European Super League

Should AC Milan join the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
A very sad day for football indeed. But the truth is I don?t think UEFA can do anything about it. The richest teams in the world are together and I?m sure all those investors already thought about lawsuits and hiring the best lawyers out there

The best day for AC Milan ever.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Close thread. Open when it actually occurs

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
dude it's already official

1RXYBxd_700wa_0.gif

Riffstein

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano
“Serie A clubs meeting is now over. Juventus, AC Milan and Inter have announced their intention to stay in the domestic league and play in Serie A also if they’re now part of the #SuperLeague. ������ @SkySport

...UEFA will fight to ban SuperLeague clubs also from domestic leagues.“

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabrizio Romano
?Serie A clubs meeting is now over. Juventus, AC Milan and Inter have announced their intention to stay in the domestic league and play in Serie A also if they?re now part of the #SuperLeague. ������ @SkySport

...UEFA will fight to ban SuperLeague clubs also from domestic leagues.?

Trying to kick those three out of the house they built :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People say we will be the bitch of this league.

But we will be winning the CL if we make it next year amirite?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Trying to kick those three out of the house they built :lol:

tenor.gif

If they can break-off and play in their own tournament... nations can also kick them out of their tournament.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Eradicate this shit. No club should be guaranteed without sporting merit.Thats why Agnelli is pushing so much for it. Ronaldo project flopped and now they are not guaranteed Champions League football next season.

Riffstein

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
People say we will be the bitch of this league.

But we will be winning the CL if we make it next year amirite?

Man Twitter is all over Arsenal in this thing when it comes to being the bitch of the super league

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Sad thing is, this is a (patho)logical accomplishement of what's been going on for years: football business. I don't really buy into the "you're destroying the passion" as if you could neatly separate the business from the passion in the football industry.

What I fear the most is to see Lady Gaga on teli sliding down a rope from a helicopter hovering above San Siro.

I will certainly not watch that Super League shite but the virtue-signaling that's going on right now on social media won't do it for me either.

Instead of the Champion's League, we'll have to recite some Chicago's kid's slam poetry while taking a knee :proud:

Every other week will be some trans-related paraphernalia stuck to our neon pink kits. We'll have to play the finals in nothing but boweties and suspenders to rid ourselves of our toxic masculinity. It will be brilliant :max:

Riffstein

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
My mindset so far

Pros
1. More entertainment value, you get to watch more top tier teams and players compete.
2. The 12 clubs get richer. Most of them are already richer than the clubs around them, and if you add Bayern and Ajax to the equation that?s around 60-70% of the total UCL wins ? It?s a pro here because I?m a Milan fan tbh.
3. Because there are no real consequences for losing for the tournament after, teams should be playing with a more offensive mindset, again more entertainment value.
4. End/limit/counter UEFA and FIFA monopoly.

Cons
1. It?s bad for football in general, specially smaller teams and younger unknown talents.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
tenor.gif

If they can break-off and play in their own tournament... nations can also kick them out of their tournament.

Because we pay all of the god damn bills

Serie A without Juve; inter and Milan...

Why do I have to explain this to you

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Former Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi said he hopes the Super League ‘will be shelved’ and claimed ‘football is part of the human race’.

The 75-year-old helped Milan win two European Cups and one Scudetto during his time as a coach in the fashion capital.

The Rossoneri hero doesn’t agree with the breakaway tournament formed by 12 European giants.

“Football is liked because it belongs to everyone,” Sacchi told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I don’t like this, because football is so beautiful for its universality.

“It’s popular because anyone can practice it, it’s part of the human race. It’s difficult to find such a universal sport.

“But it has three great opponents: stardom, business and the balance sheet.”

Sacchi said he’s not worried about the future of the game, as he doesn’t believe the Super League will happen.

“No, because I hope this project will be shelved, but I don’t hope for a compromise. Half solutions are useless.”

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
I would like it but I don't want us celebrate a win after 10 losses in a row because that's what will happen.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
how does Super League make football "not for everyone"?

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score

Former Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi said he hopes the Super League ?will be shelved? and claimed ?football is part of the human race?.

The 75-year-old helped Milan win two European Cups and one Scudetto during his time as a coach in the fashion capital.

The Rossoneri hero doesn?t agree with the breakaway tournament formed by 12 European giants.

?Football is liked because it belongs to everyone,? Sacchi told La Gazzetta dello Sport. ?I don?t like this, because football is so beautiful for its universality.

?It?s popular because anyone can practice it, it?s part of the human race. It?s difficult to find such a universal sport.

?But it has three great opponents: stardom, business and the balance sheet.?

Sacchi said he?s not worried about the future of the game, as he doesn?t believe the Super League will happen.

?No, because I hope this project will be shelved, but I don?t hope for a compromise. Half solutions are useless.?

this is why Europe will never get out of its recession. People there are too resistant to try new things

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Instead of the Champion's League, we'll have to recite some Chicago's kid's slam poetry while taking a knee :proud:

Every other week will be some trans-related paraphernalia stuck to our neon pink kits. We'll have to play the finals in nothing but boweties and suspenders to rid ourselves of our toxic masculinity. It will be brilliant :max:

This thing hasnt even started and leaf is already playing the victim.
Lol

Anyway, this is a terrible idea. Gonna be some hypercommercialized nonsense, its gonna take all the good david v goliath stuff out.
Americans will probably gobble this shit up cuz they love watching snippets of sports between their commercials, but yeah this is silly.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This thing hasnt even started and leaf is already playing the victim.
Lol

Anyway, this is a terrible idea. Gonna be some hypercommercialized nonsense, its gonna take all the good david v goliath stuff out.
Americans will probably gobble this shit up cuz they love watching snippets of sports between their commercials, but yeah this is silly.

Also takes out a lot of David vs. David, and that's part of what's making people upset :lol:

tenor.gif

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Compared to which continent?

Compared to Antarctica clearly. My kind can run a football tournament (Penguin Super League) without clubs going into debt. Only downside is the relegated team are offered to the seals as food.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Glad it’s dead. Seems like curly and city pulling out forced everyone’s hand. This was all the American owned clubs pushing it. They never understood relegation and how finance in football is tied to success

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Compared to Antarctica clearly. My kind can run a football tournament (Penguin Super League) without clubs going into debt. Only downside is the relegated team are offered to the seals as food.

your kind needs an introduction to voodoo

4_2.gif

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Coukdnt even make it to 3 days. Only condor could have pulled it through