The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 24-02-2021, 16:43   #18501
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
the we run was good. now it?s time for a new one though

I have an idea

1min 5secs - 1min6secs.

( I looked but there wasnt a shorter vid or a gif available)

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Galli, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, R10, R9, Rivaldo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 16:52   #18502
vB9
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
AC Milan to pass on Man Utd fullback Dalot

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Galli, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, R10, R9, Rivaldo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
Old 24-02-2021, 16:52   #18503
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
I understand why Vulture is shitting on Calabria....but I don't agree with it.
Essentially Calabria is going through a good patch of form.
Same as Romagnoli had earlier in the season.

However Calabria is not an A-grade dribbler. He's not taking free kicks. He's not fast.
So when things change a bit, he can struggle again...and the same ppl praising him will resume shitting on him. Just look at the number of ppl shitting on Roma.

Essentially, and I don't want to put words in his mouth (no homo) but Calabria is agood player....but maybe not a great one.
Romagnoli's good patch of form ended when he got injured in July last year. But he was never a good fit for a team that presses high.

Calabria has a good sense of where to be, defensively and offensively. And a pretty good technique. Good passer, good finisher. Overall a good versatile fullback who is skilled and smart enough to handle different roles.

Still, I'm not satisfied with him as starter.
I think Kalulu could be the ideal cross between a right-back and centre-back that we're lacking. They're both good at anticipating and intercepting passes, but Pierre is not as easily pushed around and beaten in the air as Davide. He's fast enough to recover when he's caught on the break. Fast enough to become an offensive threat, as he showed against Crvena. Fast and skilled enough to progress with the ball when opponents are good at blocking passing lanes. Not as selfish as Theo or Calabria once he gets into the final 3rd.

Davide is obviously the better RB for us at the moment, but I think Pierre will surpass him if he gets some continuity in that position.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 16:53   #18504
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
Of course you don't, you called Hakan Honda lol
Oh come on, that's when he was playing on the wing exclusively and running at a turtles pace, showing nothing other than random long range goals and a few assists. It was a reasonable comparison at the time

Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:00   #18505
vB9
Man with a Plan

As far as no.10s go... Hakan is closer to Honda than he is to dear Dejan.

Signature
Old 24-02-2021, 17:02   #18506
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post

I wanna see a leao- rebic striker partnership soo badly.
The big nosed pensionist can keep the bench warm in the meantime

@pioli wake up!
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:03   #18507
Khurrisu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: bench suso

So many prolonged contract talks probably had a negative effect on the team's form. We were an entirely different team in 2020. Such a shame.
Khurrisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:04   #18508
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
Calabria is our best player this season. Most consistent.

Definitely
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:09   #18509
yungfreddy
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
Calabria is our best player this season. Most consistent.
yes he is very consistent in adding nothing to attack
also very consistent in being very weak wich will lead to goals regardless of how good he presses

what a player <3

Signature
yungfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:16   #18510
leaf
voodoo donkey

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Romagnoli's good patch of form ended when he got injured in July last year. But he was never a good fit for a team that presses high.

Calabria has a good sense of where to be, defensively and offensively. And a pretty good technique. Good passer, good finisher. Overall a good versatile fullback who is skilled and smart enough to handle different roles.

Still, I'm not satisfied with him as starter.
I think Kalulu could be the ideal cross between a right-back and centre-back that we're lacking. They're both good at anticipating and intercepting passes, but Pierre is not as easily pushed around and beaten in the air as Davide. He's fast enough to recover when he's caught on the break. Fast enough to become an offensive threat, as he showed against Crvena. Fast and skilled enough to progress with the ball when opponents are good at blocking passing lanes. Not as selfish as Theo or Calabria once he gets into the final 3rd.

Davide is obviously the better RB for us at the moment, but I think Pierre will surpass him if he gets some continuity in that position.
Not disagreeing but Calabria does have his weaknesses and just like Roma was destroyed, I could see him easily getting burned/outmuscled in much the same way. I'm not as extreme as YF (see below) but he has some points.

