben have been a touch above Muller, whom I love watching and is nearly always the most intelligent player on the pitch. I don't think there is a right or wrong choice amongst the 3. It is a close call thus far, it is still too early in the tournament to decide who has been the best player.

:thumbsup:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i think the best so far have been messi and james

oh ya and benzema

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Louis van Gaal not too positive on Nigel de Jong's situation

With some caution he said 'It may be over for him, but I'm not making any statements before medical examinations'

this world cup is shit

That's really surprising as he seemed to only have a severe cramp/pull. As he said, wait until the physical and the exam because it very well could be nothing. Remember when Modric was "out for the rest of the tournament" and then proceeded to play both matches?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
It's too early to choose a champion.
Neymar, Messi, Robben, James ("ham-es" :lol: ) and Muller are all on pretty level footing

I'm most impressed by the things Neymar does. EVERYBODY knows he is the go-to man in Brazil and he keeps performing. James has the benefit of being a little less known than the rest. Robben has a wonderful supporting cast of Sneijder and RVP. But Messi and Neymar have put their teams on their backs and carried them. Neymar's scoring his penalty was very significant to me....it was a mark of a champion that accepted all the pressure and responsibility.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Neymar is already proved his worth imo. Being just 22 and yet he has demonstrated the coolness and mental toughness of an experienced star. Its simply phenomenal, i dont think there is any other young player in the world apart from neymar who has been put under constant pressure by the press. He has dealt with the pressure quite well. Well done boy.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Neymar is already proved his worth imo. Being just 22 and yet he has demonstrated the coolness and mental toughness of an experienced star. Its simply phenomenal, i dont think there is any other young player in the world apart from neymar who has been put under constant pressure by the press. He has dealt with the pressure quite well. Well done boy.
Mario Balotelli

Last edited:

Schedule