The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 39 33.05%
Chelsea 50 42.37%
Arsenal 2 1.69%
Manchester United 12 10.17%
Liverpool 7 5.93%
Other 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2011, 20:52   #1041
Zeusftw
#WeAreSoRich

Fav. Players: Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
I love Joey Barton

Can we sign him on a special contract? You know, for games against Merda?

p.s. - Gervinho did deserve to get sent off (even tho Barton did too)
how? he did JACK SHIT are you blind

gervinho btw = VERY VERY GOOD singing for arsenal, he has fucking light feet. he reminds me of weah in the way that he runs. he can go 2 meters up and noone can catch him, his feet are just amazingly light. barton is a criminal on the other hand and capello has him spot on

Signature
Old 13-08-2011, 20:55   #1042
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateoftw View Post
how? he did JACK SHIT are you blind

gervinho btw = VERY VERY GOOD singing for arsenal, he has fucking light feet. he reminds me of weah in the way that he runs. he can go 2 meters up and noone can catch him, his feet are just amazingly light. barton is a criminal on the other hand and capello has him spot on
Can you spell S-A-R-C-A-S-M?
Old 13-08-2011, 21:23   #1043
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Liverpool and Arsenal both proved today that they are not good enough for the top 3. But that was known already. It will be a very tight no.4 contest between the two. Or maybe Spurs could complicate it.

Charlie Adam had a good first half, but was terrible in the second. Carroll and Suarez are NOT forwards to be played together. I still have no idea why Dalglish sacrificed the superb combination they (accidentally) came up with, when Carroll was injured last season. They were playing some very neat football then. They either need to pick Carroll as the focal point and play an EPL-style 4-4-2, or they need to play around Suarez in a 4-3-3.

As for Arsenal, rather hopeless. Gervinho has the talent, but not enough to replace Nasri IMO. RvP remains their only hope, but even he needs good service.
Old 13-08-2011, 21:29   #1044
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I'm not sure Suarez and Carroll can't play together. I think a 2 striker system suits suarez and caroll. You all make it sound like Caroll is just a heading pole, he's actually decent link up player, has room for improvement.

I think of the 3-0 win over city where they both played well. It's going to take some time/adjustment.

Let's be fair, how many games have they really played? No real preseasons or training camps either..

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 13-08-2011, 21:35   #1045
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
I'm not sure Suarez and Carroll can't play together. I think a 2 striker system suits suarez and caroll. You all make it sound like Caroll is just a heading pole, he's actually decent link up player, has room for improvement.

I think of the 3-0 win over city where they both played well. It's going to take some time/adjustment.

Let's be fair, how many games have they really played? No real preseasons or training camps either..
They "could" develop a good partnership, of course. But from what I've seen so far, I doubt it. I know that my sample is small.

Actually, it has less to do with the two of them and more to do with English playing styles. They are treating Carroll like a heading pole, thereby rendering Suarez pointless. If the system is good, they can probably combine well.
Old 13-08-2011, 21:39   #1046
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
They "could" develop a good partnership, of course. But from what I've seen so far, I doubt it. I know that my sample is small.

Actually, it has less to do with the two of them and more to do with English playing styles. They are treating Carroll like a heading pole, thereby rendering Suarez pointless. If the system is good, they can probably combine well.
i'm still not sure how much of this is down to Caroll being basically injured and not training majority of his time with liverpool. He's not a fully developed player yet eitheR (where as suarez is) so it'll take him longer to fit.

I see what you're saying but if they use Caroll to lead line and give Suarez the free role around him it could work.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 13-08-2011, 21:42   #1047
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Spot on .First half, everytime Adam got the ball ,lumped it onto Carrol/space in front of Carrol ........I think a 4-3-3 could suit both best

-------------AC------------
-Whiner/Kuyt------------Downing-

---Adam/Aquil/Hend-----------Meireles/SG---
----------Lucas---------------
Old 13-08-2011, 23:00   #1048
Zeusftw
#WeAreSoRich

Fav. Players: Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Can you spell S-A-R-C-A-S-M?
internet sarcasm is really hard to pickup, my bad bro

Signature
Old 13-08-2011, 23:39   #1049
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Carrol just looks awful technically. Everything looks awkward and a challenge. 35 million for a young John Carew.
Old 14-08-2011, 01:53   #1050
Sage
Phase 3

again, FUCK ROBERTO MARTINEZ!

I hope united, chelsea and city play really well in the final 3 games
Old 14-08-2011, 02:01   #1051
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Tbh only thing I've got to say is that I think the Liverpool scouts must have seen something in Caroll... Cause you don't pay that amount of money for a guy with 10 EPL goals, without knowing what you're getting. He's the most expensive player English player ever btw. He needs to be almost as good as Shearer to be considered a success, and btw I could totally see him becoming a new Shearer, although as of now I remain sceptical.
Old 14-08-2011, 02:11   #1052
Sage
Phase 3

seba larsson scored an amazing goal, you guys should check it out
Old 14-08-2011, 02:14   #1053
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege

Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
again, FUCK ROBERTO MARTINEZ!

I hope united, chelsea and city play really well in the final 3 games
Sage...want....man u... do.... good?

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Senatore, you have just won the internet.

Old 14-08-2011, 02:16   #1054
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcantona View Post
Sage...want....man u... do.... good?
I'm too old to hate on clubs, although united do piss me off, but you must admire their winning mentality/foundation

I'm going to reserve my "bursts of anger" at the Milan players when they flop instead of hating on other clubs

Forza Rooney + Young + Nani
Old 14-08-2011, 02:22   #1055
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege

Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback

who's your captain? I'd go with Nani, most consistent end product in the league despite inconsitent performances, the stats do not lie - certainly not in a stats game like FF

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Senatore, you have just won the internet.

Old 14-08-2011, 02:25   #1056
Sage
Phase 3

my captain..hmmm

my posts tomorrow will tell you who my captain is. you may have to ban me if things go bad
Old 14-08-2011, 05:58   #1057
Zeusftw
#WeAreSoRich

joey barton seriously needs to join barcelona... his comments about gervinho are just -____- he has the face cover and roll down to perfection

Signature
Old 14-08-2011, 06:12   #1058
Quatre Barres
Senior Team Member

Joey Barton is awesome.
Old 14-08-2011, 06:23   #1059
DaMan
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Me, myself and I + my kids parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
seba larsson scored an amazing goal, you guys should check it out
http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-SEB-LAR...0/Default.aspx
Old 14-08-2011, 07:01   #1060
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

EA Sports, true to form, has ruined FPL. I used to enjoy looking at the live points updates as matches were going on, but now the idiots update only at e-o-d.

Also, the engine was down for about 15 hours before the matches started - a lot of my competitors in another league couldn't change their team. Thankfully I was jobless on Friday morning
Closed Thread