The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 17-01-2018, 17:48   #3141
Sage
Phase 2

ferguson is a very good fighter with a great spirit but IMO he's molto overrated

his defense standing up is shit, gets hit a lot, what happens when that chin doesn't hold up anymore? people say mcgregor is ducking him but IMO a guy like ferguson is perfect for mcgregor to KO....especially since he's such a slow starter.

Unless khabib gets caught with a hell of a shot, I see him dominating this fight.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 18:18   #3142
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
ferguson is a very good fighter with a great spirit but IMO he's molto overrated

his defense standing up is shit, gets hit a lot, what happens when that chin doesn't hold up anymore? people say mcgregor is ducking him but IMO a guy like ferguson is perfect for mcgregor to KO....especially since he's such a slow starter.

Unless khabib gets caught with a hell of a shot, I see him dominating this fight.
I can see where you are coming from, but those 2 bold part are holes in Khabib's game as well.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 18:22   #3143
Sage
Phase 2

I don't think khabib is a slow starter, not like ferguson anyways

has khabib ever lost a round? ferguson was losing to barboza before he submitted him

I said that khabib's style would be big trouble against a guy like mcgregor since he eats shots with his pressure, but ferguson doesn't have the power mcgregor or even johnson has.
Old 17-01-2018, 18:31   #3144
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I don't think khabib is a slow starter, not like ferguson anyways

has khabib ever lost a round? ferguson was losing to barboza before he submitted him

I said that khabib's style would be big trouble against a guy like mcgregor since he eats shots with his pressure, but ferguson doesn't have the power mcgregor or even johnson has.
Right he has not. But the way he was eating shots from Barboza was a cause of concern for many.

I just think you are writing off Ferguson's power a bit. I remember him busting Aaron Riley's jaw and ending the fight, and Aaron Riley was a tough old school guy.

And my point is that Ferguson's tricky rubber guard /10p style actually invites the top pressure and he seems confident there.

I don't know, I like Khabib in this fight as well but I just think it will be a really close fight.

Signature
Old 17-01-2018, 19:25   #3145
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Right he has not. But the way he was eating shots from Barboza was a cause of concern for many.

I just think you are writing off Ferguson's power a bit. I remember him busting Aaron Riley's jaw and ending the fight, and Aaron Riley was a tough old school guy.

And my point is that Ferguson's tricky rubber guard /10p style actually invites the top pressure and he seems confident there.

I don't know, I like Khabib in this fight as well but I just think it will be a really close fight.
fair enough, I recognize ferguson's threat from his guard but I still think khabib will steamroll him regardless. I don't believe in mma math either but fighters ferguson has struggled with, khabib has absolutely demolished.

the only guy that can stop khabib is conor if he can't eat his shots.

hopefully it's a great fight tho, I don't particularly enjoy 1 sided fights....the khabib barboza fight was uncomfortable at times.

Last edited by Sage; 17-01-2018 at 19:29.
Old 17-01-2018, 19:36   #3146
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
fair enough, I recognize ferguson's threat from his guard but I still think khabib will steamroll him regardless. I don't believe in mma math either but fighters ferguson has struggled with, khabib has absolutely demolished.

the only guy that can stop khabib is conor if he can't eat his shots.

hopefully it's a great fight tho, I don't particularly enjoy 1 sided fights....the khabib barboza fight was uncomfortable at times.
I don't think it will be.

Ferguson actually has decent wrestling and grappling.Unless Khabib hurts Ferguson on his feet, should be a really interesting fight.

For now, I am just hope both can make it to the octagon.

Signature
Old 17-01-2018, 19:37   #3147
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

Quote:
Chris Taylor
@CTaylor_96
Breaking! I have confirmed with sources that Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight for the undisputed UFC lightweight title at #UFC223 in Brooklyn. The bout will be made official later this week. McGregor will be stripped of his title. The bout was 1st reported by TASS
confirmed by Dana

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 19:47   #3148
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:

For now, I am just hope both can make it to the octagon.

btw, I'm calling it....volkan is going to KO DC

I love DC, and he's a better fighter in every aspect..but I don't know why I just feel volkan is going to KO him.
Old 17-01-2018, 19:49   #3149
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
confirmed by Dana
Not confirmed that Conor gets stripped

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 19:50   #3150
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

btw, I'm calling it....volkan is going to KO DC

I love DC, and he's a better fighter in every aspect..but I don't know why I just feel volkan is going to KO him.
Could it be because he's training with Luke?

"What's Luke gonna teach him? Luke can't beat me"

Signature
Old 17-01-2018, 19:50   #3151
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
confirmed by Dana
Just hoping no injuries or weight cut drama...

Signature
Old 17-01-2018, 19:55   #3152
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Could it be because he's training with Luke?
my prediction is that he's going to land a hail mary on DC and he's going to sleep, it won't be by being out boxed or outclassed.

if the fight lasts 5 rounds, it's DC all day every day..but I just feel he's going to land some wonder shot in the first 2 rounds.
Quote:

"What's Luke gonna teach him? Luke can't beat me"

DC

also 100% true

yoel gonna TKO rocksalt
Old 17-01-2018, 22:30   #3153
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Thought khabib lost to gleison iirc. Could have gone either way. Although gleison was juiced to the gills at the time and still couldnt stop khalabeeb.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 02:51   #3154
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
Thought khabib lost to gleison iirc. Could have gone either way. Although gleison was juiced to the gills at the time and still couldnt stop khalabeeb.
Gleison actually has similar game as Khabib, just not as fluid.

A good fighter, but definitely was juiced and seems like he’s a different fighter nowadays.

Signature
Old 18-01-2018, 05:18   #3155
JohnnyWunderboy
Hentai Lover

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini

Quote:
khalabeeb

Signature
JohnnyWunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 06:26   #3156
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Finally, this has been way overdue. I have no issue with Conor making bank and having no motivation to fight but then he should've vacated way earlier.

I got Khabib for that fight. I just think he's too skilled and too strong to get caught by Tony in that fight. I also don't see him gassing. Looking forward to a dominating trademark GNP performance by Khabo.

Once he has the title, I could imagine he'd defend the title an absurd number of times. The division is strong but I feel the rest of the fighters are all a step behind Khabib. But that's early days, who knows, maybe Ferguson can pull an upset, he is still a very decent fighter.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 17:04   #3157
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

For those who are interested in learning a bit more about fighting and the mechanics of it, Danaher breaks it down really well here. Danaher is the brains behind many great MMA fighters (GSP) and is behind the innovative leg lock system which is currently IN META for BJJ tournaments. He is very intelligent and articulates well, perhaps he can give you some new perspective on fighting.

Side note: Joe seems a bit out of his element here. Just goes to show there are different levels to understanding and approaching the fight game.

Signature
Old 18-01-2018, 21:16   #3158
Sage
Phase 2

I'm not going to lie curupira, I was trying to watch it when it was live and I couldn't stay interested because of how boring his tone is
Old 18-01-2018, 21:17   #3159
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
khalabeeb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWunderboy View Post
Uncle Joey
Old 18-01-2018, 22:02   #3160
.A.K.

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

Quote:
For those who are interested in learning a bit more about fighting and the mechanics of it, Danaher breaks it down really well here. Danaher is the brains behind many great MMA fighters (GSP) and is behind the innovative leg lock system which is currently IN META for BJJ tournaments. He is very intelligent and articulates well, perhaps he can give you some new perspective on fighting.

Side note: Joe seems a bit out of his element here. Just goes to show there are different levels to understanding and approaching the fight game.
dont work
.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote