FC BARCELONA vs AC MILAN in CL

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
So Tomasson is starting ?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
I Love You Sheva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uno A Zerro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well first half is over.
MILANS tactic was definetly TO DEFEND ONLY, we can be the proudest team on the planet that we have a man like Sheva who only need a one opportunity to score! I think they had more then 60% possesion.
Our defense looks totally shakey, can't clear a freaking ball out!
Kaka is playin quite awful, givin up balls too much, same goes for Ambro.Kaka have had a opportunity to pass one ball for Sheva
which he would probably make it 2-0 and maybe make Barca frustrated even more, but our BAD defense in first half let them score.
Eto and Deco are passing our back four like kids!
If Ancelotti doesn't change a tactic I'm afraid we will loose this one.

Last edited:

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Here are the complete stats of the 1st half:

Total shots 12-4
Shots on target 1-3
Shots wide 8-1
Blocked shots 3-0
Fouls commited 7-7
Corners 1-1
Offsides 0-1
Possesion 62% - 38%

Last edited:

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Thanks for the info,YUGOSLAVIAN!!!
I hope Sheva scores a second!!! :D

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
milan surely looked like they didnt want to win at all, practically giving the ball and play on full defensive half field...

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You know what, I'm tired of this, I don't blame players only at all, they were just playing the way Mr.Ancelotti told them!
FUCKED UP!
This was supposed to be a great one, we are not CSKA MOSCOW to play like this, this is just terrible, I don't know what the hell is he thinking but is embarssing play with no ambition to win... NOT JUST to win, but to run, pass and tackle. TERRIBLE!

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Oh no,Ronaldinho shoots the 2:1...the game is over...

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
I am extremely dissapointed with this match, especially when this was one of those rare matches when i got to see milan play live on tv... I know milan already had 9 points but it was just like depor match when they destroyed us 4-0... there was no will to win what so ever...
even when sheva scored the goal carlo's reaction was only a thumb up...
well, at least they showed some defense...

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
we sucked , it was same night like in La Coruna .. we didnt even made 2 passes..

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Defense my a**, we create problems for ourselfs in defense, they were just beatin' us up, I don't remember if I saw three clean passes from three Milan players. Let me think...
NO I HAVEN'T. Ancelotti this is ACM not some bully a** team!
Man Im so dissapointed!

Only good thing is, this is my 1000 post!

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
A fully deserved win for Barcelona.Barca totally outplayed Milan.We had a wrong approach to the game.In the second half we did not create a single chance.I don't know why we defended all the time???And Carlo made the dumbest subtitutions in the world.To be honest I would have been angry even if we played a draw cos' Milan surely did not deserve that.And it was not the defence fault for the goals cos' you can't defend for 90 min. against Ronnie,Deco,Eto'o and not concide a goal.I'm to angry and depresed to talk about the game and I have to study cos' I got a exam tomorow so I will sleep on it and than write about the game cos' I'll maybe be banned if I start using the words that are on my mind wright now.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
besikaka said:
we sucked , it was same night like in La Coruna .. we didnt even made 2 passes..

i know...and i agree..its sad...it looked like a team from the top league playing againts a team on the brink of relagation!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
shit. fuck that...

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Let's see:

-No desire to win
-No Milan players standing out
-Simple mistakes made very often

I don't blame the players or the coach even though im very dissapointed. It was a very hard match and we lacked passion. Barca were always on top of us all the time.

For me it was a big mistake to play Serginho instead of another striker. We did not create many decent chances. Ambrosini made a mistake too often in the first half. When Seedorf came to the match in the last 20 mins, he looked so uninterested in the game. And why was Sheva taken off in the last few minutes ? He was our only hope. :conf:

Nonetheless, it was a great game to watch and a great strike by Ronaldinho. Barca fans are total a*sholes booing Sheva off when he got injured. If we had a draw it would have been a result we would have been over the moon with, but it wasn't to be.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What game did you watch ?
From your post I realize you didn't watch B vs. M.
I thought you were happy with the formation when we talked about it ?
Not Carlos fault or players?
Did you see any player having a desire to play ?
What did you see after Sheva scored ? Did you look at the coach face?
Was he happy, man deal with facts!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barcelona were the *much* better side, Milan looked not only uninspired + devoid of willpower but *INEPT* :o

I hate it when our weaknesses are exposed so cruelly but I won't put the blame solely on Ancelotti, I'm sure he didn't instruct the players to embarrass themselves... IMO the defending isn't worth praising either, it had such a desperate touch at times + we could have easily ended up with a higher defeat if Barca's finishing had been a bit more precise.

And I soo fought to be able to watch this match. Damn, should have contented myself with Werder vs RSC :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
agreed. Lackluster play from us, and I all think we should consider the result a gift. We had our arses handed to us tonight. The lone good is that it was from a class side indeed (as much as I want to strike myself for giving them that much credit).

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
That was a totally Shameful performance and if it wasn't for Sheva's goal and Dida's saves, they could've made a joke of themselves, that's if they actually didn't do that already :o
The midfielders were acting as if they're playing football for the first time in their lives and I mean it, NO exceptions ... I don't wanna go on and waste my time to describe how much we sucked today 'cause I'm totally not in mood ...
Thanx to Sheva, Dida and Nesta for keeping my face in one piece today ... And as for the rest, thanx for nothing :rolleyes:

FORZA MILAN!!!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
I thought you were happy with the formation when we talked about it ?
Yes but definitely not with Serginho and Ambrosini playing. I would have much rather have seen another striker instead of Serginho.

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
Not Carlos fault or players?
No. Barca were just too good on the night. We are very close to the next phase anyway now with Celtic beating Shakhtar.

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
Did you see any player having a desire to play ??
Rhino, Nesta, Dida, Sheva... It was not our night though. Barcas fans made it very difficult and they were their 12th player.

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
Was he happy, man deal with facts!

No you should deal with the facts. As a Milan supporter, you are expecting us to win every single dam game or you will start crying out. Look at the positives even when we loose and the 'facts' as you say that Barca were too good on the night. Milan can have it's bad days you know... thats what you should realise.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm so damn glad for note recording it.
Somethin' was telling me, DON't do it ;)
On what basis you think this wasn't Carlos fault?
We all remember last year against Depor, his tactic killed us.
Also against Real Madrid, remember that game we lost 3-1
Both of those game we were in good position, vs Deportivo we had
a 4-1 win in the first leg, and vs Real we didn't need no more points for qualifications so Carlo is like "We're goin for a win in every match"
The same bull that he sais in those kind of matches, and instead he
put a defensive tactic with no football at all, just stand on that grass
90 mins and let's get out of here, that's him!
I said this once and I stand with it for ever, any great coach from a big club would do the BETTER JOB with the team that we have.
come on look at us, best defense, almost best midf players and quiet the best forwards in the world! They're together for couple of years now, and instead of improvin the game, we are backin uP!
WTF

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So we have a "Spanish sindrom" ,huh? Although last year's lucklaster performance was not forgotten, we have yet another game not to remind ourselves of...It's a shame because Milan is a much better team then they showed tonight at Camp Nou.
Be kitsur, DISSAPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not because of the result but because of the way.

Last edited:

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Yes but definitely not with Serginho and Ambrosini playing. I would have much rather have seen another striker instead of Serginho.

No. Barca were just too good on the night. We are very close to the next phase anyway now with Celtic beating Shakhtar.

Rhino, Nesta, Dida, Sheva... It was not our night though. Barcas fans made it very difficult and they were their 12th player.

No you should deal with the facts. As a Milan supporter, you are expecting us to win every single dam game or you will start crying out. Look at the positives even when we loose and the 'facts' as you say that Barca were too good on the night. Milan can have it's bad days you know... thats what you should realise.

You didn't understand me what I said.
I understand bad nights and days, we all have to deal with looses sometimes, but not with these kinds. All those 11 players inluding the two subs. came to the pitch without doing anything at all. Tell me one good play you saw except from a Pirlos pass and STRONG SHEVA who made a 1-0 lead?
The fact is, Milan didn't came to play tonight! The worst club from SERIE C would at least make three good passes, which wasn't a case with us 2night.
Tonight's Milan reminded me of Azzurri from last couple of years!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
You didn't understand me what I said.
I understand bad nights and days, we all have to deal with looses sometimes, but not with these kinds. All those 11 players inluding the two subs. came to the pitch without doing anything at all. Tell me one good play you saw except from a Pirlos pass and STRONG SHEVA who made a 1-0 lead?
The fact is, Milan didn't came to play tonight! The worst club from SERIE C would at least make three good passes, which wasn't a case with us 2night.

I said Barca were too good thats why we didn't play well enough. Get me?

Barca supporters surely made it a living hell for our players. When Shevchenko was injured and had to go behind the goal for treatment they started throwing items from crowd at him. Not very inspiring or 'fair play'.

It is very funny how when we won a Serie A and Champions League everyone hailed Ancelotti and now all of a sudden after one 1 goal loss you turn your back against him and blame it on him? I'm sorry it doesn't go like that.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I was never a supporter of Ancelotti, and never will be.
For both CL and Scudetto I congratulate to players, and players only!
Come on man, look at your arguments, "SUPPORTERS"
These are world class players we are talking about, Nesta, Maldini, Sheva and so on, they all went throu the pressure of that 12th player so many times before. I'd say WE BEATED OURSELFS, Barca just used the opportunity to pass the ball for fully 90 mins in front of us staring without doing anything.
I would appreciate a 4-0 defeat but with some effort and hard work from players, but this was just awful!
UGLY!

Nata

Primavera
Reaction score
Ancelloti pisses me off!..I think he wanted to get away with a 1-0 again...Im very dissapointed and achamed...Ball possesssion 63% Barca 37% Milan. PATHETIC...sometimes I wonder...
If it wasn't for Sheva...-anywayz I wish Stam played today,things woulda been different.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No it wouldn't one player is not allowed to change tactic.
Stam would've followed what coach said of course!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
I was never a supporter of Ancelotti, and never will be.
For both CL and Scudetto I congratulate to players, and players only!

Ok, so you don't like him, but you don't think he deserves any credit at all? Pfft.
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
Come on man, look at your arguments, "SUPPORTERS".
Actually it wasn't an argument, just a general point I wanted to bring up. But it can be an argument. You look at black players when they get racially abused when they play in the former Soviet Union or whatever, it brings them down. Don't you think that throwing items at players is a violent conduct and also brings them down?

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
These are world class players we are talking about, Nesta, Maldini, Sheva and so on, they all went throu the pressure of that 12th player so many times before.

Yeah and so have Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Giuly, Deco... we took our chances at home and Barca took theirs at Nou Camp.

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
I'd say WE BEATED OURSELFS, Barca just used the opportunity to pass the ball for fully 90 mins in front of us staring without doing anything.
I would appreciate a 4-0 defeat but with some effort and hard work from players, but this was just awful!
UGLY!

Geez, that's deep. Wait, was that a joke? :tongue: You'd prefer to loose 4-0 to 2-1? Well, we lost 2-1 but we scored an away goal which incase of a tie-breaker (if it was ever to come to this, highly unlikely) we would have the advantage over Barca. It's 2-2 on aggregate with us scoring an away goal. Also, however hard the effort is in a match, it is results taken into calculation.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Another striker doesn't serve us at all when our midfield comes up with... NOTHING. Also, keep in mind that our remaining options, out-of-form JDT + CrapCrespo, would have added further embarrassment, but no goals.

~Biski Biskit~ said:
Aw... no... please, let's not make excuses. It's not the first time Milan had to deal with a rather unfriendly crowd, that's just the way it is in away matches ;)

~Biski Biskit~ said:
As a Milan supporter, you are expecting us to win every single dam game or you will start crying out.
I didn't expect them to win this one, but unfortunately I expected them to draw. Normally, I do take into consideration the quality of the opponent + our current form + that's why the result doesn't come as a total surprise. I would like to think our problem tonight was indifference + not lack of ability, but I'm not sure...

Schedule