NoPoliNoParty

Beginner
Reaction score
For sure.

m_1440907754.jpg

Just look at that dedication.

Diving to tackle even after Saponara kicked the ball. :proud:

um-no-gif1.gif

He was a constant positive for the other team's attackers.

Agree to disagree on this. Feel he is given far too much stick. Not the best in the world I agree and rash at times but can also be effective

Romagnely

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Sheva, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Cafu, Gattuso, Ibra, Bennacer, Tomori
What is this for bs. De Jong is no regista... Why is there even a discussion about. Two completely different players who have different roles and needs. If you wanna play more defensive then play NdJ, if more creative Montolivo.

Although i must admit that De Jong isn'T that good anymore as he used to be, he is still a great interceptor and his pass succes rate is pretty high, i can remember him giving a lot of good long balls (forward).

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
From the derby, i see improvement from montolivo, now he can delay the ball then he change it to other direction...meanwhile until now de jong only playing save passing, esp. Long ball/wide.

I want change so i like montolivo.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Gotta try Montolivo for next couple weeks. See if there's a role for NDJ next to him (doubtful)

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Monty all day long!

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everyone hopped back on the anti-dejong pro-monty train after 1 decent performance by montolivo

Like I said before, if we're using the DM position as a playmaker position then Montolivo is the only plkayer we have that can do this, whether he can do this great or not is another issue.

So with the current formation we should ot use De Jong in front of the defense because then we are forcing him to be a creator which he is not. So either use him in the Gattuso role or try him at CB.

In Seedorfs 4-2-3-1, de Jong did great because every time we were attacking our LB and RB would move up and our formation would look a bit like this

--------CF
--LM--CAM--RM--
LB-----DM----RB
--CB--De Jong--CB

Which is perfect because now he doesn't have to try and control the midfield

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Why not try NDJ as RCM in the same way Gattuso was used? Probably he's too old to learn new tricks but maybe his time spent at Ajax would help him in the attacking phase.

Just a thought

------------Kucka?/Kaka
--Bona/Seedorf------NDJ/Gattuso
------------Monto/Pirlo

I know huge downgrade but what can you do?

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
So what do we say now?

Monto or de Jong as defensive midielder?

:D

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
its a tough one. montolivo has been the most underrated player in milan's resurgence in recent weeks. he has returned to the fantastic level he was at before he broke his leg. he played 8 bad games last season but apart from that has had a career at the highest level.

ndj on the other hand is a washed up one dimensional player in the mls who couldn't even cement his place in the first team when our captain had metal pins stuck inside his broken bones.

tough one.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
Shut up. Youre even annoying me.

Who even asked you anything hypocrite?

You've been all over de Jong his whole time here and now you are gonna act like you respect him when he left? Get that crap out of here. This is a legit question made many months ago. Hypocrite

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who even asked you anything hypocrite?

You've been all over de Jong his whole time here and now you are gonna act like you respect him when he left? Get that crap out of here. This is a legit question made many months ago. Hypocrite

Stop being a twit. De Jong deserves respect because he's a good player, regardless of his performances played out of position while here in Milan.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stop being a twit. De Jong deserves respect because he's a good player, regardless of his performances played out of position while here in Milan.

I haven't said otherwise. It's goodfella who attacks me, when he was the one who was leading the anti de jong brigade on this forum his whole time here. Now I'm suddenly annoying him cause I ask a legit question?

Nowhere in this thread have I disrespected de Jong.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

nope

This thread is just stupid. That's how it annoys me.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
nope

This thread is just stupid. That's how it annoys me.

Nope. He partnered Barry at Man City very, very well. He also had great games in Germany and Holland, as well as the national team, which is what made him a high-profile player. He might not be the type of player you like, or even one that I prefer in hardly any midfield, but he's still a talented footballer. To deny that is straight idiocy.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Thread is redundant since NDJ has moved to another club. Me going to close it. If any other disagree, please appeal to the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule