The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 39 33.05%
Chelsea 50 42.37%
Arsenal 2 1.69%
Manchester United 12 10.17%
Liverpool 7 5.93%
Other 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 21:26   #801
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTfatChildren View Post
its not. Not for a long long time to come. Your rivalry as equals (or close to equals) is just at its infancy. Milan/Inter on the other hand have been matching each other blow for blow for a good part of a century now barring a few spells here and there. You cannot buy that kind of a rivalry over a span of one or two seasons. The only thing in Europe superior to Milan/Inter is Inter/Juve and Barca/Madrid. The rest dont compare. And yes history plays a huge role in rivalry and Milan/Inter spans across every competition and every time line since its initiation and some would say even before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateoftw View Post
man city vs man u is NOTHING compared to milan vs inter. please dont even compare the two. man city have become a force in the last 2 years and thats it, before that they were a midtable club. kinda like watching atletico madrid and real madrid, noone really cares about it. inter vs milan and inter vs juve, roma vs lazio those are fucking real derbys with real hatred. the players are ready to stab one another, contreversy is always present. i remmeber the last roman derby when totti made lazio shit themselves and got them a red card as well. i was just smiling the entire time it was beautiful to watch as a fan. city vs man u is city going on the defence or man u dominating the game and then they all shake hands in the hand, give each other blowjobs and then ferguson chews more gum. BOOORINGG. does man city vs man utd have calciopoli in the history of the clubs? that alone makes inter hated amongst milan and juve fans. it's not just a match liek it is vs city, it's hatred. city and utd have no hatred amongst themselves. you can't tell me city players hate united players and vice versa. however the likes of ambrosini etc would genuenly grab a rifle and shoot morrati in the fucking head. dont compare a beautiful derby and a friendly please lmao
United/Liverpool is up there. And yes the Manchester derby does compare. Historically? No. Importance? No. But in terms of passion it means a whole lot. I guarentee in league games the loser of the Manc derby feels every bit as dissapointed as the loser in the Milan derby. Just as the winners feel elated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
It's around 1500. Last year derbies were ~2000 and ~2700 posts. So, mathematically, 3/4 as heated as a league game at best.

But who cares ... I thought it was cool. As was the Community Shield.
Fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Man the " I'm from Manchester" bit only works if you actually go to games,which you dont.

Also lets take two things into consideration : Neither in the past nor present the Manchester Derby will over take the Milan derby.You wanna know why?Because trough history both Milan teams had great players while in your case only United was good .

Then there`s the trophy cabinet of both clubs which far surpass the Manchester clubs.

Also the fact that when Milan plays Inter,the stadium gets full not like in your case

The only derby that you could argue is equally as important is the Manchester- Liverpool one from England.The rest are miky mouse derby`s compared to the Milan one.

Actually il go one step further and add that the 3 biggest derbys in the world are :

Milan-Inter,Real-Barca,Manchester-Liverpool,in no particular order.
What are you on about mate? The stadiums are always full for the Manc derby. Today was probably 90% full because prices, the fact that it's only the CS, and obviously there's very few local Citeh fans in the area.

Just like the others you're talking from a historical POV. There's no doubt that the Manchester derby, like the Madrid derby is way down the pecking order, but right now, at this moment in time, it's one of the most important derbies in the world because of what it means to the two clubs. I've been to hundreds of United games, for the record. Not that it actually matters.

Last edited by manutd fan; 07-08-2011 at 21:29.
Old 07-08-2011, 21:26   #802
OneUnited

Quote:
Because it doesn't matter were your from ,what matters if what type of fan you are in this little debate we have here.And there`s two types: tv fans and going to matches fans.

And he falls into the first category .
Right, and, in relation to this debate, what's he missing by not attending games?
Old 07-08-2011, 21:30   #803
manutd fan
EPL Captain

@Milano

Cleverly has always been a utility man. He's now better in the centre though, despite what Stuart Pearce thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
Right, and, in relation to this debate, what's he missing by not attending games?
Sshhhh. Some Irish lad who goes to every game hates City more than someone who has lived in Manchester most of his life!
Old 07-08-2011, 21:38   #804
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
United/Liverpool is up there. And yes the Manchester derby does compare. Historically? No. Importance? No. But in terms of passion it means a whole lot. I guarentee in league games the loser of the Manc derby feels every bit as dissapointed as the loser in the Milan derby. Just as the winners feel elated.

Fair.

What are you on about mate? The stadiums are always full for the Manc derby. Today was probably 90% full because prices, the fact that it's only the CS, and obviously there's very few local Citeh fans in the area.

Just like the others you're talking from a historical POV. There's no doubt that the Manchester derby, like the Madrid derby is way down the pecking order, but right now, at this moment in time, it's one of the most important derbies in the world because of what it means to the two clubs. I've been to hundreds of United games, for the record. Not that it actually matters.
Let me ask you something ,if you were to make a top 3 derbies in the world what criteria would you use?Cause it seems to me you only go by present day facts.

And no one doubts that the derby means a lot to the Mancs,the point was that it does not matter as much as the Milan one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
The feeling you get when you go to the stadium for the sole purpose of backing ur team up and not really watching the game.I would go on more and say about the feeling you get when you jump out and down with the full Curva Sud ,wave the Flag,hold the banners up ,take part of coreos etc,but you cant relate to that since you dont have that in England.

There`s a huge difference between a tv fan and match going one.

Signature
Old 07-08-2011, 21:51   #805
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Let me ask you something ,if you were to make a top 3 derbies in the world what criteria would you use?Cause it seems to me you only go by present day facts.
Biggest? I don't know. Probably Barca/Madrid.

Quote:
And no one doubts that the derby means a lot to the Mancs,the point was that it does not matter as much as the Milan one.
Rubbish. The Manchester derby means every bit as much to Utd/MC fans as the Milan derby does for you lot. I don't know how people can argue with that.

Quote:
The feeling you get when you go to the stadium for the sole purpose of backing ur team up and not really watching the game.I would go on more and say about the feeling you get when you jump out and down with the full Curva Sud ,wave the Flag,hold the banners up ,take part of coreos etc,but you cant relate to that since you dont have that in England.

So that means I can't hate City as much as a match going fan can (regardless of where they're from)? Rubbish mate. I've been to umpteen Manc derbies btw.

Last edited by manutd fan; 07-08-2011 at 21:54.
Old 07-08-2011, 21:52   #806
OneUnited

Quote:
Those are tenuous generalizations. The importance which each fan places on their football team can vary significantly. I'm based just outside of Manchester, and it's apparent that there's a fervency amongst Mancunians, regardless of their attendance, that gives the derby an importance in their eyes which other fans simply can't comprehend.

When you're immersed in the environment from day one i.e. going to schools where you're either a blue or a red, passion, intensity and other overused nouns to describe football support are enthused in many more ways than needing to solely attend a game to ascertain what it's all about.
Old 07-08-2011, 21:53   #807
yunolovemilan?
Banned

Fav. Players: Nesta, Super Pippo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Seedorf, KPB

Why are there so many Manchester United fans on a Milan forum?
And why are they arguing with Milanistas like they belong/have rights etc?
Old 07-08-2011, 21:55   #808
OneUnited

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunolovemilan? View Post
Because we do whatever we want.
Old 07-08-2011, 22:02   #809
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

Premiership mafia
Old 07-08-2011, 23:09   #810
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunolovemilan? View Post
man U fan is a mod here.

Signature

MILAN
Old 07-08-2011, 23:15   #811
TheWire
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
Was thinking the same... I mean, what does Canada do in sports?
Cannuck fans went on a glorious riot in Vancouver, over 100 people treated for serious injuries. Hard to imagine mild mannered canadians acting up.
Old 07-08-2011, 23:18   #812
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Actually I thought it was a good game. I did prefer the intensity of yesterday's game and the fact that the rivalry can be felt, but this one wasn't as bad as some in here want to paint it, sure I think even if it's not an important cup, it's still an official one so it's completely wrong to have 6 subs per team, that usually just kills the intensity of games and that happened. Manutd's 2nd goal was amazing though, great team build up, in a very small tight place, done fast, and precise, beautiful.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
Old 07-08-2011, 23:31   #813
TheWire
Rookie

Quote:
I know a lot of what happened involved Spurs fans and put 2 + 2 together. Not trying to "achieve" anything, since I have nothing against Spurs.
bahahahha 2 + 2= nonsense

Previous poster compared the Tottenham riot to the LA riot back in the early 90s, which i thought was fairly accurate. I don't recall Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers being held responsible for inciting violence.

Why should Spurs be held accountable from the actions over others? I grew up in Tottenham and it is a low socioeconomic shit hole, crime is prevalent and i'm glad i moved away a long time ago. Last time i checked there are just as many United fans as there are Spurs fans in Tottenham.

You quite clearly have an agenda and you are an inaccurate buffoon

Last edited by TheWire; 07-08-2011 at 23:34.
Old 07-08-2011, 23:45   #814
TheWire
Rookie

Generally i only take a passing interest in SeriaA, but this season looks incredibly exciting. Napoli have strengthen without losing the stars and have a good chance at taking the scudetto. If anything Seria A is much more competitive than the PL this season

lol @ comparing the Milan derby to the Manchester derby...get a grip
Old 08-08-2011, 00:02   #815
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
bahahahha 2 + 2= nonsense

Previous poster compared the Tottenham riot to the LA riot back in the early 90s, which i thought was fairly accurate. I don't recall Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers being held responsible for inciting violence.

Why should Spurs be held accountable from the actions over others? I grew up in Tottenham and it is a low socioeconomic shit hole, crime is prevalent and i'm glad i moved away a long time ago. Last time i checked there are just as many United fans as there are Spurs fans in Tottenham.

You quite clearly have an agenda and you are an inaccurate buffoon
No agenda, seeing as Spurs do nothing to annoy me. You play good football, and offer us 4-6 points every season.

You're clearly a bit misguided if you think a United fan has an agenda against Spurs....as if we give a toss. Not to mention blind seeing as I said the police are useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
Generally i only take a passing interest in SeriaA, but this season looks incredibly exciting. Napoli have strengthen without losing the stars and have a good chance at taking the scudetto. If anything Seria A is much more competitive than the PL this season

lol @ comparing the Milan derby to the Manchester derby...get a grip
So to you is the North London derby not as important as the Milan one? Do you know hate Arsenal as much as Milan fans hate Inter?

I think it's safe to say most Spurs fans do.
Old 08-08-2011, 00:12   #816
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Where's that Celtic fan to try tell us that Rangers - Celtic is the biggest derby in the world?

This thread is fucking tedious.
Old 08-08-2011, 00:14   #817
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Holy Golie. He also said Celtic are one of the biggest clubs in the world because they've got a supporters group in the US. I miss him.
Old 08-08-2011, 00:16   #818
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Holy Golie. He also said Celtic are one of the biggest clubs in the world because they've got a supporters group in the US. I miss him.
I like his argument. Why are you all arguing about which derby is biggest when infact, the biggest derby in the world is in the footballing behemoth that is Scotland.
Old 08-08-2011, 00:23   #819
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
I like his argument. Why are you all arguing about which derby is biggest when infact, the biggest derby in the world is in the footballing behemoth that is Scotland.
Basically, I said less people care about the CS than the SC, and you could see by the respective threads. The one in here was huge whereas the United/City thread on redcafe had less than 30 replies as of yesterday. Ash said that was because the Milan derby is bigger, which obviously had little to do with the actual point as the Manchester derby on a United forum is just as big as the Milan derby on a Milan forum. I may not have put my point accross as well as I could have.

Strangely most people didn't seem to understand. TheWire has an excuse in that he's a ******ed cockney, however the others should learn to read. I said several times that historically the Milan derby has much more importance than the Manchester Derby.

I think that just about sums it up

Last edited by manutd fan; 08-08-2011 at 00:25.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:29   #820
yunolovemilan?
Banned

Fav. Players: Nesta, Super Pippo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Seedorf, KPB

Quote:
TheWire has an excuse in that he's a ******ed cockney, however the others should learn to read

Ehglish Trollz

They come in your house, shit on your rug then tell you it's perfume
Closed Thread