Paolo Maldini Thread

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Again, quoting one of the True Sports commentators, a quick look at Paolo's trophy cabinet is "frightening." With this in mind, the humility he bestows time and time again continues to be refreshing and unique even after decades of service. A true ambassador for football with no peers in sight.
We have to thank God for blessing us with Paolo Maldini
Amen.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
he's still smiles and looks like it's the first time he's won a trophy lol :D

GRANDE PAOLO!! GRAZIE CAPITANO!! :proud: :star: :cool:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Paolo-2.jpg

GRANDE PAOLO :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :star:

Paolo... with Daniel and Christian so.. cute ;)

Mal.jpg

Last edited:

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Andromeda said:
Paolo-2.jpg

GRANDE PAOLO :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :star:

Paolo... with Daniel and Christian so.. cute ;)

Mal.jpg

Never seen something cuter. LOL I'm so emotional today ;) :star:

Thanks for sharing ;)

FORZA PAOLO :proud: :proud: :proud:
FORZA CHRISTIAN & DANIEL (our future legends) :proud: :proud: :proud:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
madtherchot said:
The greatest sportsman ever? :eek: :D

indeed... he is too good to be true.. couldn't be replace with anybody.. :cool:

gaizka22 said:
But last night Maldini looked pensive and awkward. He had the look of a rock star getting ready to launch an encore to his last ever gig. He had a reflective look that seemed to say “Wow, another cup won. It’s been a wonderful life. But this might me my last. I will miss this when I’m done.”

yes.. i saw that too.. i saw his eyes.. even i couldn't find tears there... but he looked different.. geezzz.. i am falling in love with Milan and football because of Maldini at my 1st sight.. so i never imagine football without him what would that be?

gaizka22 said:
The moment was very special for me. Because – barring another Champions League triumph in Moscow in May next year – this was probably the last time Maldini will lift a major trophy. When we won the UEFA Super Cup game vs Sevilla last September in Monaco, I didn’t watch the match so I was very shocked when I saw pictures of the trophy ceremony. It wasn’t Maldini, it was another player, how could it be? That’s another indication of how impressive his career is. Try to find any pictures of Milan winning important cups in the last 5 years and you will likely gazed upon a picture of Maldini lifting the trophy with his team mate adoring him like a Golden God.

Ambro is a good player also (despite his owngoal last night against Boca :D ) but i feel weird when he lifted the cup.. i feel like this when i saw Ambro lifted the cup: doesn't suit on Ambro..and care to share a words for Ambro: "Let Maldini lifts the cup, Ambro...he is there wearing black jacket for Godsake!!!!"

gaizka22 said:
The presence of new heroes like Kaka, Pippo, Seedorf, Nesta and Pirlo to name a few created an air of passing the baton to another generation. Something that’s been said for at least 5 years but never really happenned because Maldini is simply too good to be replaced. He is not only a link from past to present to future. He is the past, he is the present and he defined the future.

indeed.. Kaka is no doubt the best player in the world right now, Pirlo is awesome, and others also good player.. but u will have this comment when somebody talks about Maldini : "Indeed.. BIG man".

gaizka22 said:
His journey is nearing the end. The full circle will be completed in 6 months. It is debatable if there will be a player who can match his personal glory, it is debatable if there will be another player capable of playing top class soccer for 20 years. But there is no doubt that there will never be anyone like him in the minds and hearts of Milan fans.

u might found talents better than him.. but u never find someone like him...
i have tears in my eyes writing this.. :cry: he's my idol since i was a little girl and the reason that i love Milan and football :cry:
i wish Maldini never get old and should retire :cry:

GRANDE IL'CAPITANO!! :star:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Thanks for the photos guys. I was so happy to see the sparkle in Paolo's eyes whilst he was waiting to come up on the stage to receive his winner's medal and the trophy. This could be the last time we witness Paolo hold up a trophy.

It's unbelievable what Paolo and Milan have acheived this past 18 months (three trophies in six months) and people say our cycle is over. Just goes to show the magic of this club.

A great point the commentator made last night, in reference to faith and trust shown by this club, was in the final of the UCL against Liverpool. Maldini arguably played the worst game of his career yet Ancelotti didn't choose to replace him, like most other tacticians would've, he trusted him and just let him play on. Another instance was with Ambrosini and his constant injury problems. Another club would've lost patience and shown him the door however Milan waited 12 months for him to fully recover and now he an integral component of this squad and its successes. This is the reason why we are successful and will continue to be successful.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
This is NOT San Paolo's last trophy by any means.....you're forgetting this year's CL :o
Also think of the TONS of silverware he will bring us as our next manager :cool:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
He has won the following with Milan:
Scudetto : 7 (88, 92, 93, 94, 96, 99, 04)
Champions Cup/League : 5 (89, 90, 94, 03, 07)
UEFA Super Cup : 5 (89, 90, 94, 03, 07)
Intercontinental Cup : 3 (89, 90, 07)
Copa Italia : 1 (03)

Did he received a medal for UEFA Super Cup 07 vs Sevilla? I forgot how many Italian Super Cup that he won with Milan. We lost in 99 and 03 but won in 04. Before that I don't remember.

Truly incredible. Other players may have won the same trophies (Del Piero comes to mind as the only players still active). But winning it repeatedly is another thing. Probably only Real Madrid players from the early-mid 50s have more winner's medal than him.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
All hail king Paolo Maldini. :D

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
... just one word ....

MAGICAL

... grazie Paolo !!! ...

ForzaAdriano3

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabregas, ,Nesta, Maldini, Terry, Kaka, Rino, Adu
I am writing an English paper on Maldini. After doing some research, I have started to admire the man even more. :)

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
ForzaAdriano3 said:
I am writing an English paper on Maldini. After doing some research, I have started to admire the man even more. :)

willing to share your english paper with us when it is ready?
I would love to read it. ;)

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Not one of the captain's better performances tonight but it raises a question for me.
When Maldini doesn't perform well people use the excuse that he is 39 years old. It's a reason, but I view it as an excuse simply because when Janku plays he doesn't give less than Maldini and I believe he gives more at this point.

I'm not criticising Maldini because obviously he's a legend but the fact is, why should he at 39 be playing in some of our most important games if the person(s) he plays ahead of would probably give a better performance. Some believe its his leadership qualities, anyone has any views on this?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
4get Milan & the fact we suck thx 2 the stupidity triad.
Maldini should retire b4 half the Milan fans will beg him 2 do so.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Pirlo Fan said:
Not one of the captain's better performances tonight but it raises a question for me.
When Maldini doesn't perform well people use the excuse that he is 39 years old. It's a reason, but I view it as an excuse simply because when Janku plays he doesn't give less than Maldini and I believe he gives more at this point.

I'm not criticising Maldini because obviously he's a legend but the fact is, why should he at 39 be playing in some of our most important games if the person(s) he plays ahead of would probably give a better performance. Some believe its his leadership qualities, anyone has any views on this?
Maldini played well last night. He made one mistake which proved to be a costly one when he made a poor clearance which fell to Cambiasso. Though throughout the night he munched Maicon.

Ha, that slide tackle in the first half as old school!

Obviously you have a short memory of Jankulovski's performance in last years derby.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
@ San Paolo

Maldini is a legend

But he needs to retire. A left back that did not put in a meaningful cross all game :head:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Forza Pirlo said:
@ San Paolo

Maldini is a legend

But he needs to retire. A left back that did not put in a meaningful cross all game :head:

And he will retired at the end of the season (Unless i missed something.) So whats the fuss all about? He made a couple of good tackles and was decent considering his age and fitness level. He did make that 1 costly mistake but was good otherwise. Its not like Janku has been running up and down and providing 1 assist after another. Janku has been preety average if you compare him with other great left backs who play in the same position.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
And his mistake wasn't due because of his age...in fact, the problem with that mistake was that he did it after playing over 20 seasons (but hey, does ones usually happen even when you are the greatest ever and you are at your greatest moment). Really, if anything his age wasn't shown in this match in particular.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
menon_inc said:
And he will retired at the end of the season (Unless i missed something.) So whats the fuss all about? He made a couple of good tackles and was decent considering his age and fitness level. He did make that 1 costly mistake but was good otherwise. Its not like Janku has been running up and down and providing 1 assist after another. Janku has been preety average if you compare him with other great left backs who play in the same position.

agree

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Maldini played well last night. He made one mistake which proved to be a costly one when he made a poor clearance which fell to Cambiasso. Though throughout the night he munched Maicon.

Ha, that slide tackle in the first half as old school!

Obviously you have a short memory of Jankulovski's performance in last years derby.

What does one game a year ago have to do with regular performances? One bad game doesn't make a defender. My point is when Maldini makes big mistakes, the poor header yesterday, he was ok against Maicon but alot of times he gets beaten for pace, I remember against Roma it happened for sure. Why do people always bring up the fact that he's 39?

Janku usually gives us more. Maldini is solid enough defending but when we need another outlet attacking he gives us less than Janku and Janku isn't as bad defensively as people make him out to be. Not criticising Maldini as I said, but why should we have to find the excuse that he's 39 when we could just play Janku from the start, who as I said also gives us that attacking option.

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Okay Paolo made a mistake yesterday but this has nothing to do with his age. He played well yesterday and just made one mistake.
What if Kaka makes a mistake? Should he also retire? :D
Everybody makes mistakes and I don't get it why football players aren't allowed to do the same.
And why bashing single players after a mistake? They are feeling bad enough already.

Merry Christmas to all of you ;)

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rosanna03 said:
Okay Paolo made a mistake yesterday but this has nothing to do with his age. He played well yesterday and just made one mistake.
What if Kaka makes a mistake? Should he also retire? :D
Everybody makes mistakes and I don't get it why football players aren't allowed to do the same.
And why bashing single players after a mistake? They are feeling bad enough already.

Merry Christmas to all of you ;)

I'm not talking about only yesterday. My point is whenever it happens people always add in his age. IMO he didn't play well, he was ok but it would be classed as well because of his age. It is an obvious factor but its surely not the only one is it. And I never said he had to retire, but I believe Janku is a better option.

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Pirlo Fan said:
I'm not talking about only yesterday. My point is whenever it happens people always add in his age. IMO he didn't play well, he was ok but it would be classed as well because of his age. It is an obvious factor but its surely not the only one is it. And I never said he had to retire, but I believe Janku is a better option.

My post was not directed to you.
This is your opinion regarding Janku and I respect it. ;)

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Overall, if Janku was better than Maldini, im sure he would be on that pitch instead of Paolo. I do not believe that he gets to play because he is the captain or because the coach doesnt want to hurt his feelings. Feelings arent really involved here, thats why gourcuff is throwing away some of his best years on the bench..

I think its only fair that we mention age because its maybe the most important factor. If he plays brilliantly, people say its really amazing because he is 39 afterall. If he screws up, people say its time for him to retire because he is 39. The reason why he gets beaten for pace and is left far behind the other player is because of the fact that he is 39! That is why we must bring up his age, there is no way in hell someone would compare a 39 yearold to a 25 yearold so unless you are doing that which would be pretty unbelievable, just accept that bringing his age up when it comes to pace is fair.

Like you said, what does one game have to do with regular performance. So look over the last games and sum up both Janku and Maldini's performances and if Janku truly is the better option then our coach must be a bigger fool than we thought for fielding Maldini in such an important game for 90 minutes (if im not wrong here)
I remember, the time when Maldini wasn't here...people said they were looking forward to him coming back because we needed him and now after one bad game, they want to get rid of him..? :eek: (not saying Pirlo fan is doing that because he made it clear that he didnt say that)

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Maldini came on as a token captain against Boca when the match was pretty much wrapped up so that he could lift his last trophy with the club... don't tell me that was not an act of sentiment?

my guess at that time was so Janku could rest till the derby... but lookin' back... it was all about sentiments... it had nothin' to do with Janku's performance or ability...

that is digustin'... all players must be judged from the same pedestal... reputation & seniority cannot put one ahead of another...

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazymilangirl said:
Overall, if Janku was better than Maldini, im sure he would be on that pitch instead of Paolo. I do not believe that he gets to play because he is the captain or because the coach doesnt want to hurt his feelings. Feelings arent really involved here, thats why gourcuff is throwing away some of his best years on the bench..

I think its only fair that we mention age because its maybe the most important factor. If he plays brilliantly, people say its really amazing because he is 39 afterall. If he screws up, people say its time for him to retire because he is 39. The reason why he gets beaten for pace and is left far behind the other player is because of the fact that he is 39! That is why we must bring up his age, there is no way in hell someone would compare a 39 yearold to a 25 yearold so unless you are doing that which would be pretty unbelievable, just accept that bringing his age up when it comes to pace is fair.

Like you said, what does one game have to do with regular performance. So look over the last games and sum up both Janku and Maldini's performances and if Janku truly is the better option then our coach must be a bigger fool than we thought for fielding Maldini in such an important game for 90 minutes (if im not wrong here)I remember, the time when Maldini wasn't here...people said they were looking forward to him coming back because we needed him and now after one bad game, they want to get rid of him..? :eek: (not saying Pirlo fan is doing that because he made it clear that he didnt say that)

That's basically what I'm saying. People question Janku's defensive abilities but does Maldini perform that much better than him in that aspect. I don't believe so. Basing this on recent performances btw, not just the last game.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
My argument is with ppl that suggest replacing Dida without mentioning Maldini , Cafu & Sergi.
Dida has been sloppy 4mrethan 2 years& its time 2 move on.
Dida is a GK & he afford 2 b as old as he is & that lead us 2 Maldini , Cafu & Sergi.
Legends , no doubt , but enough in enough & we should move on + replace em , ALL.

Maldini should retire 4 his own sack.
Why would he wanna ppl remember his mistakes.
It would v been a wise decision retiring after the world club champion.
I can easily c him as a coach :D

Last edited: