Group D: COSTA RICA, URUGUAY, ENGLAND, ITALY

Which 2 teams will advance out of Group D?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Probable line-ups:

Buffon - Darmian, Paletta, Barzagli, Chiellini - De Rossi - Candreva, Verratti, Pirlo, Marchisio - Balotelli

Sirigu, Perin, Thiago Motta, Abat, Cassano, Cerci, Aquilani, Immobile, Parolo, Bonucci, Insigne

Apparently a huge doubt :fp:

Sirigu is no 100% either.. Arise Sir Perin :proud:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Real MVP WC 2014 bout to show a whiff of the cockslapping that´s going to happen this summer

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
italy 3 england 0

balotelli x2 pirlo

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
That ain´t Sage

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
stfu uruguay fanboy, less technical skill in that midfield than honduras.

italia will crush your dreams, I will enjoy your salty tears.

4za azzuri

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
BqE-uMBCMAARm2v.png:large

Less than 12 hours!!!

Forzaaa gli Azzurri !!!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Italy gon get fucked by Daniel Porridge huhuhuhu

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
hmm...both of these teams are shitty actually

wow

who is henderson/baines/jagielka/lalana??

paletta starting..srs..

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
lol @ sage reverse jinx

im not even betting this game...betting drogba/honda later

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Sgae has turned a new Leaf since becoming all grown up. Forza Sage, Forza Azzurri.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maybe he hates England even more?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Buffon likely to miss? That's 3 starters down already. Damn.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
The hype!!!1111

Fucking hell though... No DES or Buffon now?

CRumsLk.gif

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sirigu is a good replacement

I'm more worried about Paletta, I hope he won't get to nervous

also it means Pirlo will be the captain

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Sirigu is a good replacement

I'm more worried about Paletta, I hope he won't get to nervous

also it means Pirlo will be the captain

Sirigu has been struggling as well with an injury.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Reports say that Perin is likely to start. I have a lot of faith in him, and his stinker the other night might have even been advantageous for him and his development.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Buffon likely to miss? That's 3 starters down already. Damn.

This one is a big miss though.

DES was bad. Montolivo, although its a shame he got injured, i dint think he should have started anyways. We need Verratti. England has too many quick players and if one of them manages to do a Park Ji Sung then Verratti becomes vital.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reports say that Perin is likely to start. I have a lot of faith in him, and his stinker the other night might have even been advantageous for him and his development.

Sink or Swim for him.. i hope he has a blinder. I think :g: is hoping for a few blunders though :o

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mmmmm

then I'm hoping Perin won't be to nervous as well

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
This one is a big miss though.

DES was bad. Montolivo, although its a shame he got injured, i dint think he should have started anyways. We need Verratti. England has too many quick players and if one of them manages to do a Park Ji Sung then Verratti becomes vital.

The big problem on Verratti is his size. England has some really big players and if you can physically crush Verratt, you mitigate his ability. He's easier to man mark out of a match like Pirlo. It's the reason why in the Thiago vs. Verratti debate of a few years ago, I took Thiago.

Montolivo offers more defensively and less offensively than Verratti

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
BqE-uMBCMAARm2v.png:large

Less than 12 hours!!!

Forzaaa gli Azzurri !!!

Wellbeck, Sturridge, Rooney and Henderson will bomb that weak italian right side .. I really hope Italy can cope. Also Chiellini as RB? Really?

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The big problem on Verratti is his size. England has some really big players and if you can physically crush Verratt, you mitigate his ability. He's easier to man mark out of a match like Pirlo. It's the reason why in the Thiago vs. Verratti debate of a few years ago, I took Thiago.

Montolivo offers more defensively and less offensively than Verratti

You can mark anyone out of the game tbh, and no one is going to waste time on marking out Thiago motta.. if thats the Thiago you are talking about.

However no one is going to make a plan of marking out 2 players, otherwise that's all they would do in a match.

IMO prandelli should take a risk with Cerci or Insigne instead of marchisio, now that Chiellini is at LB. Have one them start the other coming from the bench.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
^ there was a debate on which youngster would be better Thiago Alcantara or Marco Verratti

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ there was a debate on which youngster would be better Thiago Alcantara or Marco Verratti

Makes more sense :)

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Sirigu set for England start
By Football Italia staff

If Salvatore Sirigu starts against England tonight for the injured Gigi Buffon, it’ll be his second competitive cap.

Buffon sprained his left ankle during the training session at the Arena Amazonia in Manaus last night and is a major doubt to feature in this evening’s World Cup opener.

Sirigu is therefore expected to play, even though the Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper isn’t 100 per cent fit either due to bruised ribs.

If ex-Palermo man Sirigu does start, it will be only his second competitive match in an Azzurri jersey.

He has eight caps to his name, but seven of them are friendlies, interrupted only by a 2-1 victory in Estonia on September 3, 2010.

That game was a Euro 2012 qualifier in Tallinn.

Over his eight caps for Italy, Sirigu has conceded eight goals, but performed well in the 0-0 against the Republic of Ireland on May 31.

Probable line-ups

England: Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Gerrard, Henderson; Lallana, Rooney, Welbeck; Sturridge

Italy: Sirigu; Darmian, Barzagli, Paletta, Chiellini; De Rossi; Candreva, Pirlo, Verratti, Marchisio; Balotelli

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wellbeck, Sturridge, Rooney and Henderson will bomb that weak italian right side .. I really hope Italy can cope. Also Chiellini as RB? Really?

y2Zwk.gif

Schedule