The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?
Gli Azzurri 17 35.42%
A good Serie A team 4 8.33%
A mediocre Italian team 20 41.67%
A team in a good league abroad 3 6.25%
A team in MLS, Asia etc. 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2015, 17:05   #2041
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanicious View Post
Inzaghi and Seedorf just started their coaching career unlike Allegri.

While I see Allegri as a good coach , he wasn't going to overachieve with this Milan squad.
We don't know what is achievable with this team, it reminds of Gattuso that was hired by Palermo, and made it look like a shit team (7 points in 6 games). Then a proper coach came along and got Palermo to Serie A and right now Palermo has more points than us.

All I know is that Allegri got us to 3rd place with an El Shaarawy that was a talented but unknown variable and has done jack since Allegri left and a Constant converted into a fullback and a De Sciglio that was coming from Priimavera, with a central defense made of Mexes, Zapata, Bonera and an attack that had Pazzini, Bojan, Emanuelson and Niang. With this team he also won against Barcelona 2-0 without letting them shoot at all on goal.

All I know is that he was able to play people from our youth teams like Merkel, Strasser, etc without making them look like tools.

Allegri is a coach that can tell a player what to do, where the player needs to improve so that he can grow as a player, etc. I don't know if Inzaghi can do the same. We let go Niang, and he gets an assist in his first game, we let go Saponara and he scores goal, gets a penalty and a red card for a Roma player in his first two games with Empoli.

People complain about how Allegri was causing injuries, well he left and we still have injuries and I don't see Juventus having a crisis over injuries.

Is Allegri the best coach out there? Probably not, but he was definitely one of the best we could afford.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 19:28   #2042
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

@Ender.. so you telling me sacking allegri wasn't the right thing to do at that time?
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 13:44   #2043
Sorriso Sempre
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
We don't know what is achievable with this team, it reminds of Gattuso that was hired by Palermo, and made it look like a shit team (7 points in 6 games). Then a proper coach came along and got Palermo to Serie A and right now Palermo has more points than us.

All I know is that Allegri got us to 3rd place with an El Shaarawy that was a talented but unknown variable and has done jack since Allegri left and a Constant converted into a fullback and a De Sciglio that was coming from Priimavera, with a central defense made of Mexes, Zapata, Bonera and an attack that had Pazzini, Bojan, Emanuelson and Niang. With this team he also won against Barcelona 2-0 without letting them shoot at all on goal.

All I know is that he was able to play people from our youth teams like Merkel, Strasser, etc without making them look like tools.

Allegri is a coach that can tell a player what to do, where the player needs to improve so that he can grow as a player, etc. I don't know if Inzaghi can do the same. We let go Niang, and he gets an assist in his first game, we let go Saponara and he scores goal, gets a penalty and a red card for a Roma player in his first two games with Empoli.

People complain about how Allegri was causing injuries, well he left and we still have injuries and I don't see Juventus having a crisis over injuries.

Is Allegri the best coach out there? Probably not, but he was definitely one of the best we could afford.
dorf with the same team with allegri(to compare them on same terms and not with different teams different seasons etc) did a better job than allegri.

that said i agree with you max was one of the best who would accept to come here without asking to spend over 100m on transfers and just accepting random guys like birsa.

but the problem is in management.period

the fact that pipo is clueless, as of today, as coach shouldnt be problem of a milan fan.but it is tnx to management(i mean he should training teams for 3-5 years before hiring him)

Signature
Sorriso Sempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 18:53   #2044
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Gervinho to gobbi?

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 19:21   #2045
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
@Ender.. so you telling me sacking allegri wasn't the right thing to do at that time?
Wrong question

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 23:23   #2046
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
We let go Niang, and he gets an assist in his first game, we let go Saponara and he scores goal, gets a penalty and a red card for a Roma player in his first two games with Empoli.
Quick update, Niang was one of the best (if not the best) player for Genoa today, got a red card for a Lazio player and a penalty as well as many very good plays. Coincidence ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Principe F.R View Post
dorf with the same team with allegri did a better job than allegri.
No, when Seedorf came we brought Honda, Essien, Taarabt and Rami without forgetting that at least Pazzini also came back from injury and they provided goals and assists (especially Rami and Taarabt ...Robinho got replaced, he was a walking ghost, it was like playing with 10 men and part of the reason why we got to 3rd place the previous year was because he didn't play most of the games)

Also, Allegri had to play a lot more mid-week games due to CL group games.

Also, Seedorf had the backing of the higher ups which Allegri didn't and furthermore Seedorf was not forced to use 4-3-1-2 like Allegri (it was obvious we didn't have the players for that formation)

Also a lot of teams at the end of the season, once they get 40 points they don't play as hard cause they have no further goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Oh, it was the right thing alright, but that was because the management had undermined him completely and it had become hard to make the players follow him ... and not because he was a shitty coach.
If you have time, read about Alec Stock, considered the greatest manager of QPR who got them back to back promotions to the top league. Basically the owner of the club Jim Gregory didn't think he was up to the task in the top league and kept undermining him. Here's a section ... tell me if this sounds familiar.

Quote:
Jim felt Alec couldn't bring any more successes and he really wanted him out," Phillips tells me. "He started making his life very difficult." In his unpublished memoir, Phillips recalls "constant complaints about the way the team were playing and nonstop criticism of Alec's administrative decisions".
Some 10 years after Stock's sacking, Phillips remembers Gregory bringing him up in conversation. "I was sitting in his office when he suddenly said, 'You know my big mistake, Ron? I should never have let Alec go,'" he recalls. "It was the only time I heard him admit to a mistake."
link for the full article if you're interested - http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...ck-qpr-manager

Funny part is that Berlusconi could have fired him before the season started and made it clear that he wanted to, but the fans didn't like that and plus he'd have to pay the remaining year of salary.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:22   #2047
milanoldfarts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Ahem

Allegri

Greatest coach since CL victory

one thing at a time. Let's hammer this point home
No...you don't get it
I was bashing the management...not damage controlling for the newbies(Pippo,Leo,Dorf) or downplaying Allegri(I think Allegri is an alright coach)
milanoldfarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:26   #2048
General
God Emperor of Humility

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanoldfarts View Post
No...you don't get it
I was bashing the management...not damage controlling for the newbies(Pippo,Leo,Dorf) or downplaying Allegri(I think Allegri is an alright coach)
Greatest
Coach
Since
Last
CL
Victory

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

Old 10-02-2015, 12:27   #2049
Sorriso Sempre
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

No, when Seedorf came we brought Honda, Essien, Taarabt and Rami without forgetting that at least Pazzini also came back from injury and they provided goals and assists (especially Rami and Taarabt ...Robinho got replaced, he was a walking ghost, it was like playing with 10 men and part of the reason why we got to 3rd place the previous year was because he didn't play most of the games)

Also, Allegri had to play a lot more mid-week games due to CL group games.

Also, Seedorf had the backing of the higher ups which Allegri didn't and furthermore Seedorf was not forced to use 4-3-1-2 like Allegri (it was obvious we didn't have the players for that formation)

Also a lot of teams at the end of the season, once they get 40 points they don't play as hard cause they have no further goals.

no no no and no

Signature
Sorriso Sempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 22:32   #2050
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Principe F.R View Post
no no no and no
What an argument

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 22:46   #2051
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Seedorf came in mid season, had no prep with theam, was a prof footballer one day, coach the next one. It was Allegri's 3rd season at Milan. It wasn't Seedorfs team, he wanted an overhaul but had to finish the season with that team. Team was morally down, after a shitty half of the season.

Quote:
Also a lot of teams at the end of the season, once they get 40 points they don't play as hard cause they have no further goals
Works both ways, teams in relegation battle or fighting for european spots play extra hard towards the end of the season.

Quote:
Also, Seedorf had the backing of the higher ups which Allegri didn't
Allegri was Galliani's guy, he had a LOT of merit. Seedorf had lost both B&G's backing after a month or two and suddenly reports came out about them making demands for European football. Despite that, he got results. 3/4th during his spell, with that squad and in that situation was an excellent performance. Better than Allegri's performance that season.

