Week 24: AC Milan 1-1 Udinese | Sun 07/02/2016 15:00

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Cac6wxvWwAAIPSj.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Proud of Milan :proud: Proud of our Azzurri :proud:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our results/performances in competitive games(big games, away games) improved with the 4-4-1-1, but if anything has turned worse in home games against provincial teams who won't try to go toe to toe with us. This was also the case when Seedorf dumped the 3 man midfield for a double pivot system. It requires a slower, possession-based game, which we've shown to be better at with 4-3-whatever.

I don't want Miha to go back to 433/4312 though, not even for home games. I just hope he finds a way to solve this, quickly, before Silvio has had enough and gets the 4312 back.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our results/performances in competitive games(big games, away games) improved with the 4-4-1-1, but if anything has turned worse in home games against provincial teams who won't try to go toe to toe with us. This was also the case when Seedorf dumped the 3 man midfield for a double pivot system. It requires a slower, possession-based game, which we've shown to be better at with 4-3-whatever.

I don't want Miha to go back to 433/4312 though, not even for home games. I just hope he finds a way to solve this, quickly, before Silvio has had enough and gets the 4312 back.

This is when it sucks not to have a CF who can pressure the other team's defenders and open up space when they want to sit deep.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is when it sucks not to have a CF who can pressure the other team's defenders and open up space when they want to sit deep.

Yup, we also started up fucking up the supposed-to-be easy home games with Pippo when he used a 4-3-3 with Menez as false 9, who would do none of that, which normally Pazzo would do. Bacca could also learn a thing or two from Pazzo.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Seedorf :heart:

The good old days :cry:

This person really hates Seedorf for whatever reason, made about four video's all mocking, nothing else

Wonder if he's alright.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yup, we also started up fucking up the supposed-to-be easy home games with Pippo when he used a 4-3-3 with Menez as false 9, who would do none of that, which normally Pazzo would do. Bacca could also learn a thing or two from Pazzo.

Yes he could. Milan is basically playing with two SS upfront who don't pressure the defense and rely on counters more than anything else.

It works against the big teams but against these teams that sit deep we need an Adriano to annoy the defense and split them.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
you mean a target man?

someone like pazzini but better? hell no, i am sick of that limited type of players... luca fucking toni type of player?

I d rather go back to 4-3-3 and put another player on the wing who can go past players, or create somthing...

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
L. Adriano is pretty much an improved version of Pazzo

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you mean a target man?

someone like pazzini but better? hell no, i am sick of that limited type of players... luca fucking toni type of player?

I d rather go back to 4-3-3 and put another player on the wing who can go past players, or create somthing...

:fp:
Knowing how to act as target man only adds to your qualities and doesn't mean you rely on your aerial prowess. It just makes you a more complete/better/smarter forward. This is part of the reason why Bacca is inferior to the likes of Higuain, even though he has more pace and is probably the better finisher.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In order to be more effective against teams that sit deep.

If Bacca learned how to play like a proper CF, he would have more goals and would help break down these teams more easily.

Bagheera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If Bacca learned how to play like a proper CF, he would have more goals and would help break down these teams more easily.

Read this forum often, comment hardly ever. Allan_Somewhere, could you please for the enlightenment of everyone, including Carlos himself, teach us all how to be a 'proper CF'..I'm sure you have vast experience in professional leagues, including Serie A and as such eagerly await your informative, trusted, and much relied upon opinions.

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
Read this forum often, comment hardly ever. Allan_Somewhere, could you please for the enlightenment of everyone, including Carlos himself, teach us all how to be a 'proper CF'..I'm sure you have vast experience in professional leagues, including Serie A and as such eagerly await your informative, trusted, and much relied upon opinions.

You dont need to go on safari to know not to pet a crouching tiger.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score

giphy.gif

savage

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
what does bacca need to learn from pazzo though?

Pazzo was not the best target man out there(and is inferior overall to Bacca ofc), but his hold up play was better and you could tell he put a lot of thought into his positioning and movement. He adjusted to the teammates and the game. Bacca relies a bit too much on his pace.
Will still score more goals than most Pazzinis out there since he's one of only a handful of CFs who are clinical and fast.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
The solution is Mario Balotelli obviously

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

So Bacca a speedy player should play a immobile style game like Pazzo who is a strong player?

Makes total sense, btw you should apply for a job at goal.com.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Jack won't make it I'd play Bertolacci in his position, not as a typical LW but rather an advanced LCM.. He can keep the ball, links up well with others and can get dangerous crosses in. Rather him than playing Honda on the left or starting an unfit Boateng

San Gigio, Abate, Alex, Romagnoli, Antonelli, Honda, Kucka, Montoleader, Bertolacci, Bacca, Niang

Hopefully Menez will get some minutes tomorrow

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
Niang LM and Adriano to start alongside Bacca if he is healthy.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Niang LM and Adriano to start alongside Bacca if he is healthy.

"Luiz Adriano has been dropped, partly due to injury, but also because of on-going reports of a move to China.

?He is recovering, he still feels pain and ran for the first time today. I don?t think he is disturbed by transfer rumours. We are happy to have him here, but if there?s a situation that is good for both club and player, then why not take it?"

He isn't.

http://www.football-italia.net/79489/mihajlovic-milan-stay-angry

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It doesn't take vast experience nor rocket science to understand the movement of a CF.

But since it's obvious you need help understanding it.

Here's a CF (Suarez) holding up play vs. 2 players to give his teammates time to make runs

http://gifsoup.com

Here's a CF (Villa) dragging a defender away to open up space for his teammates

34nodms.png

So Bacca a speedy player should play a immobile style game like Pazzo who is a strong player?

Makes total sense, btw you should apply for a job at goal.com.

tumblr_mbzxt23X8c1r3zat8.jpg

Being a proper CF means Bacca should improve his hold up play and learn to drag defenders out of position.

He's not changing his style of play but his movement off the ball.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Being a proper CF means Bacca should improve his hold up play and learn to drag defenders out of position.

He's not changing his style of play but his movement off the ball.

His doing just fine with dragging defenders out of position. Hold up play is best used by players who are not as mobile as him, and more strong physically.

You need to read your FM handbook again.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
At the end of training, Sinisa Mihajlovic called-up the following 23 players for the visit of Udinese:

GOALKEEPERS: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Livieri.
DEFENDERS: Abate, Alex, Antonelli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Romagnoli, Simic, Zapata.
MIDFIELDERS: Bertolacci, Jos? Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli.
FORWARDS: Bacca, Balotelli, Boateng, Honda, Menez, Niang.

Jack Bonaventura has not been called-up because of an injury to his right-hip.

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/160654

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Bertolacci/Kucka/Niang/Poli on the wing?

Maybe Menez somewhere in the 2nd half?

Or back to 4-3-1-2?

Schedule