FIFA thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Three_Flags.jpg
Because yes.

What's the theory then? Valcke under the bus? Who else?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Three_Flags.jpg

What's the theory then? Valcke under the bus? Who else?

Im still trying to figure it out. Of course with what emerged yesterday, it meant they were close to Blatter, so he probably saw no other way out, besides, as FIFA president he has to be at FIFA events, so I guess he realized he was fucked because the Women's WC was about to start and that meant going to Canada and getting arrested 100%.

I still dont know though what the deal could be. It's just...there has to be one, right? It cant possibly be that he'll be arrested? Come on look at Jack Warner in the John Oliver video (so far my favorite corrupt FIFA leader, what a scumbag, but wow I admire how he has no shame).

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im still trying to figure it out. Of course with what emerged yesterday, it meant they were close to Blatter, so he probably saw no other way out, besides, as FIFA president he has to be at FIFA events, so I guess he realized he was fucked because the Women's WC was about to start and that meant going to Canada and getting arrested 100%.

I still dont know though what the deal could be. It's just...there has to be one, right? It cant possibly be that he'll be arrested? Come on look at Jack Warner in the John Oliver video (so far my favorite corrupt FIFA leader)

Well Valcke was the one who cancelled the trip to Canada. Blatter was rumoured to avoid USA just before the whole thing broke for being afraid(tipped off?) about the investigation.

Hard to see them letting Blatter go cause it's bound to spiral onto his doorstep.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Blatter currently on a jet to the Cayman Islands listening to this:

tumblr_mtckm0cgy81qdlfp4o1_500.gif

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
This resignation reeks of a deal cut so he won't be investigated/jailed.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How is Qatar stock market at the moment?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Yeah :lol: He had Zimmer music in his speech :lol: dru takes the L for that trini :lol:

I was going to post it today until I saw you guys got to it already :lol::fp:

Fucking disgrace :fp: Ashamed to be a trini sometimes!!! Happy that some ppl still think we're a city in Jamaica :D

"yeah mon Jamaicans fi use de Onion as main and trusted source fi bomboclaat news :o "

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I was going to post it today until I saw you guys got to it already :lol::fp:

Fucking disgrace :fp: Ashamed to be a trini sometimes!!! Happy that some ppl still think we're a city in Jamaica :D

"yeah mon Jamaicans fi use de Onion as main and trusted source fi bomboclaat news :o "

Estonia reporting in
CGMBq8BUQAAHyru.jpg:large

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
meh

What changes are people expecting?

ikr

such an corrupt organization... most football federations are though it seems

so whatever, let's continue being sheep and enjoy the game

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
i doubt russia will lose theirs... (why should they btw?)

but Qatar...

because that's what the people want :o
don't forget about their conflict with Ukraine!

and do you believe Russia is innocent?

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i doubt russia will lose theirs... (why should they btw?)

but Qatar...

russia's bid was equally as corrupt and theyhave some bad human rights violations but the difference is they don't require wc to be moved to club season and they have more infrastructure.

Bigger thing is it's 3 years away which would be difficult to take away. Qatar on the other hand....

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

russia's bid was equally as corrupt and theyhave some bad human rights violations but the difference is they don't require wc to be moved to club season and they have more infrastructure.

Bigger thing is it's 3 years away which would be difficult to take away. Qatar on the other hand....

just because their government are fuckers doesn't mean their people should miss out on a world cup.

The US apparently wants a WC, let's give it to them, because they never violate human rights?

Don't let the people suffer for what the governments do.

I can imagine most WC bids for I don't know how many years being corrupt.

----

Why I'm against Qatar are the conditions... both for workers and the fact that football can't be played in that heat.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If they act fast, there is time enough

Engeland can do it!

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
just because their government are fuckers doesn't mean their people should miss out on a world cup.

The US apparently wants a WC, let's give it to them, because they never violate human rights?

----

Why I'm against Qatar are the conditions... both for workers and the fact that football can't be played in that heat.
:star::star::star::star::star:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

----

socchi death count was highest of any global sports event until Qatar.

That barely touches the other issues w/ Russia.

http://www.hrw.org/russias-olympian-abuses
Forced evictions
The Russian government is resettling some 2,000 families to make way for Olympic venues and infrastructure. But not all of those evicted received fair compensation for their properties and in some cases, homeowners were forced out with no compensation at all. Many resettled residents lost a portion of their livelihoods because they depended on agriculture or income from seasonal rentals in their seaside homes.

Migrant worker abuses
The transformation of Sochi from a small resort town to international Olympic host has been made possible by more than 70,000 workers, including tens of thousands of migrant workers from outside of Russia. Many of these migrant workers face exploitation – with employers failing to pay their wages, confiscating workers’ passports, and forcing them to toil up to 12 hours a day with only one day off each month – all in violation of Russian law.

This barely touches it.

Sochi's deaths were total of all other events leading up to it (pre-qatar

Last edited:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players

----

I don't agree with this

The people would only suffer if you would exclude Russia from the WC (for which are valid reasons right now)
not by taking away their WC, which they didn't won fair in the first place

----

Besides money, there is no good argument to let Qatar host a WC

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

----

I can't locate the FIFA own assesment how Qatar and Russia were both worst choices of all in their bids but here's this
B-mWQMuXAAAbI0n.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ghosts of Sochi

Numbers Of Dead 'Do Not Add Up'

A 2013 Human Rights Watch report estimates that 70,000 migrant workers were involved in constructing the Sochi Games. Many suffered long hours, unpaid wages, and overcrowded accommodation. Some saw their passports confiscated by employers.

The true number of the working dead at the site is not known. But there is a disparity between the official figures and those of the workers' country of residence.

Earlier this year, Theblacksea.eu contacted Moldovan authorities requesting death certificates issued from Sochi.

The Interior Ministry collects data from families applying for state funds for burial costs. These records show that 33 Moldovans died in Sochi since 2009 and 19 between 2012 and 2013.

Nearly 18,000 Uzbeks have died on Russian construction sites since 2010.
The Russian Labor Inspectorate, responsible for counting the dead, told reporters that 26 workers died in Sochi in 2012-13.

Most migrant workers came from Central Asia, with a minority from Moldova. So the likelihood that over three-quarters of the deaths were Moldovan alone is slim.

In a statement to reporters, the Labor Inspectorate claimed that "the safety of workers was ensured" in Sochi and that worker fatalities at the Games site were "four times less than the average" for Russia's construction industry as a whole.

By contrast, Britain suffered no worker fatalities during the construction of the 2012 Olympic Games. Vancouver had one death in the run-up to the 2010 Winter Olympics. China claims 10 workers died while constructing the Beijing Games in 2010.

But former Olympic workers tell Theblacksea.eu that deaths were an everyday routine -- and that numbers reached into the hundreds. Suffering the brunt of these was the Uzbek community.

Slave Class

Landlocked authoritarian republic Uzbekistan now provides so many migrant workers to Russia that, in the Russian language, the term "Uzbek" often describes anyone from the ex-Soviet states of Central Asia.

The Russian Federal Migration Service stated on December 4 that Russia has 2.15 million Uzbeks officially registered there. The real number once the illegal migrants are counted is significantly higher.

Many leave to escape appalling human rights abuses and forced labor in the cotton fields. Once in Russia they often find poor living conditions, xenophobia, and illegal work in the country's $150 billion per year construction sector.

When the time came for construction in Sochi to begin, Russia exploited this new Uzbek class as useful human capital. The plight of this illegal labor force echoes that of the Nepalese migrants in Qatar, where hundreds have died building for the 2022 World Cup.

Jailed For Revealing Number Of Uzbek Dead

Mahsud Abdujabbarov has just spent two months in a prison cell in Tashkent, the Uzbek capital. In August, Russian authorities expelled him from the country. When he arrived in Uzbekistan later that day, the secret police snatched him at the airport .

His crime? As head of the Interregional Center for Education of Migrants in Moscow he fought for the legal rights of migrant workers. He had recently published details of ongoing research into the deaths of Uzbeks in Russia.

His work, conducted with two Russian colleagues, claims that 48,500 Uzbeks died in Russia in the past four years. These numbers come from the Emergency Situations Ministry of Russia, the Interior Ministry, local hospitals, and airports shipping coffins to Uzbekistan.

Some of the deaths, he says, are from natural causes, such as heart failure, but also include accidents and racist murders. Forty-two percent of the dead, nearly 18,000, died on Russian construction sites.

Abdujabbarov tells Theblacksea.eu that at least 120 Uzbeks were killed during the construction of Olympic facilities. "There is a mixture of reasons for workers' deaths," he says, "but the main culprits are employers. Dangerous work was conducted by people without professional education and without proper control.

"Another problem was that people had to work without any rest," he adds, "sometimes without even sleeping.... Some workers died due to lack of concentration because they were exhausted."

Since his release from prison last month, Abdujabbarov has fled Uzbekistan and is in hiding, unable to return to Russia or to his wife.

Olympic Construction Firm: 'Millions' Paid In Bribes

Migrants' rights also struggled under the climate of corruption infecting the games. With a $50 billion price tag, the global sporting event suffered widespread accusations of graft in how the state organized the construction contracts.

The Russian state firm overseeing the Games, Olympstroi, saw its employees investigated for embezzlement in 2012, but so far there are no formal charges.

In 2010, Russian officials also opened a probe into Vladimir Leschevsky, former government official in the Department of Presidential Affairs supervising construction contracts, for accepting bribes.

Valery Morozov, former head of the Russian construction company Moskonversprom, now living exile in Britain, tells Theblacksea.eu that he personally paid millions in black money to Leschevsky.

The official, he says, would then pressure him to subcontract work to a group of ex-Yugoslav companies. One of these companies was Putevi Udice, based in Serbia, owned by businessman Basil Micic.

Putevi received hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts to build or reconstruct sites in Sochi, including the city's airport, and the Hotel Kamelia, a luxury five-star resort. Despite the huge money flows, several employees and NGOs accused Putevi of failing to pay wages.

One Moldovan worker, Misha, worked illegally in Sochi for Putevi from 2012 to 2014. He tells Theblacksea.eu that he knew of at least seven workers who died working for Putevi alone. "Three of them were from Uzbekistan," he says, "and Putevi paid to cover them up."

Putevi did not respond to journalists' questions.

Charges against Leschevsky were eventually dropped, and the government discreetly moved him to a different department. Morozov claims that the video evidence against Leschevsky is "lost." It was, he alleges, more likely used by the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) to bribe the official.

Talk of dead Uzbeks was rife in Sochi, according to workers there. Misha and another source told Theblacksea.eu of a rumored shallow grave containing half a dozen bodies in Rosa Khutor, where the Olympic skiing events took place.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I can't locate the FIFA own assesment how Qatar and Russia were both worst choices of all in their bids but here's this
B-mWQMuXAAAbI0n.jpg

the sochi numbers are heavily disputed by slave labor of migrant workers on what were considered 'infrastructure' projects and not 'olympics....

even though they were for olympics

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I do keep wondering though to "their people" actually enjoy these events? Thinking about protests in South Africa and Brazil...the WC is made for tourists and tourist packages more than for the countries people. Sure you'd have home crowd attending, and enjoying the game, because we're like that...but there's a chance the ones that will suffer taxes, inflated prices, resettling (w/o compensation) are "their people".

Anyway its 3 years away, the WC will go on (all Confed events this summer will go on inspite of the investigations against main officials), its too big an event sponsors themselves will keep it alive. Only 3 countries have the infrastructure for a WC without resorting to massive idiotic overspending and 2/3rds of them would still find themselves unable to host it due to time. The other 1/3rd is probably not interested in buying themselves the problem of getting a WC with 3 years to go in case something goes wrong, they'll lobby for 2022 though.

FIFA post Blatter will probably still be a corrupt entity. It's too big of an institution that generates way too much money, in fact if we burn FIFA now, and build a different one, or if some confed or FA decides to start a new organization it'll be corrupt. But it can be a bit cleaner, more open, it can continue being 1 vote for each, but it can also work its way to avoid obvious bribery cases, it can prevent for one person to be re-elected over and over (2 terms tops)...it can avoid sponsoring deaths/slavery to build stadiums for one event, it can still be an event that goes around nations...if FIFA is willing to put most of its money on building infrastructure (logical infrastructure, useful infrastructure).

Last edited:

Schedule