Lucas Paquetá Thread

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man, when will these players start to respect the coach, doesn't matter if it's Gattuso, Giampaolo or literally anyone... he is your coach, you listen him and do your best

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We need strong guidelines on social media usage by players. I'm sure Rijkaard, Gullit and Donadoni didn't love Sacchi all the time, nor were Seedorf and Gattuso always bosom buddies with Ancelotti, but they didn't have avenues to express these feelings so freely.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need strong guidelines on social media usage by players. I'm sure Rijkaard, Gullit and Donadoni didn't love Sacchi all the time, nor were Seedorf and Gattuso always bosom buddies with Ancelotti, but they didn't have avenues to express these feelings so freely.

Yeah that's also true. It is the case in any team, not just sports, music bands too, arguing is almost every day routine :).
But it coming to public is what bothers me, it just has different scale once it comes to public.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Agree that posting that is being defiant given the coach's comments but the coach also has to understand that using the old phrases of the past arent helpful and disrespectful. Use proper words to convey what you mean. Say instinctive, say naive etc.

I think he did better by saying the team was playing as a bunch of individuals and have to be a collective.

This is a bit of a tempest in a teapot and even if he is benched for a few games it should be ok. What GP desperately needs is to find a group that can perform the way he needs so the more talented buy in when they arent playing.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
You have to admit that telling a Brazilian, to try and be less Brazilian is stupid, and sort of insulting.

He should be pissed.

Agree.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He has been dire so far. Would he be dire if we had a decent coach. Probably not. Let's hope he improves.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
He has been dire so far. Would he be dire if we had a decent coach. Probably not. Let's hope he improves.

Wasn't dire under Rino because Rino instilled confidence and belief in him. Giampaolo instead insults the guy and wants him to be less of his home nation... GP is a loser and a cancer in Milan, worst signing all transfer season was GP

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Has to be in a setup with runners and much movement around him so he can use his flicks and tricks to keep things moving but he also needs to move more and be a little more mature because he doesnt have the ability to peel away from defenders. Also needs to keep his head up when things dont come off and continue to believe in himself.

This current Milan may not work for him but I cant say that until I see him with Theo, Bennacer and Leao around him and Piatek running on to his longer passes.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are we still going to blame the long Brazilian season for his poor stamina?

He has barely played for Selecao and Milan since April.
He hasn't played a full game, or even 80+ mins since February.

Or will that be the new excuse? The lack of playing time?

Where's the tremendous athleticism he was supposed to have?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Dont even know wot his position is... set the man a position ffs.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Are we still going to blame the long Brazilian season for his poor stamina?

He has barely played for Selecao and Milan since April.
He hasn't played a full game, or even 80+ mins since February.

Or will that be the new excuse? The lack of playing time?

Where's the tremendous athleticism he was supposed to have?

I'm okay with him playing 60-70 mins, if he shows enough quality in those

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
so our only creative and surprising player with athletic abilities which i personally haven't seen since Ronaldinho, and the player that is most worth purchasing a ticket for, and you all are shitting on him?

makes sense for rnb.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he needs to show up more. i think this new role can be good for him. turning calabria defensive and allowing him to move as an attacker. it would be extra weapon if he and suso can make it work. suso can draw defenders and paqueta can use the space.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
vXNgT7n.gif

sXDo8lB.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
theses moves look fun and all but sometimes they kill off the speed of the game

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
theses moves look fun and all but sometimes they kill off the speed of the game

He isn’t losing possession and this move isn’t forced by himself. Players who kill off the speed of the game on purpose is something I don’t like.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
needs to be less Brazilian, for sure

I hate Brazilian players.

They should have their passes limited to a 5 foot distance by a band on their knee, and also all skills are banned. Only a stepover followed by a fall a la Poli is allowed.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last season when the team couldn’t score a goal to save its life, and Higuain was visibly bitching about the lack of service every game, Piatek and Paqueta both rejuvenated the attack and kept the team in the top 4 for most of the season.

In fact, when Paqueta got injured and then recklessly suspended towards the end of the season, the team coincidentally struggled to create chances and score goals in the seasons run in. There were other factors, put his absence in the midfield was definitely missed. If he was fit there’s reason to believe we may have gotten that extra point needed.

I’m not saying Paqueta is that crucial to our chances this season, but the club is betting a lot on him. He is very frustrating, but so are many players blessed with great control and touch. He does have a lot to learn, he has raw talent that needs to be molded.

But it’s getting tiring of people shitting on young players for not being refined. This is what Milan is now, we have to rely on young players. They will have ups and downs, because we can’t afford to get established top players. Maybe I’m crazy but I would prefer to have a talented player like Paqueta, getting looks in the Brazilian national team, and hope we can make something of him, rather than rely on consistent but average players.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
In my view, we need to give him time as he clearly has talent, and we need to give him enough space following GP.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
good prospect and talent. But it’s the same argument as Tonali. We’re not worried that he’s trash, we fans don’t like when the player can’t justify the price, even though strangely it’s not our money to spend in the first place. If Paqueta came in like Bennacer for 15-30million you wouldn’t hear any dissatisfaction. But like Tonali we cant justify the price tag of 50million just yet, maybe in the future but that’s always a gamble with younger players. For me it’s just a dig at Leo who overpaid.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
He has a couple of good flashes of talent every game, but is painfully mediocre to bad the rest of the time.

If PSG really wants to pay 60 million for him, I sell him in a heartbeat.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
paq should be playing around runners yet he is moved to play behind suso and Co&Ca

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
One of the issues is that he is new to Italian football and at a dysfunctional club - that's not easy for any player.

At the same time, how is his stamina still so low that he can never play more than 60 minutes?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Paqueta situation is pretty simple, compared to some of our other players'.
If Leo/PSG makes near or approximately the same offer as when he was the Milan SD(45m), or if they somehow top it(unlikely), then take it and run. Otherwise keep him.
He's only 22, his 1.7m net salary is sustainable and he is useful even in his current state.
We're not talking about a Dollarruma or Bertolacci situation here.

He has obviously been struggling badly so far, and, sure, some of the blame can be put on the coaches and teammates, and some of his flaws are probably just inexperience or signs that he's trying to adapt to a new environment.
What's really concerning is his general lack of athleticism and poor passing for the type of player he wants to be.
He's not going to get faster, but he needs to learn to play faster, last longer and refine his passing skills.