Signature
Rickaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 22:55   #2052
Congo Powers
Executive VP of Insta

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

And now Seedorf is getting paid to do nothing and allegri is at...
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 23:02   #2053
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickaka View Post
Seedorf came in mid season, had no prep with theam, was a prof footballer one day, coach the next one. It was Allegri's 3rd season at Milan. It wasn't Seedorfs team, he wanted an overhaul but had to finish the season with that team. Team was morally down, after a shitty half of the season.

Works both ways, teams in relegation battle or fighting for european spots play extra hard towards the end of the season.

Allegri was Galliani's guy, he had a LOT of merit. Seedorf had lost both B&G's backing after a month or two and suddenly reports came out about them making demands for European football. Despite that, he got results. 3/4th during his spell, with that squad and in that situation was an excellent performance. Better than Allegri's performance that season.
He lost the backing because of the way he went about exposing the team issues in the media. While I liked his ideas about bringing in different coaches like Stam, Crespo, etc...he went about it the wrong way. You don't just throw your team under the bus like that or criticize the previous coach. You keep your mouth shut and work.

Granted, he did get results but I remember a lot of games that would have ended in stalemate if we didn't get a lucky goal or penalty. We were still too predicable in the attacking phase. People can defend Seedorf all they want but he wasn't as good as people claim.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 23:16   #2054
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Somewhere View Post
He lost the backing because of the way he went about exposing the team issues in the media. While I liked his ideas about bringing in different coaches like Stam, Crespo, etc...he went about it the wrong way. You don't just throw your team under the bus like that or criticize the previous coach. You keep your mouth shut and work.

Granted, he did get results but I remember a lot of games that would have ended in stalemate if we didn't get a lucky goal or penalty. We were still too predicable in the attacking phase. People can defend Seedorf all they want but he wasn't as good as people claim.
agreed. Incredibly naive and unprofessional.

These are all discussions which should be had behind closed doors

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:17   #2055
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickaka View Post
Seedorf came in mid season, had no prep with theam, was a prof footballer one day, coach the next one. It was Allegri's 3rd season at Milan. It wasn't Seedorfs team, he wanted an overhaul but had to finish the season with that team. Team was morally down, after a shitty half of the season. Despite that, he got results. with that squad and in that situation was an excellent performance. Better than Allegri's performance that season.
-a- Personally I think Seedorf over-performed. If he had won with Atalanta and clinched a Europa league, I would have no qualms with him getting confirmed. This team is not Inzaghi's team either... and it's not like Allegri, or Leonardo, or Ancelotti were picking their men (pretty sure he didn't pick Ze Eduardo or Birsa ... and I'm also sure that if it was for him, he'd ship Robinho and Pato much sooner)

No arguments about Seedorf having better performance than Allegri that season either, although I think Allegri's performances were due to various circumstances. That said, if I had a club to manage, I'd pick Allegri over Seedorf every single day.

Btw, it was Allegri's 4th season
Old 13-02-2015, 17:32   #2056
milanoldfarts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Greatest
Coach
Since
Last
CL
Victory
Not
A
Big
Achievement

2 can play at that way
This is just as hilarious as people crying for Leonardo to come back and how great he was when we hired Allegri

Allegri was a good coach but that's only because he was the only real coach we hired
milanoldfarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 04:41   #2057
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Here ya go maxi... made the top 20 of UCL coaches. Haters aint gonna like this.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/7180/gal...legri/10#photo
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 05:29   #2058
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Dude seedorf was ok. We dint play much better than we did under pippo. The games we actually dominated, milan ended up losing like atletico and juve at home. We held possession better than pippo's team but we never utilized it properly. Besides, it was mostly in our half of the pitch. Dorf over pippo anyday for sure though.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 06:10   #2059
General
God Emperor of Humility

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanoldfarts View Post
Not
A
Big
Achievement

2 can play at that way
This is just as hilarious as people crying for Leonardo to come back and how great he was when we hired Allegri

Allegri was a good coach but that's only because he was the only real coach we hired
Where do I say it was a great achievement?
He is unequivocally the greatest Milan coach since Ancelloti

This is a

Cold
Hard
Fact

Deal with it

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

Old 24-02-2015, 06:45   #2060
Congo Powers
Executive VP of Insta

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
Here ya go maxi... made the top 20 of UCL coaches. Haters aint gonna like this.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/7180/gal...legri/10#photo
is this article not "the top 20 losers"..

lol
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote