Ajax Question??????????

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
The other day I am looking through some sort of a......ahh......I guess an Ajax "primavera" team roster of sorts......and I see player named, Stefano Seedorf.

I mean.....I would have to imagine this is Clarence's brother, but does anyone know for sure? :conf: :conf:

I mean, not too many Seedorfs running around out there, and I think he was born in 83 or 84, which almost certainly eliminates him from being Clarence's son.....well....you never know sometimes with these Surinamese :devilton:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
yes he is, or so this site says:

Stefano Seedorf in Ajax 1st team squad
24 May 2002
Stefano Seedorf will be joining the 1st team squad at Ajax next season. Clarence Seedorf's younger brother will be accompanied by Jelle van Damme, a Belgian central defender who joined from the Amsterdammers'satellite club GB Antwerpen last season.

http://www.footballnl.com/20012002/news/news03986.html

but...

This one say cousin

Some youth players are waiting in line to make their entry in the senior squad. Among them Stefano Seedorf (cousin of Clarence) and Wesley Sneijder.

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/3216/ajax.html

Here is the picture: http://home.wanadoo.nl/~bresy/JongAjax/selectie/JA_Seedorf.htm

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Just to make it even more complicated, I read an article in a German magazine and another in a Dutch magazine that stated Stefano Seedorf is ole Clarence's nephew!

Clarence has two brothers, Juergen (21) und Cedric (18) who played for the Dutch U18 and U15 teams and they were both playing for the youth teams of Ajax. However, their dad who seems to be the coach/manager for the entire clan took the two lads out and took them to Madrid in hopes of seeing whether they could find a place in the Real or Atletico youth teams.

They both have since returned to Holland and Jurgen is a forward for the team De Graafschap while Cedric who also played for Holland in the European U16 championships in 2000 is a midfielder for the Dutch team NAC.

How funny would it be if all 4 of them play for the same team either for Milan or for Holland?!!!! :D The announcer would go nuts! ;)

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Dont listen to any of it, You know how we havent heard from Ruud Gullit in a while? Well whats really happened is he has this basement where he creates humans, he has made them all Dutch to try and help Holland qualify for a tournament and the cousin/brother/son/dad/evil twin story is just a cover, so thats the real story. :)

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
hehehehe that's funny...and probably true! :D Speaking of ole Rudy, He is now married to Johan Cruyff's niece and they had a daughter a few years back...Somebody told me that now they have a son as well... Well with genes like that, maybe Milan should sign him for the Primavera team immediately!!! :D :D :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
ads216 said:
hehehehe that's funny...and probably true! :D Speaking of ole Rudy, He is now married to Johan Cruyff's niece and they had a daughter a few years back...Somebody told me that now they have a son as well... Well with genes like that, maybe Milan should sign him for the Primavera team immediately!!! :D :D :D

yeah, a Gullit-Cruyff.......thats a player there. But, even Johan's direct offspring, Jordi.......well, he just couldn't follow in his father's footsteps. I am glad too, cause if memory serves, Man U would own him. But since he is nothing more than an average player, he is rotting away in Andalucia with Alavés :D

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Stefano is the nephew from Clarence yes!
He play now for the first week in the first team of Ajax Amsterdam.

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nope, i'm pretty sure it's his brother. Planetfootball.com has a game where you send in your opinion (Team Teaser or something) and the topic last week was "Players with brothers that play in another country" and Seedorf was listed...so i think it is his brother

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
can someone like send a mail to the ajax officials and get this damn question settled cause im getting really confused here!!!

really---> :conf:

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I Took Ozmosis' advice and called Ajax! Here's the deal. :D

Clarence has two brothers Juergen and Cedric who used to play for Ajax. Now Juergen plays for De Graafschap while Cedric is at NAC. Stefano is Clarence Seedorf's nephew. :head: ;)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
ads216 said:

Clarence has two brothers Juergen and Cedric who used to play for Ajax. Now Juergen plays for De Graafschap while Cedric is at NAC. Stefano is Clarence Seedorf's nephew. :head: ;)

Thank you for being proactive and finding out for us.

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus said:
ads216 said:

hehe, yeah thanx man... but its just one thing i was wondering... Is Stefano [Juergen] or [Cedric's] son?
:blackeye:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Ozmosis said:
Seamus said:
ads216 said:

hehe, yeah thanx man... but its just one thing i was wondering... Is Stefano [Juergen] or [Cedric's] son?
:blackeye:

hahahahahaha........Ads, this time call Ajax Football Club collect ;)

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
LOL, :D Since when did I become the Seedorf family expert!!! :D Thank god I can score free calls from office and pretend its for business!!! ;)

Stefano's father is clarence's older brother according to Ajax but the guy I spoke to goes these Surniamese family connections are so complicated that we just take their word for it when they say it's my nephew!! :D

Reaction score
lol :D I am also born in Paramaribo same town where Seedorf family come from in Surinam and that is why I am such a big fan from Clarence ;) I think Stefano is the son from his cousin brother. So Stefano call him uncle Clarence.

And Clarence's father is like a coach for every body in the family and he is the man who make every body in the family such good players and he is also manager for the family. I think Stefano will also be just such a good player like his uncle soon. But the brothers I don't know if they will be such good players. Maybe Cedric since he is a better player.

Every Surinamese in the world only have one dream: To Play for Ajax Amsterdam! ;) And every great player from my country have play for Ajax. The Seedorf family, Kluivert, Rijkaard, Winter, Davids. The only player who never play for Ajax is the greatest player from Surinam Ruud Gullit. But he play for Milan with Rijkaard, Kluivert and Seedorf so I am happy! :devil2: :devil2:

Schedule