I've seen forum extremists call him "our own Cafu" or something of the sort
Heeeeellll No. Calabria is great. He's gritty defensively. His technique, passing and shooting are good. (His shooting might be better than Cafu's). But he's no Cafu. Hell he's no Zambrotta either.

After a similarly great stretch as he's having now....I remember him having a torrid run of form. And that's what you can/should expect from the players with lesser ability. It might not be quite at the same level or range as Roma, but I think it's very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungfreddy View Post
also very consistent in being very weak wich will lead to goals regardless of how good he presses

what a player <3
I feel you bro. Don't agree totally but I feel you (n/h)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
yea...think his words were that he is trash
I'll chalk that up to the tendency for ppl to gravitate towards hot takes and speak in superlatives on a forum of guys

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.

Last edited by leaf; 24-02-2021 at 17:31.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:17   #18511
VultureSheva
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungfreddy View Post

what a player <3
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:25   #18512
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Singo isnt even 10% the player Calabria is
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:25   #18513
VultureSheva
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
Calabria isnt even 10% the player Singo is
True
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:33   #18514
vB9
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Monaco star confirms Benoit Badiashile ?22m offer from Manchester United
That was all I cud copy b4 an adblock overlay blocked the content. Basically he went on to say how he rejected Utd... but Monaco didnt.

Feekyo at 35m over BB at 22/25m? Now, Im not even going to lift my eyes to Paolo so VS you better go ask him wots going on.

Signature
Old 24-02-2021, 17:34   #18515
yungfreddy
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
havent been keeping up with talents as i used to do but he looks nice
we really need consistent players and have to be comfortable in small spaces/quick passing ...every single player except gk and cb ..atleast..if cb can play its even better

Signature
yungfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:46   #18516
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
We need more ball playing mens, looking at technique something like this:

Gigio
Calabria (because Kalulu still raw)-Alessio-Gabbia-Theo
Bennacer-Kessie (this one not that much)
Diaz-Hakan-Leao
Ibra

One of our biggest problems is that we still aren?t doing well with the ball compared to big clubs.

We?ve got some donkeys.
Bayern doesn't have a passenger or bad presser in the front 4.
Lewa, Sane, Coman, Muller, Gnabry, Kimmich and Goretzka press as a unit and no one cheats out of it.

We have Ibra who walks around for the most part when he doesn't have the ball, and the rest try to compensate by abandoning their position to do Ibra's dirty work - which makes us very vulnerable to teams who know how to transition into attack quickly.
We have Leao who doesn't know how to press, doesn't know how to block passing lanes, doesn't know how to act in cohesion with the rest....but usually he doesn't even try.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:50   #18517
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
True
getting Meite = omg fodder as he came from a relegation battling club
Singo = omg world class, just happens to be at the wrong club in the wrong time

go back to feeding chicken
Old 24-02-2021, 17:57   #18518
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
damn, I wanted to defend calabria, but then I saw this. Why is it always extremes with this board
Cala is indeed our most consistent player.
Whats surprising about that?

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:59   #18519
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bola View Post
Was Gattuso a great player? Or Inzaghi? Many people here said they were, but I don't remember Inzaghi being great dribbler Aor Gattuso tsking freekick for example.
Wat?

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 18:19   #18520
taura
Attaccareeee

As reported by Calcio & Finanza, Milan bought the headquarters in via Aldo Rossi, in which it had been rented for the last six years. Casa Milan therefore became the entire property of the Rossoneri club, an operation aimed at improving financial efficiency, in perfect line with Elliott's strategy. In November 2020, Milan had established the newco "Casa Milan Srl", intended to take over the Vittoria Assicurazioni property, which had been the previous owner of the headquarters. As agreed, the Milanese club had a purchase option on the property that could be exercised by 31 December 2020. To purchase the headquarters, Milan spent about 42 million euros, an investment financed by Unicredit.