The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 39 33.05%
Chelsea 50 42.37%
Arsenal 2 1.69%
Manchester United 12 10.17%
Liverpool 7 5.93%
Other 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 17:19   #961
Sage
Phase 3
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcantona View Post
Sage, I'd drop Evra, he's "doubtful" according to fergie's press conference, so he probably won't start, might be worth taking a chance on smalling though
thanks man

Is ferdinand fully fit for the season?
Sage is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 17:20   #962
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's
 
acmilan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
thanks man
Drop Evra and go with Baines or Kolarov

Baines has always done well.
acmilan4ever is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 17:21   #963
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege
 
hdcantona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Swansea, Wales
Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
thanks man

Is ferdinand fully fit for the season?
yeah Ferdinand is


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Senatore, you have just won the internet.

hdcantona is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 17:33   #964
Sage
Phase 3
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
Drop Evra and go with Baines or Kolarov

Baines has always done well.
baines doesn't play this week, and since david luiz is injured I put Alex instead of evra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcantona View Post
yeah Ferdinand is
I'd choose ferdinand, problem is he is injury prone and fergie likes to start smalling/jones/evans out of the blue.
Sage is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 17:39   #965
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Default

making a gamble using Rooney for my fantasy team. He is always a slow starter but his preseason form has been awesome.



ACM4E, whats the fantasy code? I'm in a league with my friends on there Wanna register for rnb league


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 17:56   #966
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's
 
acmilan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senatore_m84 View Post
making a gamble using rooney for my fantasy team. He is always a slow starter but his preseason form has been awesome.



Acm4e, whats the fantasy code? I'm in a league with my friends on there wanna register for rnb league
1242750-284029

acmilan4ever is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 21:08   #967
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND
 
Sonny.Bill.Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cape Town,South Africa
Default

Sage why spend so much $$$ on Defenders ?
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 21:11   #968
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams View Post
Sage why spend so much $$$ on Defenders ?
defenders are consistent. Clean sheets= points. Caps=points etc. More than that, crappy defenders get negative points.

Forwards are a position you should rotate on form. Look at Rooney, Tevez etc. When they hit a 'hot streak' it's goals every week. Remember Malouda/Drogba early season?


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 21:12   #969
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

Am I the only one having trouble logging in at the moment to the FPL?


Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 21:16   #970
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's
 
acmilan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
Am I the only one having trouble logging in at the moment to the FPL?
Nope, im logged in.
acmilan4ever is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 21:23   #971
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege
 
hdcantona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Swansea, Wales
Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback
Default

I can't log in either


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Senatore, you have just won the internet.

hdcantona is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 22:05   #972
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND
 
Sonny.Bill.Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cape Town,South Africa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
defenders are consistent. Clean sheets= points. Caps=points etc. More than that, crappy defenders get negative points.

Forwards are a position you should rotate on form. Look at Rooney, Tevez etc. When they hit a 'hot streak' it's goals every week. Remember Malouda/Drogba early season?
points distribution is poor ...main source is usually cleansheets and when they concede its no cleansheet points + negative points ...I'm not saying go out and buy a cheapest/crappy defenders just think you need one quality defender,depending on system

Huth,Hangeland,Hughes,Johnson are all good defenders...Goalscoring defenders most 6-5

Drogba still finished as 2nd highest pointscorer (Malouda third)...thats why you should IMO invest heavily in attack and Midfield ...but thats just me

Ba or Shane Long ?
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 22:08   #973
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams View Post
points distribution is poor ...main source is usually cleansheets and when they concede its no cleansheet points + negative points ...I'm not saying go out and buy a cheapest/crappy defenders just think you need one quality defender,depending on system

Huth,Hangeland,Hughes,Johnson are all good defenders...Goalscoring defenders most 6-5

Drogba still finished as 2nd highest pointscorer (Malouda third)...thats why you should IMO invest heavily in attack and Midfield ...but thats just me

Ba or Shane Long ?
well i'm just saying it's a strategy. My friend used it and won our league. Obviously you need most inform strikers (heavy price).

But even with your drogba point. He racked up majority before november. You could easily get that and if you dropped him early, you could have picked up tevez or rooney or chicarito when they hit form. Make sense?

another great example is berbatov first half

for me a lot of it is analyzing form and fixture list (if i stick with it). You see Man Utd coming up on swansea, wba, wigan etc. (teams who concede a lot) you might wanna load on their attackers.

last year i got f'd. Stuck with rooney too long early season when he was really off form and doing nothing. Then contract situation. By time i came to my senses and dropped him I was sooo far behind all the people who had drogba/malouda. And the smart ones there dropped them by december and moved onto tevez/nani.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB

Last edited by Senatore_M84; 12-08-2011 at 22:12.
Senatore_M84 is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 22:10   #974
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon
 
Kalac#16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Leeds, England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams View Post

Ba or Shane Long ?
Ba, Long will be a bench player after this weekend.
Kalac#16 is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 22:10   #975
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's
 
acmilan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams View Post
Ba or Shane Long ?
Demba Ba
acmilan4ever is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 22:19   #976
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND
 
Sonny.Bill.Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cape Town,South Africa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
well i'm just saying it's a strategy. My friend used it and won our league. Obviously you need most inform strikers (heavy price).

But even with your drogba point. He racked up majority before november. You could easily get that and if you dropped him early, you could have picked up tevez or rooney or chicarito when they hit form. Make sense?

another great example is berbatov first half

for me a lot of it is analyzing form and fixture list (if i stick with it). You see Man Utd coming up on swansea, wba, wigan etc. (teams who concede a lot) you might wanna load on their attackers.

last year i got f'd. Stuck with rooney too long early season when he was really off form and doing nothing. Then contract situation. By time i came to my senses and dropped him I was sooo far behind all the people who had drogba/malouda. And the smart ones there dropped them by december and moved onto tevez/nani.
Fail on logic on my part
Well, I came close to winning our league last season
Yep always check for those "gimme" fixtures and alter accordingly


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
Ba, Long will be a bench player after this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
Demba Ba
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline  
Old 13-08-2011, 00:10   #977
neutral
AC Milan Legend
 
neutral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Africa
Default

Bleh Fantasy League, like a second job too much work. Hehe Sonny ... Sharks pawnt Stomers


Signature
neutral is offline  
Old 13-08-2011, 00:36   #978
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND
 
Sonny.Bill.Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cape Town,South Africa
Default

Thought the match was tomow ...."pawnt" by 2

my team -

-------------Given--------------
-----Kompany-Brede--Enrique----
Nani---Downing--Ramsey---Nzog-
----Wazza---BENT---BA--------

Bench-SHITE


Last edited by Sonny.Bill.Williams; 13-08-2011 at 00:39.
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline  
Old 13-08-2011, 00:41   #979
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

I wanna fix my team, but I can't log in. FML:/


Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline  
Old 13-08-2011, 01:18   #980
Sage
Phase 3
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams View Post
Sage why spend so much $$$ on Defenders ?
I didn't, my starting 3 right now have a value of 4.5 and the other two are worth 6 million each.

Baines is too expensive
Sage is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:54.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.