The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 39 33.05%
Chelsea 50 42.37%
Arsenal 2 1.69%
Manchester United 12 10.17%
Liverpool 7 5.93%
Other 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 23:55   #11001
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post

I don't understand Wenger. Apparently he tried to block Nasri coming to United last Summer and pushed him towards City, even though City/Arsenal have much more of a recent rivalry than United/Arsenal.
2 main reasons, imo.

-city offered more money? Speculation

-Wenger knows what fergie can do with players, and yes while city did win league, united is always the biggest rival in league.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 08-08-2012, 23:58   #11002
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
So.. you're surprised that Wenger and Arsenal don't want RVP going straight to Manutd?

Really?

I mean... really?
No - I'm surprised Wenger would rather his players go to City than to United. Apparently RVP wants to come to United.
Old 09-08-2012, 00:10   #11003
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
2 main reasons, imo.

-city offered more money? Speculation

-Wenger knows what fergie can do with players, and yes while city did win league, united is always the biggest rival in league.
It's possible, though I think RVP joining City would be more worrying than joining United because City already have a superior squad. Wenger has said constantly that he hates the way City have come in and inflated the market (with wages too), he hates the way they do business by publicly talking about who they want to buy and thinks they're basically cheating. At the same time his relationship with Fergie is okay nowadays, and on the field at least Arsenal/City has been more of a grudge match than Arsenal/United.

I'm not really complaining. As annoying as it is, he's their player and in a way it's good to see a club doing what they want to do instead of bending over for the players (same with Levy at Spurs).

We've finally found a top player that actually wants to join us but his club want him to go somewhere else

I've lost count of the amount of big players that have rejected us in recent years.

- Ballack
- Essien
- Robben
- Ramsey
- Villa
- Nasri
- Mikel
- Toure
- Benzema
- Sanchez
- Ozil
- Bale
- Lucas
- Hazard

All those players could have come to United but for various reasons went somewhere else.

Last edited by manutd fan; 09-08-2012 at 00:12.
Old 09-08-2012, 00:27   #11004
Sage
Phase 3

it's their loss
Old 09-08-2012, 00:32   #11005
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
It's possible, though I think RVP joining City would be more worrying than joining United because City already have a superior squad.
I disagree. City already has an amazing striking force. If you can field Aguero and Tevez in attack (and also have Dzeko and Balotelli), then how much difference will Van Persie make? Will Van Persie add more than an attacking duo Aguero+Tevez? Maybe, but for the same Van Persie doesn't or even flops. Van Persie likely will become just one of the many forwards there, not sure that works well with him.

At Utd it's different. He and Rooney will be seen as the obvious starters up front. And Fergie must be able to handle him better than Mancini who will have a bunch of quality ego strikers to please. Van Persie would add way more to Utd than to City.
Old 09-08-2012, 00:34   #11006
Sage
Phase 3

aguero > RVP

city don't need RVP, tbh man utd don't need him either.
Old 09-08-2012, 00:38   #11007
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

And maybe Wenger thinks the same as me, and that he may think that Van Persie to City could end up fucked up.

Utd doesn't need him either? Maybe, need is a big word, but at least Utd signing him makes much more sense to me than City.

Why the hell City wants him? Injury prone, not that young, flops with national team, only works well with Asnl where he is the main man up front, barely better than what City already have... don't get it, soooo riskful...
Old 09-08-2012, 01:17   #11008
Costanza
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu

I'd pick City over Untied too. City already has enough players, United is the one that can get stronger.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:18   #11009
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I disagree. City already has an amazing striking force. If you can field Aguero and Tevez in attack (and also have Dzeko and Balotelli), then how much difference will Van Persie make? Will Van Persie add more than an attacking duo Aguero+Tevez? Maybe, but for the same Van Persie doesn't or even flops. Van Persie likely will become just one of the many forwards there, not sure that works well with him.

At Utd it's different. He and Rooney will be seen as the obvious starters up front. And Fergie must be able to handle him better than Mancini who will have a bunch of quality ego strikers to please. Van Persie would add way more to Utd than to City.
With the way things are looking, RVP wouldn't partner Rooney - it would be Kagawa. Rooney has been shocking for about 8 months minus a tap in every game.

Paul Scholes on the other hand....well he just won the MOTM against Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets
Old 09-08-2012, 02:19   #11010
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege

Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback

Quote:
With the way things are looking, RVP wouldn't partner Rooney - it would be Kagawa. Rooney has been shocking for about 8 months minus a tap in every game.

Paul Scholes on the other hand....well he just won the MOTM against Xavim Iniesta and Busquets
as if rooney would be dropped

golden boy won't be benched no matter how shit he plays.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Senatore, you have just won the internet.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:21   #11011
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcantona View Post
as if rooney would be dropped

golden boy won't be benched no matter how shit he plays.
pretty much.

he should just move to CM
Old 09-08-2012, 06:36   #11012
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Rooney won't be benched because of the inability of human beings to appreciate sunk costs. Fergie will always think of the money they are paying to keep him there, and conclude that he must start since he is worth so much.

I can remember multiple occasions last season when Welbeck was playing much better than Rooney, but the old man chose to sub out Welbeck.
Old 09-08-2012, 15:54   #11013
jackfrost
Senior Team Member

Quote:

Paul Scholes on the other hand....well he just won the MOTM against Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets
I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal also asks for Welbeck in exchange.

Still I would expect RVP to start most games if he comes. Kagawa has looked very good as a cam.
Old 09-08-2012, 17:42   #11014
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Rooney won't be benched because of the inability of human beings to appreciate sunk costs. Fergie will always think of the money they are paying to keep him there, and conclude that he must start since he is worth so much.

I can remember multiple occasions last season when Welbeck was playing much better than Rooney, but the old man chose to sub out Welbeck.
i think fergie would bench him.

But I think Rooney would respond with getting back to his best. The man is competitive.

And a lot of his play screams of lethargic attitude at the moment.

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 09-08-2012, 17:45   #11015
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
aguero > RVP

city don't need RVP, tbh man utd don't need him either.
to be honest, @ CF.... I'm not sure that's true, but eitherway, you have to admit different styles and likely would compliment each other.

City don't need him. City didn't need balotelli either though. This move is pure.... i don't know what to call it really. Just a waste of money. Sign a 29 year old with injury history who is slightly than dzeko and probably better than tevez (atleast at CF), just so you can sell one of the two for a lower value?

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 09-08-2012, 23:30   #11016
OneUnited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
i think fergie would bench him.

But I think Rooney would respond with getting back to his best. The man is competitive.
It's happened before. If my memory serves me correctly, Rooney came good soon after.
Old 10-08-2012, 23:57   #11017
jackfrost
Senior Team Member

any truth to welbeck + cash to Arsenal for RVP? Welbeck is not included in the squad going to Germany. .could also be fergie puttin pressure on welbeck to put pen to paper.
Old 11-08-2012, 00:53   #11018
OneUnited

Sounds like a load of rubbish. Selling Welbeck shouldn't even come close to being considered.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:10   #11019
Sage
Phase 3

tbf, manutd fan is really harsh when he talks about rooney, he scored 35 goals last season, probably had double digit assists.

he did have a few bad games last season, but scoring 35 + assists is fantastic.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:35   #11020
jackfrost
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
tbf, manutd fan is really harsh when he talks about rooney, he scored 35 goals last season, probably had double digit assists.

he did have a few bad games last season, but scoring 35 + assists is fantastic.
rooney had a more than few bad games last season. In fact, he had way more bad games then he had good games. But he did bang in a lot of goals.
Closed Thread