Gianluigi Donnarumma Thread

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Don't insult the boy's integrity.

He's too good to waste his career here. If Silvio does not sell there is no way he should stay. In a couple of seasons he will get into any team in the world if he continues to progress at his current rate. He deserves better than this Milan and he will be sold if Silvio stays.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Gigio Donnarumma has received the prize "Revelation of the year."

Donnarumma: "I thank Mihajlovic for the chance he gave me, I have worked to the maximum.

Donnarumma: "If I was sad when Mihajlovic left? Of course. He's a great motivator. He helped me get this role."

Donnarumma: "My future? I see myself at Milan for many years to come. I'm still young but I see myself in this shirt for at least 10 years.We want to do better next season."

Donnarumma: "The national team? I hope to get called up next year."

13263862_1083900728335773_7001685428987647237_n.jpg

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Gigi Donnarumma admits ‘I hoped for an Italy call-up’ and reveals ‘I dream of wearing the Milan captain’s armband.’

The goalkeeper has been one of the revelations of the season in Serie A, making his debut aged 16 under Sinisa Mihajlovic.

He was overlooked by Antonio Conte for the Azzurri’s Euro 2016 squad, an omission which he admits disappointed him.

“Of course I hoped for a call-up to the national team,” Donnarumma told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I clung onto that dream until the end, but I’m happy to have made my debut with the Under-21s and to know that Luigi Di Biagio relies on me.

“My personal objective is always to continue to improve, Milan’s goal next year must be to get back into Europe and then we’ll see.

“Long-term future? I hope to still be at Milan, with the captain’s armband. It would be the culmination of a dream I’ve had since I was a child.

“Buffon’s heir? I don’t know about that. But I admit that his compliments are the ones that have pleased me the most.

“Berlusconi has complimented me a lot this year and has also given me some advice, especially regarding earrings and tattoos. He doesn’t want me to have them and indeed I don’t.

“Milan’s sale? I can’t imagine a Milan without Berlusconi. And I like the idea of a young, Italian Milan.”

The young goalkeeper also commented on Napoli’s season, as he is from a town close to the port city.

“Napoli is a great club and one of the best teams in our league,” he said.

“They did really well this season, but the defeat in Turin let the Bianconeri past and they continued until the end with a winning streak that nobody could oppose.”

http://www.football-italia.net/84899/donnarumma-‘hoped-azzurri’

speaks like a veteran

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Talks like 37 years old, has the body of God and is only 17 years

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
especially regarding earrings and tattoos. He doesn’t want me to have them

in the US you can't get a tattoo until you are 18...not sure about Italy

and piercings, I think you have to be older than 16 or have a parent/guardian present

anyway, I think that is weird ^^

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Like i said...make him a captain.

You don't make someone captain just because he has nerves and says pleasant things. You also don't make someone that young a captain. Playing him at that age is one thing (many players got significant playing time when they were young, messi, cr7 etc). But making him captain is absurd.

You have to influential on the field, have wisdom and be assertive when it's required. He still can't command his box and he hasn't done anything bar starting and playing extremely well (not exactly qualifications for captaincy) to warrant being handed the arm band

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
gigio donnarumma has received the prize "revelation of the year."

donnarumma: "i thank mihajlovic for the chance he gave me, i have worked to the maximum.

Donnarumma: "if i was sad when mihajlovic left? Of course. He's a great motivator. He helped me get this role."

donnarumma: "my future? I see myself at milan for many years to come. I'm still young but i see myself in this shirt for at least 10 years.we want to do better next season."

donnarumma: "the national team? I hope to get called up next year."

13263862_1083900728335773_7001685428987647237_n.jpg

❤❤❤

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I admit that I was very skeptical when he first started. It seemed almost like a suicidal desperation move. That said, I'm very glad that I was proven wrong.

Can improve in a few areas, but he has shown that he can pull his weight very well.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
His nickname should be "The Miracle".

He's indeed a miracle in times like these.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
we have witnessed the birth of a god

Cnvu3jEXEAAsImS.jpg

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
:proud: ^^

i am so afraid losing this guy to another club, i can't bond with him.

he's a miracle for this club. can go down as a legit GOAT

please never sell him PLEASE i don't think i would be able to handle it

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
:proud: ^^

i am so afraid losing this guy to another club, i can't bond with him.

he's a miracle for this club. can go down as a legit GOAT

please never sell him PLEASE i don't think i would be able to handle it

Fat raiola is his agent.. Just saying

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you remain so calm with all that has happened in the last year?

“It’s a family trait. We’re all very humble people, used to keeping our feet on the ground. It comes natural to me to take everything on without delving into a fantasy land.”

So if you didn’t have your family behind you what could happen?

“Without them it would be easy to fall into temptation and let it go to my head.”

You always appear so level-headed, even in the most delicate situations. Is it possible that nothing bothers you at all?

“Not necessarily. At times the anxiety arrives and I work to keep it under control. But it’s not some psychological secret. Playing a game on my PlayStation is enough to alleviate the tension. The important thing is to let your head go somewhere else.”

We’re imagining what you would play…

“Well, it’s obvious – FIFA 16. I also always buy myself in the transfer market, I spent €5 million (laughs).”

