The Rumour Commode XXVII: Zorro's Days of Arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.
Jovic would be such a dream tbh. I’d take him on a dry loan with the hope that Madrid end up letting him stay here because he’s not a “galactico”

I’d happily take him on a loan with an option of 70-80m
he is a great player but don’t see him playing alongside Piatek

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Always had doubts about Jovic. Why does RM want to get rid of him? They have old Benzema and Mariano who barely played last season. He is worse than those 2?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
he is a great player but don’t see him playing alongside Piatek

I think they’d complement each other brilliantly, Jovic gives me Sheva vibes. I don’t think these rumours are true but if they are we need to snap him up.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
CM: Milan, there is also Jovic among the occasions of Maldini's trip to Madrid

L'Equipe: PSG wants a goalkeeper: Donnarumma the hottest name

CorSport - Donnarumma remains at Milan, in September it will be the renewal

Ag. Torreira: "Milan? There was a chance but Arsenal said no"

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Jovic, if he's offered to us, should be a no-brainer. He scores goals. We need goalscorers.

It is extremely worrying that even if we take the career best season figures of our top 5-6 attackers in the starting XI currently, we'll barely get to 40-50 goals over the course of the season. That's not top 6, let alone top 4.

Edit: I was checking to see if I was right and was shocked to see the identity of the player who has the best goalscoring numbers for any season in his career in the current Milan squad after Piatek. Any guesses?

Last edited:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tuttoshit - No feedback for Castillejo-Celta Vigo

Il Giornale - Milan, Icardi suggestion: Rossoneri tempted

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Isn't Jovic a pure CF? I've seen him a few times but can't say much about his style of playing. If he can complement Pjona this would be great. Piatek, Jovic, Leao is insane amount of talent

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would you guys take Icardi of available? Personally i don't rate him that high. What do u guys think?

Football wise - great player. Shit person though. If he is available for a small sum I would buy him just to sell him for more money next summer :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Would you guys take Icardi of available? Personally i don't rate him that high. What do u guys think?

In terms of actual ability, I've considered him the best striker in Europe for a few years now. I don't think he has lost any of that ability.

In terms of his maturity and how he handles relationships with the club and fans, it's always a risky move.

Overall, if we were to sign Icardi, I'll be extremely thrilled. It's potentially an era-defining move.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I don’t believe he would complement Piatek well tbh, he’s a very good player but his style doesn’t make sense in Giampaolo’s system. So I wouldn’t take him but I do rate him as a player.

Isn't Jovic a pure CF? I've seen him a few times but can't say much about his style of playing. If he can complement Pjona this would be great. Piatek, Jovic, Leao is insane amount of talent

Jovic is a complete forward imo, reminds me of Shevchenko. The combination of Leao, Piatek and Jovic would be lethal and the best strike force we’ve had since the Zlatan days without a doubt. If Jovic is available, he out of all the players we’ve been linked to is the one I want most. I don’t think it’s realistic to get him unfortunately.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Worked well with Rebic and Haller last season.

The best part about having guys like Jovic and Piatek playing together is that defenders won't know whom to foul. That is the main weapon they use to stop both of these players.

SempreKaka

Primavera
Reaction score
If we want to finish 7th in the Bundesliga, we should assemble an attacking force similar to what EF did.

I think we want better than that.

Neither Icardi nor Jovic would be good complements to P9 if we're trying to build a great team. We need someone much better on the ball who will bang in 10+ goals AND help create a bunch of scoring opportunities for others through key passes and movement.

If we had 4 star creative mids and 2 world class fullbacks, maybe the combo could work. But we don't have that. We need our SS to be helpful in creating chances.

SempreKaka

Primavera
Reaction score
Correa is closer in STYLE, but I have a lot of doubts about whether he has the quality.

Dybala has both.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Icardi?

Yes.

just think of his motivation to come here, to Inters rivals, and not only score goals for fun, but help milan back to CL and merdas expense.

Guy is 26, has a goal every two games as his worst record in 3 years.

Id say very unlikely we sign him, hes a dick, but if he comes here and is anything like his past 3 years, we have that goal scorer beside P9 that can score goals.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Icardi?

Yes.

just think of his motivation to come here, to Inters rivals, and not only score goals for fun, but help milan back to CL and merdas expense.

Guy is 26, has a goal every two games as his worst record in 3 years.

Id say very unlikely we sign him, hes a dick, but if he comes here and is anything like his past 3 years, we have that goal scorer beside P9 that can score goals.

We are not Manchester City, we don't have the luxury to have two good players in every position. We need a starting SS to partner Piatek, we don't need somebody that can challenge him for the first team spot now.

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In order to avoid capital loss, prices should be:

Castillejo = €20M
Andre Silva = €26M
Laxalt = €11M

However no club will pay that for Castillejo, so Leonardo fucked us with this signing.

Not completely correct. In order to avoid capital losses, prices should be:

Castillejo = €15M
Andre Silva = €20.8M
Laxalt = €14M

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
I was thinking more play the 4-3-1-2

let the full backs cross into the box to two guys who can score

let suso create chances for them

Does that not work?

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man how do we get these fodders for so much. Better not buy anyone than overpay mediocre crap

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Thank you devilo for your CM Borini bold text that triggered the the majority of posters. I've just spent 30 minutes reading multiple pages of these people complain. :lol: :lol:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
The latest idea for Milan in the attack is Luka Jovic who does not fall in Zidane’s plans at Real Madrid right now and could arrive on loan [Gazzetta dello Sport]

15m for a dry loan. That would be nice.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

You don't rate him that high? Icardi might be one of the best strikers in football over the last few years, ridiculously dangerous in front of the goal, but I think he's a troublemaker, and I don't see maldini and boban taking that risk

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
I was thinking more play the 4-3-1-2

let the full backs cross into the box to two guys who can score

let suso create chances for them

Does that not work?

Our fullback on paper should be able to cross ball into the box well. Somehow laxalt, rr, calabria become sucks at crossing. Conti our best crosser but shitty defender.

chechen_milan

Perettisimus Vulgaris
Reaction score
You don't rate him that high? Icardi might be one of the best strikers in football over the last few years, ridiculously dangerous in front of the goal, but I think he's a troublemaker, and I don't see maldini and boban taking that risk

Well, as you said he is dangerous in front of goals and had a good goal ratio. But for me he is just a good player. I had the same feeling about Higuain when at Napoli. Never considered him world class. Same with Icardi. But then again, would i take him into milan squad? of course! i'de take anyone who can help Milan reach our obejctives.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Jovic, if he's offered to us, should be a no-brainer. He scores goals. We need goalscorers.

It is extremely worrying that even if we take the career best season figures of our top 5-6 attackers in the starting XI currently, we'll barely get to 40-50 goals over the course of the season. That's not top 6, let alone top 4.

Edit: I was checking to see if I was right and was shocked to see the identity of the player who has the best goalscoring numbers for any season in his career in the current Milan squad after Piatek. Any guesses?

Andre Silva?

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.
I think they’d complement each other brilliantly, Jovic gives me Sheva vibes. I don’t think these rumours are true but if they are we need to snap him up.

I don’t know. They both love to get in the box a lot. IMO someone who moves arround striker, changes position... would be better suited

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Leao and Jovic has the same profile. No thanks.

Correa is the one we need to go all in for.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Don't you guys remember? We're not a club to take players on dry loan and develop them for other big clubs, hence why Ceballos was rejected by the mgmt. We're only signing loan players with an obligation or option to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule