English Premier League Thread III

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a way to end that run.

'bout time. They've had it coming for a while.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
It shudve been far superior victory...

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Grazie Watford. Hopefully this means the beginning of the end of Liverpool’s dominance.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
How the fk is that offside?

VAR in epl is a joke

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
-VARchester is red
-Liverpool needs 2 more wins for the title.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Massaropool 2
General 4

download.php

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So Liverpool, argued by many in this thread as one of the all time great teams...

Out of every competition with the potential of having their league title cut short due to this pandemic...

From potential treble winners to a zero silverware season with an asterisk behind a league title

Sad

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pep is overrated as fuck and hasn't proven anything since he left barcelona, which was one of the best teams in football history, even my grandfather could have coached this barcelona side. Endless tikitaka with no real offensive threat , that is what pep's about
It's funny when people like to use 'it was Barca lol' as a way to belittle pep's achievements.

Are people forgetting what was going on under Rijkaard pre-pep? That team was carried by Ronaldinho and Eto'o, and as soon as Dinho's commitment to football started to wane, the team fell off dramatically. Pre-Pep Xavi and Iniesta were just good players. It's a bit different with Iniesta.. He was 21ish? but Xavi was not a stand out world class CM. He wouldn't have gone into any of the top 4-8 teams in the world. Nobody could predict Messi's growth 12 years ago, either.

Pep got that whole thing moving.

Equally, his stint at Bayern probably hurt his reputation more than it did enhance. Bayern had ripped through everybody the year prior to him taking over. Then the following season he slowed them down, made them all play 5 yards closer together and they struggled for a season. Even after a year when he'd adapted he never came to close to another CL win.

More on topic - the sniffles had better not effect promotions this year

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So Liverpool, argued by many in this thread as one of the all time great teams...

Out of every competition with the potential of having their league title cut short due to this pandemic...

From potential treble winners to a zero silverware season with an asterisk behind a league title

Sad

You can't really say that thanks to Coronavirus.

They were never going to win the Carabao Cup or the FA Cup.

Atletico match was a thing that happens. Oblak had an insane match and Adrian passed to their striker...

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cancel the season? :fp:
Ppl are too obsessed mocking the Liverpool title.
The whole EPL is not about them only.
Shef utd, Wolves, Leicester, are having phenomenal season too. And they didn't deserve to lose the chance for playing in European competition just because this pandemic.
Also, would it be fair on clubs on championship division like Leeds, West Brom ?

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Sad
Klopp boiz :lol:

What happened Jurgen? What happened after you stole the kids wellbeing? - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-51580401

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Lol! Evra is a mouthy little fecker... had this been in a dressing back in the day Evra wud've gotten a smack by Keane.

I'd be fighting him at half-time, swinging punches
^^ A line by Roy in the clip.

A comment on yt channel:
No you wouldn't - due to social distancing measures.

A rebuttal:
Roy keane dont do social distancing, he just punches people to the distance he desires

Lol! Lol! Lol! Too true.

Last edited:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
congratulations to Jurgen Klopp and his bois. What a season.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Both the earliest title in terms of games remaining, but the latest won given the delay in the season. Crazy haha.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Harry Kane's equaliser is disallowed :lol:

VAR in EPL is a joke

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
16 years later, back in the Prem. Can't wait to get absolutely ran by City etc next year :cool:

Not yet.
It's still mathematically possible to choke and fuck it up like last year.

I think you'll be fine once you reach EPL. Fewer games, less pressure to deliver in every game since you'll no longer compete with 23 other teams for the 2 top spots.
That does wonders for Bielsa teams. Also, you have bigger revenue potential than the Bournemouths and Brightons, your transfer funds will probably be larger than Milan's.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leeds have the potential to have the biggest national fan base in the country. 3rd biggest city in the country with no 2nd team to split the fan base the issue is staying up for a couple of years first and signing the right players.

Most of this team aren't good enough and this league win is fully due to Bielsa and the lack of managerial quality in the league rather than individual quality.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
16 years later, back in the Prem. Can't wait to get absolutely ran by City etc next year :cool:

Thought you would be looking forward more to facing the other team in Manchester :D

Congrats though.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Congratulations on the FA Cup Arsenal. It's always nice to see ex-Milan players (not you P!rl0 :o ) do well :)

I always get butthurt when I see Aubameyang play!
Forza Milan

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel lined up as De Gea successor at Man Utd

This wud be glorious!

But if De Gea does leave Utd wud mostly likely recall Dean Henderson... big hopes for him

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I saw you training yesterday and I have no doubts that you are a leader. That is my feeling. The world looks to English football with an incredible respect but they still think that the movie stars of football belong to other places. We have to build also your status in that direction.

?My profile, I am little bit like that as a coach. The reality is that my dimension is universal and by being with me I think I can help you to [explode],? the manager concluded with a hand gesture.

Mou has always been fuuny. I like that abt him.

Kane responded: ?That?s my aim. When you're at a club like Tottenham, of course we've done well and personally I've done well - but I want to be Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.?

:lol::lol: Guess kane is funny too but in a different way.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I can't believe Fullham managed to get in the EPL, what a incredibly shit performance so far.

There's literally nothing that they do well. Arsenal are also meh so far.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
4 minutes in, Leeds pressed into a PK..bad welcome back match to have.