Such modesty. In real life you would value yourself much more, right?

“I try not to think about it. It all happens very fast, I only think about living in the moment and I give myself limits. As a supporter seeing myself in Milan is a beautiful feeling, but it still feels a bit strange.”

They say the second year is always the most difficult.

“I’m not afraid of that, I’m calm because I only know a culture of work, and putting in the work pays off.”

[Milan President Silvio] Berlusconi said that you’ll be Milan’s goalkeeper for the next twenty years. A wonderful compliment that in a way can be scary.

“Absolutely not. I really like the idea to renew [my contract] and I also like to think I will have a lasting relationship with Milan for the coming years. I’ve always been a Milan supporter and I must say the captain’s armband is a dream of mine, a crowning achievement in my career path. Obviously though, one thing at a time.”

What is one thing you don’t want to revisit from last year’s Milan?

“The drops in concentration. I only say that the Milan that fell out of the European places can’t been seen again. The campaign will be hard, but if Leicester can make their mark…”

The first match of the season you’ll see Mihajlovic again, the coach who launched your career. What effect will it have?

“I’ll never be able to thank him enough, he gave me so much, but I want to start the season well.”

What did he say to you before your debut?

“It was the night before the Milan-Sassuolo match and we were in a retreat in Milanello. He took me aside and asked me how I felt. I was astonished, I didn’t expect it but I knew he could count on me.”

First impressions of Montella?

“Excellent. He has so much desire, we’re all doing well. He’s the right coach to restart with.”

How did it feel to relegate someone like Diego Lopez to the bench?

“I always had an excellent relationship with him, even when I became the starter he was always nearby, giving me advice.”

Most emotional moment of the season?

“The 3-0 win over Inter in the derby.”

The error you would rather forget?

“[Domenico] Berardi’s goal at my near post in my debut.”

One thing you want to improve and your biggest strength.

“Playing with the ball at my feet, while I like my calm demeanor. On the pitch it’s important that I manage the game not like a 17-year-old, but with maturity.”

This guy :star:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Wants to be Captain?
That's like the fucking kiss of death these days for us :lol:

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Whatever he says a couple more seasons like the past few and he will be off. He would be mental to waste his career at Milan.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
How do you remain so calm with all that has happened in the last year?

“It’s a family trait. We’re all very humble people, used to keeping our feet on the ground. It comes natural to me to take everything on without delving into a fantasy land.”

So if you didn’t have your family behind you what could happen?

“Without them it would be easy to fall into temptation and let it go to my head.”

You always appear so level-headed, even in the most delicate situations. Is it possible that nothing bothers you at all?

“Not necessarily. At times the anxiety arrives and I work to keep it under control. But it’s not some psychological secret. Playing a game on my PlayStation is enough to alleviate the tension. The important thing is to let your head go somewhere else.”

We’re imagining what you would play…

“Well, it’s obvious – FIFA 16. I also always buy myself in the transfer market, I spent €5 million (laughs).”

Such modesty. In real life you would value yourself much more, right?

“I try not to think about it. It all happens very fast, I only think about living in the moment and I give myself limits. As a supporter seeing myself in Milan is a beautiful feeling, but it still feels a bit strange.”

They say the second year is always the most difficult.

“I’m not afraid of that, I’m calm because I only know a culture of work, and putting in the work pays off.”

[Milan President Silvio] Berlusconi said that you’ll be Milan’s goalkeeper for the next twenty years. A wonderful compliment that in a way can be scary.

“Absolutely not. I really like the idea to renew [my contract] and I also like to think I will have a lasting relationship with Milan for the coming years. I’ve always been a Milan supporter and I must say the captain’s armband is a dream of mine, a crowning achievement in my career path. Obviously though, one thing at a time.”

What is one thing you don’t want to revisit from last year’s Milan?

“The drops in concentration. I only say that the Milan that fell out of the European places can’t been seen again. The campaign will be hard, but if Leicester can make their mark…”

The first match of the season you’ll see Mihajlovic again, the coach who launched your career. What effect will it have?

“I’ll never be able to thank him enough, he gave me so much, but I want to start the season well.”

What did he say to you before your debut?

“It was the night before the Milan-Sassuolo match and we were in a retreat in Milanello. He took me aside and asked me how I felt. I was astonished, I didn’t expect it but I knew he could count on me.”

First impressions of Montella?

“Excellent. He has so much desire, we’re all doing well. He’s the right coach to restart with.”

How did it feel to relegate someone like Diego Lopez to the bench?

“I always had an excellent relationship with him, even when I became the starter he was always nearby, giving me advice.”

Most emotional moment of the season?

“The 3-0 win over Inter in the derby.”

The error you would rather forget?

“[Domenico] Berardi’s goal at my near post in my debut.”

One thing you want to improve and your biggest strength.

“Playing with the ball at my feet, while I like my calm demeanor. On the pitch it’s important that I manage the game not like a 17-year-old, but with maturity.”

This guy :star:

precious precious precious precious child

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE

love it :lol::lol:

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Donnarumma said:
Well, it’s obvious – FIFA 16. I also always buy myself in the transfer market, I spent €5 million (laughs).

Doesn't that mean he doesn't play with Milan? :devilcon:

Fake fan. :o

Schedule