Siena 2-1 AC Milan: FT Report

NANMAN30

Primavera
Reaction score
Terrible game today. Defense was a little shaky at times and we couldn't capitalize on our chances at goal. WE need NESTA back

cute_medusa

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui Costa,Ronaldinho,Samuel E'to,Figo,Cristiano Ronaldo,Zidane,Maldini
what went wrong?but nice goal from cozza though..

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Can't say anything since I didn't saw the match, but the result is what counts, and it says we lost 2-1..with or without that goal dissallowed.
I'm confident that on wednesday we'll reach the top again, Inter has to safe their year, and beating Juve is one of the ways to safe it. We're still fighting.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so disappointed. Still plenty of chances, but it's a defeat that will affect psychologicaly in the other matches. We gotta win absolutely with Chievo and Parma and hope that Inter wins(who would have thought that I'd be cheering for Inter one day)

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I believe Milan have given up their Scudetto ambitions in order to win the CL. In all fairness, winning the CL is much more important than the domestic competition but I'd really hate to see Juve win another Italian title. I'd be all for trading the Scudetto for the CL but at this point nothing has yet been decided and Milan should still fight for the Scudetto.
Hopefully this was just a slip-up. It angers me to see how well we can handle the likes of ManU and Inter but we have troubles against the likes of Brescia and Siena.
This game could end up to be a blessing in disguise...Milan needed a wake-up call against the smaller sides. Juve has it very tough in the next two weeks (Inter and Lazio) and in a couple of weeks is the big Milan-Juve showdown. So before you know it we could be on top holding on to a lead...if Milan still do want to win the Scudetto that is.

NANMAN30

Primavera
Reaction score
I totally agree and I think they are putting too much empahsis on winning the CL if thats the case. The next round is weeks away so why not go all out and get the points you need? In all fairness I think they did but in a pretty strong offensive effort but were lacking in finish. Defense also looked very shaky with too many players pushing forward at once to get a winner. The good thing is that the race is not over yet. With a little help from INTER :mad: Milan could see themseleves tied back atop the table come next round.

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
Out of two games with Brescia and Siena only one point,I say we're lucky to be three points behind Juve and not six.It was a bad performance today against a very motivated team that fought to the end and deserved the win.We couldn't close out a game after taking the lead for the second time in a row and that is disapointing for our deffence especially if you consider the oposition.I never saw such a bad performance by Maldini in my life,he looked very shaky through out the game as did Stam.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Milan always fuck up when I don't watch them. Galliani should put me on the payroll.

Reaction score
It's going to be tough but we still have Juve at home and Milan has everything in their own hands.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pranjic said:
Out of two games with Brescia and Siena only one point,I say we're lucky to be three points behind Juve and not six.It was a bad performance today against a very motivated team that fought to the end and deserved the win.We couldn't close out a game after taking the lead for the second time in a row and that is disapointing for our deffence especially if you consider the oposition.I never saw such a bad performance by Maldini in my life,he looked very shaky through out the game as did Stam.
I'm not sure if our performance was that bad, I've only seen a 12 min match report, + even if taking into account they showed the best scenes back to back, Milan appeared a bit more lively than normally against teams of Siena's 'caliber', while Siena IMO looked more enthusiastic + more determined + in the end I really felt they deserved the result.

Yea, Maldini was embarrassingly headless in 2 or 3 scenes, with Stam not much better, the finetuning between both doesn't seem to measure up to the Nesta/Stam standard.

As for the controversial disallowed goal, IMO Collina made an excellent call. Everyone seemed to concentrate on Sheva but not Sheva was the 'wrongdoer' here, Crespo was offside + 'involved in play' by passing to Sheva, hence no goal.

Of course the slip-ups against Brescia + now Siena are inexcusable but I believe the race is still on + it's up to us to finish it ahead of Juve.

Forza Milan !

Last edited:

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ohhh the horror. Coupled with a Juve win. I dont like this one bit. This might affect us Psychologically, we need to win a game as soon as possible to calm everyone down. I really dont care if we play well but dont win. It's all about results, results,results. Inter has lost once this season and they're 16 points off the pace. I'm just counting on another Juve slip up. And it was the Captain of my national team that scored Juve's first goal too. :mad:

:dance:

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
savicevic10 said:
Milan always fuck up when I don't watch them. Galliani should put me on the payroll.

Haha im the opposite.....when i do stay up for a game we f*cken lose or draw and when i check the score in the morning we always win.....i think i may have to sacrifice not watching.....ahh forgetit the world doesnt revolve around me :D

tDo you want to know what i think bout Milan not winning against SHIT teams like Siena....yes SHIT teams......the Milan players dont have the motivation to go to a crappy depressing atmosphere like Siena and play their best.....thats why we beat Inter, Juve and the big clubs but not Brescia and co. We need a younger squad......with excitement, exzuberence (not sur ehow to spell it) and will to play their best everygame and not take playin for Milan for granted like half the players do.

Honestly......Juve have more competition for their places....admit it. Everyone says Milan do because of our bigger squad....RUBBBISH......honestly who is going to start ahead of Sheva....Crespo, Kaka, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Stam, Maldini <cafu and Dida....????? Just what i thought.......

They go to SHIT teams like Siena and are still thinking of the Champs League or what their girlfriends are gonna give em when they get home in bed......I know we still have everything to play for this season and i realise this statement sounds really negative but its just what i think.

Younger players will always want to prove themselves to the manager and fans.....i mean HONESTLY whats Maldini, Stam, Nesta, Sheva and that have to rpove? They have won EVERYTHING

Last edited:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Well, the old Milan of 02/03 season is back again! Leading the league only to lose the top spot after heavy CL schedule.

This is a very very disappointing result. We can only regain the lead if we beat Juve late in the season and even that can only happen if we don't drop more points. 1 points from 2 games! We look like a club trying to beat the drop to serie B!

Although I still given up the chance of the 18th scudetto, things are getting so hard now. If this fails, my only hope is that we will copy the 02/03 achievement by winning the CL in Istanbul.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Passion for *9* said:
As for the controversial disallowed goal, IMO Collina made an excellent call. Everyone seemed to concentrate on Sheva but not Sheva was the 'wrongdoer' here, Crespo was offside + 'involved in play' by passing to Sheva, hence no goal.

These highlights would suggest otherwise, hence talking out of your arse again ;)

http://mohsau.footballclips.net/calcio/week31/H_ACMilanSiena.wmv

Still pathetic to draw at Siena when we drew against Brescia a week before.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
This might have been asked before, but what happens if Milan and Juve are tied in the end??

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Passion for *9* said:
I'm not sure if our performance was that bad, I've only seen a 12 min match report, + even if taking into account they showed the best scenes back to back, Milan appeared a bit more lively than normally against teams of Siena's 'caliber', while Siena IMO looked more enthusiastic + more determined + in the end I really felt they deserved the result.

Yea, Maldini was embarrassingly headless in 2 or 3 scenes, with Stam not much better, the finetuning between both doesn't seem to measure up to the Nesta/Stam standard.

Of course the slip-ups against Brescia + now Siena are inexcusable but I believe the race is still on + it's up to us to finish it ahead of Juve.

Forza Milan !

Bullshit what game are you watching? that was a goal they were both onside another fucked up decision which could decide the outcome of the scudetto.

Last edited:

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
pnut408 said:
This might have been asked before, but what happens if Milan and Juve are tied in the end??

I believe in Serie A, when top teams finish level on points regardless of goal difference, the title will be decided on a playoff game. It is the same case for the bottom teams also, a playoff to see who avoids relegation.

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
hey dun juve have to face inter and milan still.

i'm confident they'll drop 1 to 3 pts against inter and hopefullly 3 pts to milan

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
San Paolo said:
Bullshit what game are you watching? that was a goal they were both onside another fucked up decision which could decide the outcome of the scudetto.
Ask Collina if it was a goal or not. If the ref don't give a goal it aint a goal. I don't understand why people cry about refereeing decisions to cover up the fact that our team have made a nice job of fucking up their league chances by losing to a team we should beat easily. It's nothing to do with Collina it is to do with not taking our chances and not being able to stop the other team scoring, and whether we played well or not it is simply not good enough to lose to sides like Siena. Lets just hope we can now win our remaining games and Juve drop points. It's a shame to be in a position where we rely on other teams now instead of doing the job ourselves.

Forza Milan

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
I was watching Siena-Milan. You must have been watching sth else then. Crespo was offside according to the TV pics + the slowmotion replay. And how about Milan starting to convert their chances a bit better ? I knew the whiners here would start to blame the ref for Milan's very own shortcomings, sore losers :o

Last edited:

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
so sad that we lost...

Reaction score
Fav. Players
All ACMilan Players are my favourite!!
SIENA, April 17 (Serie A) - AC Milan ended a turbulent week in dismal fashion with a defeat at Siena which handed Juventus the advantage in the race for the Scudetto.

Milan, whose Champions League clash with city rivals Internazionale was abandoned with 19 minutes to go on Tuesday night after fans housed in the Inter section started throwing missiles on to the San Siro pitch, will be disappointed at failing to build on a lead given to them by Hernan Crespo.

The Rossoneri, who missed a string of chances throughout the game, were punished when Enrico Chiesa equalised after 72 minutes and then substitute Francesco Cozza netted the winner with four minutes remaining.

The post-match analysis will centre on Milan but the Rossoneri's failure should not detract from what was a dogged Siena performance which keeps alive their hopes of staying in the top flight.

Dida, Milan's goalkeeper, was declared fit to play despite needing treatment for a shoulder injury, sustained when he was hit by a burning flare on Tuesday night, and he was soon into the action in Tuscany.

The Brazilian was quickly off his line to deflect Chiesa's shot away for a corner after just four minutes.

Carlo Ancelotti's men were swift to respond though, Cafu's 30-yard drive taking a deflection off a Siena defender before finding its way through to home keeper Alex Manninger.

Milan thought they had taken the lead after 11 minutes but Andriy Shevchenko's effort was ruled out by referee Pierluigi Collina for offside.

The game continued to flow from end to end and only the woodwork prevented Igor Tudor from giving Siena the lead with a towering header.

It was Milan who finished the half in the ascendancy, however, and after Gennaro Gattuso shot wide from close range, Kaka drew a save out of Manninger with a 30-yard effort.

Brazilian international Kaka was again denied by Manninger five minutes after the restart as Milan maintained the initiative.

And the visitors finally got the goal they deserved after 63 minutes when Crespo, on loan from Chelsea, squeezed the ball through Manninger's legs from an acute angle.

Gattuso almost made amends for his earlier miss when his 25-yarder crashed back off the bar as Siena struggled to cope with Milan's clever movement.

The home side had been second best but, totally out of the blue, they equalised through Chiesa.

The former Italy international showed all his predatory instincts by being the first to react when his initial shot hit the post and he lashed the ball past Dida, this time with the help of the upright.

Shevchenko stung Manninger's palms with a free-kick after 74 minutes but that was the closest Milan came to snatching a second.

And they were caught out after 86 minutes as Siena snatched the most unlikely of victories - Cozza heading past Dida at the near post to send the home fans inside the Artemio Franchi into raptures.

Gigi De Canio's men are now one point clear of the relegation zone but need several more performances of this nature to make sure of their place among the elite.

Milan, who were awarded a 3-0 win by UEFA after the midweek trouble and are now in the semi-finals of the Champions League, are three points adrift of Juve, following the Bianconeri's 5-2 thrashing of Lecce on Sunday, and Ancelotti has work to do to raise his troops for the challenges that lie ahead. :head:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
it seems at Milan they are not calm .. here what they said today for the goal disallowed by that stupid corupted linesman by Juve..

LINESMAN BAGLIONI'S PRECEDENT
4/18/2005
SIENA - Andriy Shevchenko opened the scoring for Milan after 10 minutes at Siena, but the Ukrainian striker was adjudged to be in an off-side position by linesman Baglioni and the goal was ruled out. However, the Rossoneri lead should have stood, as Sheva was behind the line of the ball and the referee's assistant had a clear point of view to judge.
On December 17, 2000, in the 4th minute of Verona-Milan, the same Baglioni decided in the opposite direction, validating a goal by home striker Emiliano Bonazzoli, even though he was clearly in a off-side position.

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
Passion for *9* said:
I was watching Siena-Milan. You must have been watching sth else then. Crespo was offside according to the TV pics + the slowmotion replay. And how about Milan starting to convert their chances a bit better ? I knew the whiners here would start to blame the ref for Milan's very own shortcomings, sore losers :o
Crespo wasn't offside I watched the game,there is no way he was offside + I watched RAI's late night highlights and their moviolla(I'm not sure if I spelled this right) and they all said there was no offside,he was in line with the last defender.Although it's no excuse for the way we lost this game

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
besikaka said:
it seems at Milan they are not calm .. here what they said today for the goal disallowed by that stupid corupted linesman by Juve..

LINESMAN BAGLIONI'S PRECEDENT
4/18/2005
SIENA - Andriy Shevchenko opened the scoring for Milan after 10 minutes at Siena, but the Ukrainian striker was adjudged to be in an off-side position by linesman Baglioni and the goal was ruled out. However, the Rossoneri lead should have stood, as Sheva was behind the line of the ball and the referee's assistant had a clear point of view to judge.
On December 17, 2000, in the 4th minute of Verona-Milan, the same Baglioni decided in the opposite direction, validating a goal by home striker Emiliano Bonazzoli, even though he was clearly in a off-side position.

What a great memory they have!

Irrespective of whether the decision was incorrect or not, Milan should not be reliant on a single decision such as this to beat a team battling to stay in Serie A. That's 5 points dropped now in the space of a week. The excuses don't wash. They are not paying proper attention to concentration levels and are taking the 3 points for granted.

It's not good enough.

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
indeed, regardless of the "injustice" case, milan should have won the game against the likes of siena in a good fashion way, and i mean big scoring...
there is no point of blaming anyone if they can't do the job themselves...
they should have realized this a long time ago, nothing is taken for granted

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pranjic said:
Crespo wasn't offside I watched the game,there is no way he was offside + I watched RAI's late night highlights and their moviolla(I'm not sure if I spelled this right) and they all said there was no offside,he was in line with the last defender.Although it's no excuse for the way we lost this game
Hm, I've seen it too + to me it looked offside. Maybe by centimeters but who cares, such calls always go either way + usually there's not made a big fuss about them, because it's an established fact that they are difficult to make without technological support... The commentator here refrained from calling the call 'wrong', just said it was tight + that normally those tight calls go in Milan's favour. I guess that's what makes it such a big deal for us, we're not used to tight calls going against us.

Our reaction (see besikaka's post) is really pathetic. Same goes for Sheva's comments on officiating, made at Golf club della Villa Reale in Monza. Maybe he should practise his finishing, rather than play a stupid golf tournament, even if it is for Milan Foundation, so next time he can score a second should his first be disallowed ;)

I thought we are MILAN ! We should be more dignified in defeat + leave the whinging, fingerpointing + looking for convenient scapegoats to Inter. It's their territory, not ours.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MILAN can still win the SCUDETTO but they need to be focused. I am not sure why this things always happen, but I guess we or the MILAN team is always motivated to play in CL matches but their concentration level and hunger of winning level against the smaller teams in SERIE A somewhat drops by a notch or two, and that makes the difference.

Yes, it is right, that we have been helped by the referee more so than being hurt, so one of these f*ck ups may happen and we have to swallow that bitter pill with dignity. At the same token, I am afraid that JUVE may get some of those advantageous decisions in their favor, more so than MILAN would. And that is why it is extremely important for both the players and the referee, not to make any more mistake. He is absolutely right.

In this season MILAN probably got 7-8 points help from the ref, JUVE have got probably 15-16 points help from the ref. The best thing is to keep to 0 point for the both the team in the next 7 games. But at least keep it to the same level, that mean if MILAN gets a boost of 4 points for favoring the big club, JUVE should also get 4 points due to advantageous referring but not any more than MILAN.

IMHO, MILAN can still win the SCUDETTO, provided they don't drop any more points in next two home matches. I am confident about the CHIEVO match but I am not too sure about the PARMA match. Because that match is too close to the CL semi. And that is the problem because our players, supporters and managements' minds would hovering over that clash against EINDHOVEN.

Schedule