Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
radioactivenerd said:
saviola to madrid

well agreed personal terms atleast....

this would fucking rock

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cry:
Javi... he won't play a lot there, unless madrid sells some players

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
radioactivenerd said:
saviola to madrid

well agreed personal terms atleast....

this would fucking rock
I know he was probably frustrated with Messi, who was (rightfully) getting all the attention. But why go to Real Madrid? I know the answer of course: Money, Money, and Money.

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
FT Barça 1 - 0 Levante; Real is up one against Bilbao right now. I'm a bit miffed because I'm pretty much watching the match for Becks and Sergio Ramos (!) and they scored a goal together (Beckham freekick, Ramos header) the moment my steam decided to fuck up and I missed it.

Edit: FT Bilbao 1 - 4 Real.

Spanish fans are terrible and Beckham will miss the next match against Sevilla.

Last edited:

MahmoodAB

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all Milanese are one
i hate real madrid, and i hate their fans
----------it's in my blood-------------

init so anoyying the horn sound that the fans do when madrid playing, BULL

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
barcelona win 2-0 over real sociedad scores by andreas iniesta and samuel etoo..
and ronaldinho in top form..

valencia win 2-1 against deportivo la caruna..valencia scorers:hugo viana and david silva...deportivo:taborda

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Didn't think bucky played particularly well aside from the assist to Eto'o. Sociadad's defense was all over the place as I've never seen so many one-on-ones in a top game. Eto'o + bucky were the most guilty in a Barca side that, atm, is specializing in throwing away the easiest of chances.

Real - Sevilla today. Any takes? 1-2 for me :)

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Real - Sevilla today. Any takes? 1-2 for me :)
I'll be watching this one. I think 2 - 0; van Nistelrooy and maybe somebody from a Beckham freekick.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Yeah, I actually think Real will win, but I want Sevilla to scrape it through.

OT: Is that J-Lo in your avatar?

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't like Sevilla because they have the worst fans.

No, but I can see why you'd think so. It's actually Caroline Celico, Kakà's wife. :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Never heard of Sevilla fans having a bad reputation though I don't know much about them.

The more I saw the pic, the more I began to think it wasn't 'Jenny from the block' :rolleyes: Also, you don't seem to be the kind that would put her pic as your avatar :)

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
They're pretty known to be violent and racist.

No, I'm pretty indifferent about J-Lo. :)

Real - Sevilla starting now, not sure about the latter's line-up, but the former's look good:

Casillas; Cicinho, Ramos, Cannavaro, Torres; Beckham, Emerson, Diarra, Robinho; Raúl, Van Nistelrooy.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Sevilla fans are good banter, I even joined in their festivities after they beat Barca to go top of the league.

Sevilla don't even have the worst fans in Andalucia, Betis are much worse, just days before the Barca victory they had a huge riot in the Copa. The worst fans in La Liga are Zaragoza, just ask Eto'o.

Good luck to my Al Andalus amigos tonight. :)

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What a fantastic goal by Maresca for Sevilla! Minutes before half-time too.

Edit:

FT Real 3 - 2 Sevilla; wonderful match. :D

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
madtherchot Rvn's 2 goals today means he has scored more league goals than Droba and is on par with him with 6 champions league goals this season. So in Drogba's only good season, Rvn still kicked his ass :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
menon... you cannot say that... since Drogba is judged differently...

for a great striker like van Nistelrooy... that is a pathetic goal record...

however for a crap striker like Drogba... that is a world class *standin' ovation* record by his standard...

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
censorthiis said:
What a fantastic goal by Maresca for Sevilla! Minutes before half-time too.

Edit:

FT Real 3 - 2 Sevilla; wonderful match. :D

Oh darn ... well this means I'll have to be supporting Real now :rolleyes: Anyone but Barca :D

menon_inc said:
madtherchot Rvn's 2 goals today means he has scored more league goals than Droba and is on par with him with 6 champions league goals this season. So in Drogba's only good season, Rvn still kicked his ass :D
Honestly, do you still think we would've been better off signing RVN over Drogba last summer? That was where the comparison of the two players initiated ... I'm pretty sure Drogba would have had a MUCH BETTER season if we signed him. RVN would have been a flop :tongue:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Honestly, do you still think we would've been better off signing RVN over Drogba last summer? That was where the comparison of the two players initiated ... I'm pretty sure Drogba would have had a MUCH BETTER season if we signed him. RVN would have been a flop :tongue:

Ofcourse we would have been better off signing RVN without a shadow of a doubt. Firstly, RVN has scored more league goals and has the same ammount of goals with Drogba in the champions league. RVN just moved from United to Real this year and look how fast he adapted. Drogba is having his first good season with Chelsky so if he joined Milan, we could have had another Gila, Oli for at least 3-4 years until he settles down. :)

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
menon... you cannot say that... since Drogba is judged differently...

for a great striker like van Nistelrooy... that is a pathetic goal record...

however for a crap striker like Drogba... that is a world class *standin' ovation* record by his standard...

Well cant deny the fact that you have a point :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Ofcourse we would have been better off signing RVN without a shadow of a doubt. Firstly, RVN has scored more league goals and has the same ammount of goals with Drogba in the champions league. RVN just moved from United to Real this year and look how fast he adapted. Drogba is having his first good season with Chelsky so if he joined Milan, we could have had another Gila, Oli for at least 3-4 years until he settles down. :)

Well the move from England to Spain more oftenly sees a striker scoring more goals ... see Morientes and Kanoute, to name a few.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
well that weekend wasnt the best for valencia, but it wasnt all bad. atletico and zaragoza lost, which means we should be able to hold on to the CL spot atleast, specially with the games we have coming up.
The league seems to be gone, but with our easy schedule, hopefully we can overtake sevilla who will definitely be a little tired with their uefa cup and spanish cup commitments.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Well the move from England to Spain more oftenly sees a striker scoring more goals ... see Morientes and Kanoute, to name a few.

Lets not even talk about their Epl record because RVN kicked Drogba's ass big time there :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Lets not even talk about their Epl record because RVN kicked Drogba's ass big time there :D
We weren't referring to the past but after last summer when the supposed move would have taken place. Besides, just saw the highlights (yeah, couldn't watch the game) and all credit has to go to Guti for all three Madrid goals. RVN, surprise surprise, just had tap ins to deal with :rolleyes: of which we already had two players of the sort back then ... Pippo and Gila. RVN wouldn't have made sense - Drogba would have.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
We weren't referring to the past but after last summer when the supposed move would have taken place. Besides, just saw the highlights (yeah, couldn't watch the game) and all credit has to go to Guti for all three Madrid goals. RVN, surprise surprise, just had tap ins to deal with :rolleyes: of which we already had two players of the sort back then ... Pippo and Gila. RVN wouldn't have made sense - Drogba would have.

Yeah but you have to posses some form of talent to actually sense and wait in a good position to score goals and RVN has been doing that his entire career. The fact that he adapted fast from moving from the dutch league to the english league to the spanish league is also a good indication that he can adapt to different environment and still get the job done. Gila has been nothing short of pathetic this season and Inzaghi as usual has spend most of this time in the hospital. Rvn would have done a better job than the 2. Drogba would have probably taken 3-4 seasons to finally settle down. :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
So, you seriously think RVN has had a better season than Drogba? :rolleyes:

Anyway, enough of that. Guess we'll have to leave that for another season ;)

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
So, you seriously think RVN has had a better season than Drogba? :rolleyes:

Anyway, enough of that. Guess we'll have to leave that for another season ;)

I dont think but thats pretty much what their goal scoring record says. Well that for Drogba standards is fantastic but for Ruud's level is just good since he has had better seasons and that says a lot. Well that being said, Drogba has a fantastic record in the carling cup when he is up againts the Arsenal reserves, etc :)