Andrea Pirlo Thread

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Pirlo will be the best player in Serie A upon his return. You heard it here first! :D

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
Wild said:
------------------Abi
Zamro----Maldini-----Nesta------Janku

------------Gatu------Flamini

------------------Pirlo------
-------Dinho----------------Kaka
------------------Pato
:D

I like that a lot. Now that we actually have more than one player (Kaka) to keep defenses busy Pirlo will have more time to distribute effectively.

I also agree that Pirlo will return to top form upon his return. People forget that he'd been playing for close to 3 years straight. That's a major drain on the body, hopefully this long rest has been good for him.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Wild said:
------------------Abi

------------------Pato

Now thats a great formation although im not sure if Pato can hold up on his own upfront :)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
David-Regal said:
Now I see it. Wild wants Pirlo because he wants to kick Seedorf out :D
Actually I dont want either kicked but I want 4 em 2 b treated fairly with other players & 2 b played only when deserved.
But if I had 2 chose 1 of Seedorf & Pirlo then b sure it would b Seedorf since he was always the less worse performer.
Also we all saw what a motivated Seedorf can do.
But knowing Milan , Pirlo & Seedorf I want both out & b sure both would do better with another club.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Now thats a great formation although im not sure if Pato can hold up on his own upfront :)
I know , but I cant imagine 2 c Milan without Pato.
He is our kid :D
The sad fact is that I feel we arent the club 2 evolve him as he deserve.
We r a great team with great atmosphere but now is just the wrong time 4 Pato.
Still , the kid seems phenomenal & lets hope he can do it despite ...

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Wild said:
------------------Abi

------------------Pato

Man i really want pirlo back and i want to see that!

Gattu is performing this season and also Flamini,they will give pirlo the space he he needs.And when Pirlo has space Kaka ,Dihno& Pato have space..quite the domino effect :D

San Paolo: yeah he will,Pirlo is gonna dominate!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Welcome back maestro.. im wearing his shirt today, thank god its long sleeve its freezing here

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope he can play better in the coming games, as he sucked yesterday...his passing was not good (which is his only true strenght) and his movement as well. I give hime credit for trying and coming back from injury but he should start - that is defenite!

As long Carlo is here, Pirlo will play, so that means we will depend on him a lot - that is why I am hoping he can perform - so forza Pirlo!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Oh ... so for Dinho, we should consider he isn't in top shape, but for Pirlo, he has to perform from his very first game?

Lets give him a chance to settle in with the new team + get to his best fitness and form. Then we'll see.

Great to see him back!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he wasnt doing anything gr8 before the injury

when pirlo is playing peopl say he is tired when he comes back people say he want time to get back in shape, ok if he is so out of shape how did the coach allowed him to start and play for 60-70 minutes :head:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
He didn't do such a bad job... he was a bit rusty, but he did an alright job...

ριρρσ мισ

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zola, Chiesa, Inzaghi, Buffon, Kaka, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Paloschi, Serginho, Borriello
He has been out for the past 2 months unfortunately he couldn't bag a hattrick and 10 assists to deem his performance as mediocre.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
madtherchot said:
Oh ... so for Dinho, we should consider he isn't in top shape, but for Pirlo, he has to perform from his very first game?

Lets give him a chance to settle in with the new team + get to his best fitness and form. Then we'll see.

Great to see him back!

+1 to this.It`s great that his back on the team.I`m sure his motivated now more then ever to succeed. Pirlo unfortunately is the kind of guy that needs to know the team shoots for the stars.

If he knows the team`s objective is forth place,his just gonna play for 4th place. Just look at his performances in 2003-2005 then whit the Azzuri.When we were a team that was aiming for glory he was always at his best,when not..he played mediocre.

I trust him that his gonna help us win the scudetto this year.

Forza Pirlo.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
He made a FANTASTIC pass to Janku on the left to cross for Pato .....the ball slalomed through the entire defense :eek:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:

Great to see him back!
Its not fair 2 judge Pirlo after 1 game but 2 mention him next 2 Dinho is a bit extreme :)
I mean an unfit Dinho as our leadin scorer + crucial goals + assists shouldn't b compared with an unfit player who didnt have a good start.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Wild said:
Its not fair 2 judge Pirlo after 1 game but 2 mention him next 2 Dinho is a bit extreme :)
I mean an unfit Dinho as our leadin scorer + crucial goals + assists shouldn't b compared with an unfit player who didnt have a good start.
Exactly what did Dinho do in his first game for us? Didn't he also have the Olympics to work on his match fitness? Not trying to take anything away from Dinho's performances, but you aren't fair on this matter.

Same way you used to bash Pirlo over every free kick missed. Yes, Dinho scored one, but how many did he take that ended up in the stands?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Calcio Debate: Is Pirlo A Hindrance To Milan?

23551_news.jpg

Andrea Pirlo has played four Serie A games this season, from which Milan have obtained just a single point. One draw, three defeats, and a whopping nine goals conceded. Compare this to the Rossoneri’s league record when Pirlo has not been playing: Played 10, Won Eight, Drawn Two, Lost None.

Coincidence? It seems not.

Milan were touted by many experts as Inter’s most realistic challenger for the Scudetto during the summer, but successive defeats against Bologna and Genoa at the start of the season dampened such expectations. Pirlo then suffered a thigh injury in training in the penultimate week of September, which would rule him out of action for two months.

Without Pirlo, and one must also take into account their excellent UEFA Cup form, Milan excelled. Only a few weeks ago, they had roared to the top of Serie A, and prior to the trip to Torino on November 23, the Diavoli trailed leaders Inter, who they also beat in the derby, by just a solitary point. A 2-2 draw with the Granata, followed by yesterday’s 3-1 reverse at Palermo, has suddenly seen this gap alarmingly increase to six points.

There can be no denying the genius of Pirlo. Old-school players like him are rare in today’s game and, when on form, which he clearly isn’t just yet, there isn’t a better deep-lying playmaker in the world. However, Milan certainly have a problem at the moment trying to tactically fit Pirlo into their line-up.

I personally have my doubts whether the 29-year-old can co-exist in the same team as Clarence Seedorf and Ronaldinho – two players who can also be considered as luxuries. With all three in the same starting XI, do Milan have enough defensive cover? Are they protected at set-pieces? Is there enough pace or athletic efficiency in the team?

Yesterday, Ronaldinho was the only Milan player on the pitch to shine. In fact, despite earlier missing a costly penalty, he was quite sensational in the second half, particularly in the last 20 minutes where he was beating opponents like he used to at Barcelona. It would be impossible to drop Ronnie based on his current form, but surely one of the three has to make way?

This may prove problematic though, as all three players are modern legends who are not going to take kindly to sitting on the bench. At San Siro, Milan can certainly get away with fielding the trio. Away from home, when they need to be more compact and show more resolve, there is always the danger of capitulating just like last night.

Carlo Ancelotti has a tough choice to make.

What are your views on this topic? Is Andrea Pirlo a hindrance to Milan? Can Pirlo, Seedorf and Ronaldinho co-exist in the same starting XI? If not, who should be dropped, and what team and formation should Ancelotti employ? Goal.com wants to know what YOU think…

Carlo Garganese

goalcrap.com

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Bravo from crap.com . a really good and valid argument.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As much as i love Pirlo his becoming a liability just like slowdorf. God i wish we had gourcuff :(

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
inomilan said:
1st time goal.crap actually made a debate against Pirlo :eek:
wild has invaded goal.com also :eek:

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
clear sarcasm chatterjee , but unfortunately this smiley has lost its meaning

:o

Last edited:

Schedule